2019 French Grand Prix - Le Castellet, June 21-23

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
turbof1

Re: 2019 French Grand Prix - Le Castellet, June 21-23

TAG wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 22:26
turbof1 wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 22:19
Ok guys,

We understand the frustration with the penalties given and not given. And we do allow memes and gifs and whatever if the context purely remains humor. You can even go pretty far with it, but again the context has to remain humor, and please do add a disclaimer next time with sexistic memes that you respect women. It is a small effort and will lead to a lot more understanding and acceptance.

And please, don't get emotional. There will be people utterly frustrated that Vettel got a penalty and Hamilton did not (of which I do not make a judgement on any of those 2 cases whatsoever!), but always stay respectful and constructive. It will help getting your point across!
I was about to label "Ferrari" on the old pick up truck, but you guys were quick on the trigger and foiled my witty retort before its time. That Mercedes was hot! Thanks for what you do Mr. Turbof1 sir. Much respek boss man. ;)
Thank you for your required daily words of appraisal, citizen! Carry on.
#AeroFrodo

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

turbof1 wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 22:28
TAG wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 22:26
turbof1 wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 22:19
Ok guys,

We understand the frustration with the penalties given and not given. And we do allow memes and gifs and whatever if the context purely remains humor. You can even go pretty far with it, but again the context has to remain humor, and please do add a disclaimer next time with sexistic memes that you respect women. It is a small effort and will lead to a lot more understanding and acceptance.

And please, don't get emotional. There will be people utterly frustrated that Vettel got a penalty and Hamilton did not (of which I do not make a judgement on any of those 2 cases whatsoever!), but always stay respectful and constructive. It will help getting your point across!
I was about to label "Ferrari" on the old pick up truck, but you guys were quick on the trigger and foiled my witty retort before its time. That Mercedes was hot! Thanks for what you do Mr. Turbof1 sir. Much respek boss man. ;)
Thank you for your required daily words of appraisal, citizen! Carry on.
I’m now sat here wondering what the hell I missed?

yelistener

Juzh wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 21:10
bottas p1 lap
https://streamable.com/ycawp

One thing I noticed when i updated the official f1 app to get the telemetry for this lap is that now they are using bigger font in the speedometer, which totally wasn't ripped off of my onboard clips (originally yelinster's idea) :lol: Funny also, how they instantly did it after they nuked my youtube channel, just perfect timing . Well, at least it gave them a good idea and less work for me not needing to enlarge the font myself :D

here's what it used to look like before the french gp update, notice the smaller text size inside the speedometer
https://i.imgur.com/12yNKWI.jpg

and this is how it looks like now
https://i.imgur.com/qdIwwLt.jpg

obviously it doesn't really matter, but interesting to see they adjusted things in this way
Well, at least your channel didn't die for nothing lol

Any plan of starting a new channel?

F1Krof

F1Krof wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 15:00
bosyber wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 08:35
So, I just read this tweet by Mark Hughes, which admittedly doesn't say much, but, might hint at Ferrari having a first bit of a real fix to be competitive (though admittedly I first thought it referred to their lunchtime activities of the protest, as do evidently many of the people responding - a clever teaser then):
https://twitter.com/SportmphMark/status ... 7735359488
So, maybe sector 3 Mercedes will be 0.4 ahead of Red Bull, but perhaps no longer Ferrari?
"...and then a Leprechaun show up. Moreover just as the excitement started to dim down, big foot, three faries, Gandalf himself and bunch of Unicorns show up just like that, and then..."

If there is one guy that is more wrong than right, defying even the laws of statistics, his name would be Mark Hughes.
And here we go: "I read that point but it is not true at all," Binotto said. "We do not have correlation issues. So I would say unfortunately [it's not true], because if that would have been the case then maybe we would have solved part of the performance. But it is not a correlation issue and what I read does not correspond to the truth."

I told you ;)
Wroom wroom

MtthsMlw

Ferrari only behind Merc in slow speed corners. Weird.

Juzh

yelistener wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 00:11
Juzh wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 21:10
bottas p1 lap

One thing I noticed when i updated the official f1 app to get the telemetry for this lap is that now they are using bigger font in the speedometer, which totally wasn't ripped off of my onboard clips (originally yelinster's idea) :lol: Funny also, how they instantly did it after they nuked my youtube channel, just perfect timing . Well, at least it gave them a good idea and less work for me not needing to enlarge the font myself :D

here's what it used to look like before the french gp update, notice the smaller text size inside the speedometer
https://i.imgur.com/12yNKWI.jpg

and this is how it looks like now
https://i.imgur.com/qdIwwLt.jpg

obviously it doesn't really matter, but interesting to see they adjusted things in this way
Well, at least your channel didn't die for nothing lol

Any plan of starting a new channel?
Maybe later. This track is so dull, it's not really worth it.

hollus

Just had a look at the FP3 results. These cars, that engeneering, those simulations, even those drivers... they are all too perfect for the good of the show!

These are the time differences, in seconds, between all team mates:

Mercedes 0,041
Ferrari 0,028
Red Bull 0,061
McLaren 0,233
Renault 0,221
Alfa Romeo 0,236
Toro Rosso 0,362
Haas 0,015
Racing Point 0,187
Williams 0,085

Average 0,1469

Wayyyyyyy too perfect! The average position difference between team mates is 1.8 positions.
Rivals, not enemies.

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Renault and McLaren are really getting ahead of the midfield battle.

atanatizante

Some thoughts after FP3:
- only Merc and Ferrari are able to do Q2 on medium tyres, maybe Max
- top speed side both Merc and Ferrari did 325-326km/h so the latter sacrificed some top speed for more downforce, with Leclerc setting the fastest S1 and Vettel on S2
- Red Bull in their quest for more DF is only 4-5km/h down on top speed compared to the above teams but Max was still complaining about balance and DF with both understeer and snap oversteer
- Ricci did constant 324km/h compared to Hulk`s 320km/h and Macca boys are both at 325km/h ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

atanatizante wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 13:19
Some thoughts after FP3:
- only Merc and Ferrari are able to do Q2 on medium tyres, maybe Max
- top speed side both Merc and Ferrari did 325-326km/h so the latter sacrificed some top speed for more downforce, with Leclerc setting the fastest S1 and Vettel on S2
- Red Bull in their quest for more DF is only 4-5km/h down on top speed compared to the above teams but Max was still complaining about balance and DF with both understeer and snap oversteer
- Ricci did constant 324km/h compared to Hulk`s 320km/h and Macca boys are both at 325km/h ...
More downforce but still 4 tenths down on S3.

MtthsMlw

In comparison to everybody else besides Merc Ferrari gets along in S3 (tyre limited) quite well actually.
Looks like they have improved since Barcelona if it's not just the higher track temp.
Closest to them is RB +4 tenths. Meanwhile Merc is still in a league of its own as usual. More than a second faster than most other teams in S3 alone.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

It seems Ferrari have blown it with their updates again.

MtthsMlw

Restomaniac wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 14:05
Why? The new FW stays on the car and the floor was only tested to gather data. As it is part of future updates coming in the next 2 or 3 races.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

MtthsMlw wrote:
22 Jun 2019, 14:10
Restomaniac wrote:
Why? The new FW stays on the car and the floor was only tested to gather data. As it is part of future updates coming in the next 2 or 3 races.
If you say so. I’ll go on previous seasons when Ferrari have screwed up mid season upgrades.

atanatizante

Restomaniac wrote:
In Canada after FP2 Ferrari was 8 tenths behind Merc and Sunday just 1 tenth ...
Here they are just 7 tenths so the race prospects looks good on paper but in contrast to Canada, they have slim chances to get pole coz they sacrificed their top speed in order to get higher DF levels ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus