2019 [R09] Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg, 28-30 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
sosic2121
sosic2121

Re: 2019 [R09] Austrian Grand Prix, Spielberg, 28-30 June

Shrieker wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 18:11
sosic2121 wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 16:48
Leclercs mistake was that when he saw max going inside he didn't went in and blocked him totally
You cannot move under braking to block. It's not allowed.
Who says? :lol:

When Max moved under braking, they gave penalty to Rosberg #-o

dans79

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 19:26
Charles definitely deserved a penalty for that all day long. And Lewis is closer to borderline as he IS substantially ahead, but I could see why he would be penalised
Her is another example, watch Alonso on Vettel. He ran him right of the track and no penalty.
197 104 103 7

dans79

sosic2121 wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 19:35
dans79 wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 17:48
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 17:24
Isn't squeezing someone to the apex that late (as Max was only alongside very late) moving around in the braking zone. I thought that wasn't allowed.

Scrap that. Max has been doing/getting away with that for years.
It's been an unspoken allowed move for a long time. In other words the drivers and stewards have always allowed a driver overtaking on the inside to squeeze the defending driver out. Caveats beings it has to be done in a way that doesn't endanger the defending driver, or cause an accident. You can literally see this almost every season.
Yes(although I don't agree with it), but this time it caused accident.
It caused slow speed contact, not an accident. Contact itself is not a punishable offense.
197 104 103 7

dans79

sosic2121 wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 19:36
That's because of how Rosberg positioned his car, he gave max no chance of ever making the turn (assuming you mean Germany 2016).

Also, etiquette is to reference the race and the year when you are presenting an argument, so others can respond!
197 104 103 7

NathanOlder

dans79 wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 19:45
NathanOlder wrote:
Charles definitely deserved a penalty for that all day long. And Lewis is closer to borderline as he IS substantially ahead, but I could see why he would be penalised
Her is another example, watch Alonso on Vettel. He ran him right of the track and no penalty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiub1DnUnkg

Yeah and again, Alonso should have been penalised what's your point?

Even that incident Vettel is on the radio saying "he can't just run me off the road like that" and Alonso was someone who said "you must always leave space".

The drivers all know the rules, but they know the FIA and Stewards are soft touches and can bail out of giving penalties for what should be handing them out for.

All most of the fans want is consistency, they are currently being consistently --- at upholding the law on track! Canada they did the right thing, Austria they didn't.

All you keep doing is showing me times when the stewards were being crap. I already know they are crap, I don't need showing over and over.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

sosic2121
sosic2121

dans79 wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 19:56
sosic2121 wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 19:36
That's because of how Rosberg positioned his car, he gave max no chance of ever making the turn (assuming you mean Germany 2016).

Also, etiquette is to reference the race and the year when you are presenting an argument, so others can respond!
Sorry about me not saying it was 2016 Germany.

Nico's positioning of his car was response to max moving under breaking. After that it was impossible for Nico to make a corner and leave enough room for max.

Although I'm a big Alonso fan, I believe he deserved a penalty against Seb in China.
For example I also believe he deserved penalty for overtaking both Massa and Sainz in USA 2016(if my memory serves me well).

epo
epo

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 20:41
dans79 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Even that incident Vettel is on the radio saying "he can't just run me off the road like that" and Alonso was someone who said "you must always leave space".

The drivers all know the rules, but they know the FIA and Stewards are soft touches and can bail out of giving penalties for what should be handing them out for.

All most of the fans want is consistency, they are currently being consistently --- at upholding the law on track! Canada they did the right thing, Austria they didn't.

All you keep doing is showing me times when the stewards were being crap. I already know they are crap, I don't need showing over and over.
Dude, please stop. Leclerc went for the penalty move aka schwalbe, he lost, game over try again next time. Please do the same and stop trying.

dans79

NathanOlder wrote:
We will have to agree to disagree then, because the stewards have been allowing a defending driver to be squeezed out on turn exit for a while now, and i see nothing wrong with it.

The only time it ever gets a penalty is in one of the following cases.
  1. Driver on the inside isn't under full control of their car, and causes an incident. (Max on Vettel last year in china)
  2. Driver on the inside gives the defending driver no chance of making the turn (Nico on Max in Germany 2016)
197 104 103 7

NathanOlder

epo wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 20:48
NathanOlder wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Dude, please stop. Leclerc went for the penalty move aka schwalbe, he lost, game over try again next time. Please do the same and stop trying.
Trying what? 8 can't change the decision, I know that. And I'm certainly not alone when it comes to people thinking max should have penalised. You shouldn't be able to run someone off the track when side by side. You cant even do that in nascar. But now its OK in F1
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

dans79 wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 20:53
NathanOlder wrote:
We will have to agree to disagree then, because the stewards have been allowing a defending driver to be squeezed out on turn exit for a while now, and i see nothing wrong with it.

The only time it ever gets a penalty is in one of the following cases.
  1. Driver on the inside isn't under full control of their car, and causes an incident. (Max on Vettel last year in china)
  2. Driver on the inside gives the defending driver no chance of making the turn (Nico on Max in Germany 2016)
So your saying max gave Leclerc chance to make the turn?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

dans79

sosic2121 wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 20:46
Nico's positioning of his car was response to max moving under breaking. After that it was impossible for Nico to make a corner and leave enough room for max.
At the time of 2016 German Grand Prix, the no moving under breaking rule wasn't in effect, and was thus allowed as long as it wasn't considered a blocking move. If memory serves the Max rule didn't go into effect until the United states Grand Prix or right after it.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37741994
197 104 103 7

dans79

NathanOlder wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 20:54
On the outside no, but based on the circumstances of the incident Charles had the option and more tan enough space and time to cut up the inside, but he chose to risk it around the outside, Hence the reason why it was deemed a racing incident.

Charles made the decision to go around the outside with full knowledge that a driver on the inside with a compromised line is always going to run wide on exit (as he himself did last year in Japan).

The Stewards specifically stated, 'We did not consider that either driver was wholly or predominantly to blame for the incident.', and this is why Max didn't get a penalty.
197 104 103 7

sAx
sAx

dans79 wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 21:31
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Jul 2019, 20:54
On the outside no, but based on the circumstances of the incident Charles had the option and more tan enough space and time to cut up the inside, but he chose to risk it around the outside, Hence the reason why it was deemed a racing incident.

Charles made the decision to go around the outside with full knowledge that a driver on the inside with a compromised line is always going to run wide on exit (as he himself did last year in Japan).

The Stewards specifically stated, 'We did not consider that either driver was wholly or predominantly to blame for the incident.', and this is why Max didn't get a penalty.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... AAZPo6.jpg
Max's on-board seems supportive of the Stewards decision:https://youtu.be/AgF-yYWmpOU?t=407
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

henry

That’s an extraordinary explanation. There was the same amount of space on that lap as there was on the previous lap. Max chose to consume the space which on the previous lap Charles had used. He did so even though Charles was already occupying that space.

I notice there is no reference to the wording of the cited regulations. I wonder why?
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

roon
roon