Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nzjrs

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Just_a_fan wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 19:52
nzjrs wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 19:31
dans79 wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 18:14
Sounds like it's just a one year deal, that leaves the door open for bringing up Russell in 2022, if he shows continued growth this year and next.
Is Toto still managing Bottas? Seems like he is being led to the slaughter a little...
Or maybe he realises that Mercedes is the only chance he has to win races and possibly a title. Sure, he's up against Hamilton, but anywhere else he'd be up against Hamilton plus Hamilton's team mate. Which is to say he has a chance as opposed to no chance.

Perhaps Bottas has just decided to enjoy a year's driving, take a few wins and if it goes better than that then "yay!", enjoy the champagne and bank the cheques. New girlfriend, bank account full of cash, go and enjoy life. After all, he's already lost a wife to F1: " because of the challenges my career and life situation bring".
Oh I agree with that completely, and he might do to, I just don't trust that Toto would have his interests at heart, if it comes down to a more acute conflict between Mercedes and Bottas (in future perhaps)

Pyrone89

Just_a_fan wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 19:53
Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 19:44

Real toys out of the prams moments, cannot remember it?
Kind of "toys out of the pram":
If you are not pissed AF after that you are no longer competing.

Toys out of the pram means whining with no base.
I think Max had a very good reason to be absolutely livid.

Remember a certain Senna giving Irvine a bump for merely unlapping himself (without crashing the leader like Ocon did).
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

dans79

Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 20:36

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/throw_on ... f_the_pram
To lose one's temper; to throw a tantrum.
Trying to start a fight after a race, sounds exactly like the first part. It's childish, and exactly why he got the equivalent of community service.

even when sim racing he can barely control himself.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1-ne ... mans-race/
Admittedly, it would be frustrating that Verstappen spent hours dominating, only for a technical snag to scupper his chances. A furious Max screamed into the stream, “What a --- joke this is. I’m in the pits, but the car is completely broken. rFactor can f**k off.”

Here is an article of some of his less than stellar moments.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... p-16900990
197 104 103 7

Pyrone89

dans79 wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 20:49
Pyrone89 wrote:

Trying to start a fight after a race, sounds exactly like the first part. It's childish, and exactly why he got the equivalent of community service.

Admittedly, it would be frustrating that Verstappen spent hours dominating, only for a technical snag to scupper his chances. A furious Max screamed into the stream, “What a --- joke this is. I’m in the pits, but the car is completely broken. rFactor can f**k off.”

We get it, you hate the guy. You guys are stooping lower and lower to channel your hate for him.
Please continue on explaining us how Hamilton is god and has won his titles against all odds in rusty barrels. :roll:

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Just_a_fan wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 17:45

The reality is that Mercedes don't care about spectacular battles or excitement. And they're honest enough to know that it is a "German car" in name only. Did they make more of Rosberg's [German] title than any of Hamilton's Mercedes-related titles?

I'm amazed that people still come out with this stuff - the team doesn't want the stuff that you or I might want. They just want to rack up wins. They don't want excitement because excitement is stressful and extremely risky for them. A bit of to-and-fro with another team is ok and they can handle that, but a season long battle between team mates is the worst thing for any team because of the risk of DNFs, the damage to intra-team relationships and morale.
*cough cough*
Wolff: Vettel at Mercedes ‘good marketing’

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says it would be a good marketing opportunity to have four-time champ Sebastian Vettel at the team.

Wolff hasn’t ruled out approaching Vettel, believing having the superstar German driver at the German Mercedes team would be good marketing.

“Of course a German driver in a German car is a good marketing story,” he told Austrian broadcaster ORF.
“At Mercedes, however, we are purely focused on success, but Sebastian is of course someone who is really good.”

Toto Wolff says Mercedes interest in Sebastian Vettel not lip service

Toto Wolff said Mercedes "owe it" to Sebastian Vettel to consider the four-time Formula One world champion if they have a seat to fill next season.

Silver Arrows duo Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas are only contracted until December, although talks with the defending champion are expected to be held once the season starts and the Finn is also tipped to stay on.

Mercedes boss Wolff said it would be remiss of the constructors champions to dismiss the prospect of signing Vettel, however, citing Nico Rosberg's sudden retirement in 2016 as proof that anything can happen.

He said: "It's not lip service, but we owe it to a four-time champion not to come out and say straight away, 'No'. You need to think about it.

"On the other side, we have a fantastic line-up and I've very happy with both our pilots and George [Russell], but you never know. One of them may decide he doesn't want to go racing anymore and suddenly you have a vacant spot.

"This is why I don't want to come out in June and say, 'No chance, Sebastian is not racing for us'.

"I wouldn't do it to him as a driver, to be that blunt, and on the otherwise side, I've seen black swans appearing when nobody suspected - remember Nico Rosberg.

but hey i'm sure you know better than Toto himself.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 13 Jul 2020, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

epo
epo

dans79 wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

We can also post all your negative thought about him, but why as no-one would be interesting. We respect you like other drivers so leave the guy alone. He wants to win and not loose, called winner mentality nothing wrong with it.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Pyrone89 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

Remember a certain Senna giving Irvine a bump for merely unlapping himself (without crashing the leader like Ocon did).
100% Max's fault, OCO has every right to unlap himself without Max turning into him.

holeindalip
holeindalip

Pyrone89 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

But the back marker didn’t take the leader out, Max was simply racing a faster car he had no business racing in the first place....

Gerhardsa

Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 20:53
dans79 wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

We get it, you hate the guy. You guys are stooping lower and lower to channel your hate for him.
Please continue on explaining us how Hamilton is god and has won his titles against all odds in rusty barrels. :roll:
This is a bit of a joke really. (apart from being way off topic)

Nobody hates Verstappen. You said you cant recall him throwing toys out of the prem, so everyone's just "refreshing" your memory.

As for Lewis Hamilton being a god...again thats just silly. Nobody said that. BUT...come on dont kid yourself man.

Hamilton, apart from being an exceptional talent like we might not see for a long time) owning everyone else on the grid for the last couple of years, has made superb decisions during his whole career. When we switched teams (like Schumacher did), he surrounded himself with exceptional people and team members all working towards the same focused goal, which puts him exactly where he should be (and is) now, on top of any other driver with just about all the records that ever existed in his pocket. The best for probably the last 14 years? Without a shadow of a doubt..I dont think anyone can argue with that (apart from maybe you.)

Okay, this all has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, so I guess the mods can rip the mudslinging
LOL

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 21:40
Gerhardsa wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 21:29
Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 20:53

This is a bit of a joke really. (apart from being way off topic)

Nobody hates Verstappen. You said you cant recall him throwing toys out of the prem, so everyone's just "refreshing" your memory.

As for Lewis Hamilton being a god...again thats just silly. Nobody said that. BUT...come on dont kid yourself man.

Hamilton, apart from being an exceptional talent like we might not see for a long time) owning everyone else on the grid for the last couple of years, has made superb decisions during his whole career. When we switched teams (like Schumacher did), he surrounded himself with exceptional people and team members all working towards the same focused goal, which puts him exactly where he should be (and is) now, on top of any other driver with just about all the records that ever existed in his pocket. The best for probably the last 14 years? Without a shadow of a doubt..I dont think anyone can argue with that (apart from maybe you.)

Okay, this all has nothing to do with the topic of the thread, so I guess the mods can rip the mudslinging
LOL
Hamilton being some kind of devine being is basically the tenure on this forum by 4 or 5 individuals since Saturday afternoon.
1.216s😉😉😉😜😜😜😜

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 21:01

but hey i'm sure you know better than Toto himself.
As he says - it's a good marketing story but they are focused on results.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Pyrone89

How about Russell to Racing Point instead of Perez in return for a discount on engines from Mercedes. Or are Mercedes really gonna throw Russell straight from the worst team (Williams) for years to the best team (Mercedes) for years at once in the future?

PlatinumZealot

Why would a great driver like Perez be dumped?
He is at home in the team. Very comfrotable. Brings strong sponsorship. He's one the fastest guys in the race. Why get rid of him?

Russel is Williams to Mercedes. There is no need for another gap team. Williams just need to get it right.

Bottas now. His only Hope at Mercedes is for Hamilton to retire and hope whoever replaces HAM is slower than Bottas himself. Otherwise... He'll be there just collecting the odd win and a paycheck till the owners get tired of him.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 14 Jul 2020, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Pyrone89

PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 00:24
He is at home in the team. Very comfrotable. Brings strong sponsorship. He's one the fastest guys in the race. Why get rid of him?
Id rather dump Stroll to bring in Russell, but when I look athe RP team owners name I doubt that will happen

dans79

PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 00:24
I could see him trying to get a seat at Red Bull, if Albon is dropped. He's only had one year in a top tier team. Though that year McLaren had just begun to free fall back down the grid.
197 104 103 7