Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
adrianjordan

Re: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

El Scorchio wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 14:05
Racer X wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 11:28
Yeah Mercedes will need to bring in George soon. Specially the better Perez does it will force George to be moved up.

Because Bottas shouldn't be coming in 3rd he should be coming in 2nd. Just like Albon was supposed to be in 4th place.
Bottas did come second.
I think the implication was that Bottas will struggle more in 2021 as Red Bull could put up more of a challenge and Perez might be in the mix more.

Of course the opposite could also be true. I mean Lewis is going to struggle to fit his suit of armour in the car for starters....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

(Cos he's a Knight)
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Big Tea

adrianjordan wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 23:50
El Scorchio wrote:
Racer X wrote:
Yeah Mercedes will need to bring in George soon. Specially the better Perez does it will force George to be moved up.

Because Bottas shouldn't be coming in 3rd he should be coming in 2nd. Just like Albon was supposed to be in 4th place.
Bottas did come second.
I think the implication was that Bottas will struggle more in 2021 as Red Bull could put up more of a challenge and Perez might be in the mix more.

Of course the opposite could also be true. I mean Lewis is going to struggle to fit his suit of armour in the car for starters....
I took it to mean in races not in the championship. ??

For instance Merc want Ham first, Bot second to gain as many points for the team as pos and deny driver and team points to anyone else

Red Bull accept the Merc is likely to be the quickest car, so if Max is in second or third, Albon should bi in 4th to cover pit options and gain if one of the top 3 DNF?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Racer X

El Scorchio wrote:
Racer X wrote:

Bottas did come second.

Consistently... :D
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Racer X wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 08:36
El Scorchio wrote:
Racer X wrote:

Bottas did come second.

I doubt they will bring Russel while Hamilton in the team. He won't allow it to happen because he don't want the repeat of Alonso Vs Ham again.

Hamilton still saying that he beats(equal actual) two time champion Alonso in his first year with Meclaren. Just think about if Russel beat him(7 Time champion) in Mercedes how Hamilton feel? So, it won't happen till Hamilton there in Mercedes.

watch youtube video Hamilton and Max on Feraando AbuDhapi Gp post qualifying press conference.

Jolle
Jolle

selvam_e2002 wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 13:41
Racer X wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:

Bottas did come second.

I doubt they will bring Russel while Hamilton in the team. He won't allow it to happen because he don't want the repeat of Alonso Vs Ham again.

Hamilton still saying that he beats(equal actual) two time champion Alonso in his first year with Meclaren. Just think about if Russel beat him(7 Time champion) in Mercedes how Hamilton feel? So, it won't happen till Hamilton there in Mercedes.

watch youtube video Hamilton and Max on Feraando AbuDhapi Gp post qualifying press conference.
Big difference is that Hamilton isn’t Alonso and Russell isn’t Hamilton. Everything points at a Hamilton-Russell pairing for 2022, also known as the transfer of power. It’s more like Lauda-Prost.

Also, it’s McLaren, Russell, Fernando and Abu Dhabi.

Big Tea

Jolle wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 13:59
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Racer X wrote:

Big difference is that Hamilton isn’t Alonso and Russell isn’t Hamilton. Everything points at a Hamilton-Russell pairing for 2022, also known as the transfer of power. It’s more like Lauda-Prost.

It would look good for Merc if their prodigy was pushing Hamilton hard. I think win win for merc.
Hamilton is very matured now so I can not see it becoming nasty, especially with toto keeping an eye on things
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Jolle wrote:
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Racer X wrote:

Big difference in age and maturity in the comparisons. Alonso was still young - the youngest World Champion at the time let's not forget. He and Hamilton were close in age and Alonso still saw a long bright future ahead of him. He wasn't happy to have such a quick team mate eclipsing him. Hamilton at that age would also have been unhappy in such a situation.

I very much doubt that an Alonso of today, just like a Hamilton of today, would react to a fast young team mate in the same way. They'd be much more phlegmatic than either would have been 13 years ago. More likely to publicly joke about it being time to retire and leave it to youngster, even if they'd be feeling it inwardly.

With age comes acceptance.

But Russell would definitely push Hamilton. I'd like to see it, hopefully in 2022.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Jolle
Jolle

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 14:59
Jolle wrote:
selvam_e2002 wrote:

Big difference in age and maturity in the comparisons. Alonso was still young - the youngest World Champion at the time let's not forget. He and Hamilton were close in age and Alonso still saw a long bright future ahead of him. He wasn't happy to have such a quick team mate eclipsing him. Hamilton at that age would also have been unhappy in such a situation.

I very much doubt that an Alonso of today, just like a Hamilton of today, would react to a fast young team mate in the same way. They'd be much more phlegmatic than either would have been 13 years ago. More likely to publicly joke about it being time to retire and leave it to youngster, even if they'd be feeling it inwardly.

With age comes acceptance.

But Russell would definitely push Hamilton. I'd like to see it, hopefully in 2022.
Alonso and Hamilton both have a very different way they work. Hamilton works from himself outward, his loop of self improvement always starts and ends there, connecting with the team around him. The other side of the garage is “just” one of the competitors. Alonso work much more in making sure that the whole team, including the other side of the garage is in line with his goal. Anybody that isn’t, is his enemy.
It will be very interesting next year with Ocon and the way Cyril aligned the team.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

I am not against Ham Vs Russel in Mercedes. I would love to see Russel in Mercedes along with Hamilton. But I still doubt Hamilton would allow it. We have to wait and see for Ham contract details to understand the situation.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

selvam_e2002 wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 16:29
I am not against Ham Vs Russel in Mercedes. I would love to see Russel in Mercedes along with Hamilton. But I still doubt Hamilton would allow it. We have to wait and see for Ham contract details to understand the situation.
I don't see why Hamilton would stop it, even assuming he has any say in the hiring/firing which I doubt.

He's always been vocal about being happy to race anyone. He'd look very foolish if shown to have tried to keep Russell out.

Most likely, it seems to me, is Hamilton signing for 2021 and 2022 with Russell arriving in 2022. Hamilton then retiring at the end of 2022 having said so at the start of the season. Mercedes then bringing in a driver to replace Hamilton with Russell comfortable in the team after a year with them.

Or Russell beats Hamilton in 2022 and Hamilton extends by a year to ensure he beats Russell before retiring. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Jolle
Jolle

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 16:44
selvam_e2002 wrote:
I don't see why Hamilton would stop it, even assuming he has any say in the hiring/firing which I doubt.

He's always been vocal about being happy to race anyone. He'd look very foolish if shown to have tried to keep Russell out.

Most likely, it seems to me, is Hamilton signing for 2021 and 2022 with Russell arriving in 2022. Hamilton then retiring at the end of 2022 having said so at the start of the season. Mercedes then bringing in a driver to replace Hamilton with Russell comfortable in the team after a year with them.

Or Russell beats Hamilton in 2022 and Hamilton extends by a year to ensure he beats Russell before retiring. :lol:
Besides that, with the current world champions all close or past their retirement age, both the FIA and Liberty want to prevent to have a season start without a valid world champion. In the grand scheme of entertainment, Hamilton must be beaten at some point before he can call it quits.

NathanOlder

Jolle wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 16:54
Just_a_fan wrote:
selvam_e2002 wrote:

Besides that, with the current world champions all close or past their retirement age, both the FIA and Liberty want to prevent to have a season start without a valid world champion. In the grand scheme of entertainment, Hamilton must be beaten at some point before he can call it quits.
If it did happen though, no champions on the grid, I think Liberty could make a big thing of it , battle of the next generation to take the crown! I think that would appeal to a lot of younger fans. So I dont think it wouldnt be the end of the world.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Jolle
Jolle

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 17:21
Jolle wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 16:54
Just_a_fan wrote:

If it did happen though, no champions on the grid, I think Liberty could make a big thing of it , battle of the next generation to take the crown! I think that would appeal to a lot of younger fans. So I dont think it wouldnt be the end of the world.
better be safe then sorry. 2005/2006 were exactly how it should work, 1994 was a big mess.

PlatinumZealot

selvam_e2002 wrote:
He allowed Button. In fact HAM was too welcoming with Button.
He will allow RUS but he will be more in charge of the team at that point.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN