US GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1.redbaron

flynfrog wrote:we will be sitting on the northwest vista pretty good spot and cheap too depends on what you want to see the cars at full song sit along the front strech cars out braking eachother sit at the end of it there realy isnt a bad seat in the whole place. If you are there on friday or saterday go to the infeild and sit in the grass and walk around. Also a ferrari club parks all of there cars accros the street

i still have another ticket first person to hand me some money can have it

if you need to fly in ill pick you up at the airport

the deck is the lower level the platform is the second teir of stands or vis versa i cant rember this early in the morning (was at a dirt track race all night)
Thanks, but I needed more than an extra ticket. Anyways, yesterday I placed an order with the IMS.

A few questions, if you don't mind:

1. What is the traffic like at the end of the race. Is it a chaos or is it well organized? I know that in Montreal, pretty much the only way to come in/out is via subway, and they always organize things well. Actually, on Sunday, I was on the farthest part of the track, and it didn't take me that long to get out - and that goes for both the track and Montreal

2. Because I placed a later order, my tickets will be waiting for me at one of the booths? Do you have any ideas whether it is normally crowded, and if so, how bad is it?

3. I might be able to get somebody do drive me to the track, and I was wondering whether it would make any sense to have that person drop us off. If so, what is the best place for a drop-off/pick-up?

flynfrog

the traffic is not bad remeber this town is built around a race track you can usaly park with in a few blocks of the track on a side street

ive always got my tickets in advance so i cant comment on how long it will take but with the extra events the crowd should not be to bad

I would drive to the track because trying to fight traffic and find some one to pickup is going to be pretty difficult if you do get dropped off you can pull rigt up to the gate im not sure what street is though i can check on friday when i get there

fwa2500

ill be there again for qualifying and the race.....look for me on the outside of turn 7 on race day, ill probly be walking around durring quali.....ill be wearing a yellow Club America jersey and a Ferrari hat (the only F1 thing i own that i can wear, lol).....
heres what to look for:
mines slightly different, but basically identical.....

look foward to seeing some of you guys there! 8)

Jason

I'm sitting somewhere in the grand stands at the main straight. :wink:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

flynfrog

fwa2500 wrote:ill be there again for qualifying and the race.....look for me on the outside of turn 7 on race day, ill probly be walking around durring quali.....ill be wearing a yellow Club America jersey and a Ferrari hat (the only F1 thing i own that i can wear, lol).....
heres what to look for:
mines slightly different, but basically identical.....

look foward to seeing some of you guys there! 8)
i bet you will be the only one wearin a ferrari hat there :P

I sit in the north west vista into the curves after the front strech

Ciro Pabón

Tom is right: I wonder how it would be for F1 cars to run around the oval... have them raced the oval at any race?
fwa2500 wrote:ill be there again for qualifying and the race.....look for me on the outside of turn 7 on race day, ill probly be walking around durring quali.....
flynfrog wrote:I sit in the north west vista into the curves after the front strech
f1.redbaron - fwa2500 - flynfrog: Good luck. Do not worry, enjoy, many of us would take the densest traffic jam and the longest ticket queue to be with you.

May I suggest to carry a really big sign that reads "F1Technical.net IS the new Jhon 3:16"? :wink:
Ciro

flynfrog

Ciro Pabón wrote:Tom is right: I wonder how it would be for F1 cars to run around the oval... have them raced the oval at any race?
fwa2500 wrote:ill be there again for qualifying and the race.....look for me on the outside of turn 7 on race day, ill probly be walking around durring quali.....
flynfrog wrote:I sit in the north west vista into the curves after the front strech
f1.redbaron - fwa2500 - flynfrog: Good luck. Do not worry, enjoy, many of us would take the densest traffic jam and the longest ticket queue to be with you.

May I suggest to carry a really big sign that reads "F1Technical.net IS the new Jhon 3:16"? :wink:

i would almost bet on the INDY car winning the oval race they are nt realy down on power a little heavy but they can run 100% throttle for 500 miles id like to see an f1 engine do that

back in the good old days there was realy no differnce between an indy car and an f1 it was pretty common to race an f1 car at the 500 (there was no series) an a 500 car in an f1 race

also the rule book was pretty much wide open to me this is the golden era of racing you had turbines disels chevy bus motors with turbos offys

guys were lined up outside the gate hopping to get a chance to qualify and see if they had what it takes to run the full 500 :)

kinda makes you feel all warm inside now money has ruined the sport its pretty hard to build a car in your garage and try to win the 500 with

Tom

Indy cars run on special fuel though (Can't remember what it is but it burns an invisable flame) and they are built aerodynamically to save the driver at the speeds they crash at and help them get round the ovals as fast as possible. They also use full slicks so no wonder they are faster.

Jimmy Clark took a modified Lotus 25 to Indy a few times and even missed the Monaco GP to win it for the first time in 1965, along with the F1 World Championship.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

flynfrog

Tom wrote:Indy cars run on special fuel though (Can't remember what it is but it burns an invisable flame) and they are built aerodynamically to save the driver at the speeds they crash at and help them get round the ovals as fast as possible. They also use full slicks so no wonder they are faster.

Jimmy Clark took a modified Lotus 25 to Indy a few times and even missed the Monaco GP to win it for the first time in 1965, along with the F1 World Championship.
they burn methanol soon to be entanol i think

by same token an indy car wont acclerate as fast as a fomula car but id love to see rules so that the cars could run together imagine the indy turnout :drool:

the super agris might have a shot then if they only have to turn one direction :lol:

Sodder
Sodder

Look for a guy with a mohawk. That'll be me.

Pics coming later on tonight.
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

jaslfc
jaslfc

they should try make the calendar such that f1 and indy 500 dont clash on the same weekend and should encourage f1 drivers to participate. DC MS and kimi and alonso should try

sisu1618
sisu1618

I am soooo excited!!! Despite what happened at the 2005 USGP it was my first one and I fell in love with the sport all over again. Tomorrow I leave at 0600 and am hopfully going to make the first practice session. The sound of those engines just melted me away last year and it helped me decide to major in aeronautical engineering in hopes of someday working in Formula 1.

I will be sitting right at the apex (possibly a few 20 meters after) Turn 13 and the seats are a spectacular view of the racecars approaching Turn 13, entering and exiting Turn 13 and then rocketing the home stretch.

As for alternate courses, my uncle was discussing this with his father-in-law and mentioned a course up north above Illinois (I am guessing Wisconsin) and it sounded pretty prestiegious. Any guesses on what course this is? If I see the name I might remember what it was.

manchild
manchild

Ciro Pabón wrote: I wonder how it would be for F1 cars to run around the oval... have them raced the oval at any race?
Indianapolis (Indiana)
Formula One Races: 16
Years Held: 1950-60, 2000-05
Track Length: (1950-60) – 2.5 miles/4.023 km; (2000-04) – 2.605 miles/4.192 km
Type of Track: Permanent Oval (Indianapolis Motor Speedway) (1950-60) Road Course using part of oval (2000-05)
Note: World Championship points were awarded at the Indianapolis 500 from 1950-60.

:wink:

vyselegend

Up to now we've had the worst coverage ever seen. During friday practice we had the re-run of a footbal match on eurosport, and then an emission on footbal :roll: Damn I hate footbal. :cry: And today there was no practice as well because of the tour de France ](*,)
Why did they buy the rights of the sport?! To look at it alone, and prevent anyone to see it? I think they should be sued for that. When you buy the rights to air a sport, you HAVE TO show it to people, that's an obligation.

fwa2500

just got back from qualifying a little while ago, and man was that good : i was up in the stands by T13 during quali today and i must say, this is a HUGE improvement over last years format......and its fun to watch ;) (did you see the start of the last period??!?!! :P man was that nuts!)

congrats to Ferrari for an all red front row!!!

anyone else there?

(i have a couple short video clips ill upload somewhere eventually....along with several pics that need to be cropped)

really looking foward to tomorrow :D we are leaving really early so we can get a parking spot closer than 2 miles away this time, so i probly need to get to bed.....hope to see someone there tomorrow

oh, i also got two free tyres......they had a huge stack of used race tyres from the formula BMW's with a sign "Take Me Home - FREE TYRES" on it....i took the first one, an almost new looking slick....and then feeling selfish, i went back and grabbed another later on, the last one....a rather spent looking wet tyre..........now i just need to figure out what the hell im going to do with two used non-matching Michelin racing tyres...... :x :roll: :lol:

(off topic: NOOOOO!!!!! how can Brazil loose to France??!!?!! there goes my vision of an epic Brazil-Germany final..... :cry: )