Fisi to stay an extra year

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
saam
saam

FISICO is a great driver and always had been, if he wasnt he wouldnt be driving for the blue team. And no two cars are ever alike even on the same team. so you cant compare drivers as easy as some forum members do !!!

Alonso is new to this game and still has alot to prove, so far so good from him.

Fisico still deserves the right to drive...
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

manchild
manchild

If Fisichella is "great driver" what is Alonso than? :?

Alonso proved everything from constancy and dedication to results and maturity even though he is so young (I haven't seen any of that from Fisichella).

Story about car being built for Alonso is one season old excuse. That was his excuse for 2005 and since he was developing R26 together with Alonso that simply can't be taken seriously.

I'm sure that R27 won't be changed significantly especially not because Renault won't design car to fit driver that is leaving the team soon and hasn't shown pace yet. R27 will resemble on R26 much more than R26 resembles on R25. Data acquired about the car from worse driver lead to development of worse car.

wowf1
wowf1

saam; ok some days the Renault may have suited Alonso more than it did GF. Likewise, I'm sure the car suited GF more than it did Alonso on occasions.

The difference between the two drivers is that Alonso ups his game to an incredible level when his car is fighting him. GF on the other hand, goes to get his big hanky and has a big cry with the media. Sort it out mate!

Steven
Owner

wowf1 wrote:The difference between the two drivers is that Alonso ups his game to an incredible level when his car is fighting him. GF on the other hand, goes to get his big hanky and has a big cry with the media. Sort it out mate!
I have to agree on that one. I'm sure Fisichella is a good driver and has had some bad luck. There are on the other hand some things that appear strange, as him suffering more technical problems (maybe he's harder on the car), and like in Silverstone when he didn't know his engineers lowered the car. It messed up his setup which is why he was so much slower than Fernando.

While Fisico is good, Fernando is truly excellent. He already proved that!

PS: Did I already say I don't like flaming one to another? :roll:

manchild
manchild

Amazing statistic I took from Renault blog...
2005 and 2006 (27 races)

Fernando 12 victories, 23 podiums

Giancarlo 2 victories, 5 podiums
:shock:

saam
saam

Have a look at this, all of a sudden the statistic books comes out... :lol:

when it looks like this 7 times world champ.....then come talk to me :shock:
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

Tom

Manchilds point is that Alonso can not only win the odd race but he is also increadably consistent. In two years hes probably got near as many podiums as Fisi in his whole career. Don't start bringing MS into this unless you want another 25 page thread about how he didn't/did too deserve those 7 champs.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

Don't worry. I've never denied Schuey's statistics only the way statictcs was achieved. He has 7 titles, most wins etc. That is out of the question :wink:

EKE
EKE

How can anyone try to say GF is better than FA?
Really. Come on! Words almost fail me.
I used to rate Fisi but Fernando has blown him out of the water! If Fisi is leading the Renault charge I don't expect anything from them. He'll never get the job done as he lacks the killer instinct and maybe the skill to set the car up and tell the engineers what they need to know.
Alonso may even get that bit extra out of the McLaren. Thats the difference of a front runner and and a nice guy.
If its too loud, you're too old

mini696

Maybe this is proof that Briatore KNOWS Fissi's results have been compromised by the team in previous races. It is quite obvious that he is usually given the 2nd best pit strategy.

jaslfc
jaslfc

All i know is briatore is very smart and experience.... so lets give him the benefit of the doubt .. and see if fisi will step up to the challenge

Tom

Renault must be congratulated however for making the right move with Alonso in the first place. They are the only team in the last decade that i can think of to take an old struggling team and actually turn it into a winner (thinking of Jag, Prost etc). Addmittedly the fact that several years before they had ran their engine in the Benneton car and therefore were very familiar with the team was a huge boost but really what made them great was Fernando. Even with Flav on board they would not be winning races without their Spannish super-star.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Crabbia
Crabbia

The only other reason i can think of (besides the management fees you guys have mentioned) is that briatore would want to keep fisi is for continuity.
It sounds a little flaky I'll admit but other teams in the past have got hit hard by it, example Mclaren and the destabitlity that followed after hakkinen left.

I dont buy the whole 'car designed around alonso' thing either. this year it may be true but last year i think they would've been given level equipment since they couldn't really gamble on a then un-proven Alonso.
maybe he was just lucky to have a car that suited his driving style more than Fisi but i can see that either, atleast not in the long run. my thinking is looking at Honda the early part of this year. in the begining button was handing Barri his ass on the track. Now, Rubino sems to have settled into the car and the tables have turned.

thinking of barri brings me to my next point. we all think second drivers are crap. It happened to rubino cuase he was consistently off MS's pace.
I thought that button at the very least, in equal equipment, would school him but it definitely hasn't been that way. i'm sdaying maybe it isn't that GF is slow, maybe FA is just really quick.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

blue

well that'sgoodfor fisi staying at renault.
iceman

Scuderia_Russ

Tom wrote:Renault must be congratulated however for making the right move with Alonso in the first place. They are the only team in the last decade that i can think of to take an old struggling team and actually turn it into a winner.
It's an amzing feat Tom (I was only thinking this myself the other day) Even as recently as 2000/2001 they qualified 21st and 22nd for one G.P. (booze damaged brain can't remember which G.P.)
Crabbia wrote:The only other reason i can think of (besides the management fees you guys have mentioned) is that briatore would want to keep fisi is for continuity..
Continuity might very well be a valid reason but if I was working in the Renault pit, and taking into account the speed difference that we know exists between the two (none of the "well, Fissi has had all the unreliability" this year don't forget) morale will suffer when he brings the car home third, fourth or fith when they know for a fact that Alonso is nine times out of ten likely to bring the same car home a few places in front of him.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-