McLaren is F1's biggest spender

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Crabbia
Crabbia

Tom wrote: Williams were in the --- the moment they loost the Renault power despite keeping the Winfeild logo for a year.
True but they couldn't and havent come back since.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Tom

DRank a Red Bull and ate an apple, and suddenly I'm not so tired anymore. Ate lunch
It was probably the apple then. Trust me, to get your energy up go for a run.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

West
West

You're probably right; I tried a Red Bull again today and it didn't really do sh*t. Maybe it was a synergistic effect.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

johny

:lol: you need to drink it with wisky! it really turns you on (also you get so so drunk :D ). Drinking it to keep awake isn't very reccomendable, you can't sleep if you drink 2 or 3 but you'll be really tired indeed so i just use it with wisky

West
West

I used to pound Red Bull and Vodkas at happy hour at D&B... never tried it with whiskey. Probably should over the weekend.

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

Why spoil good whisky with something what tastes so terrible? :roll: :wink:

Sawtooth-spike

At uni somebody somebody bet me that i could not drink only redbull for a whole day.

after about the 5th can i started to see things, no really i did, its was very odd, had a great night out was really peped up. However the next day i slept all day.

I am really suprised that none of the vodka companys are sponsors of the redbull team.

by the way best thing to mix with red bull is Absinth.... that sorts the men from the boys.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

by the way best thing to mix with red bull is Absinth
The same as for whisky. :lol: :twisted:
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis

sebbe
sebbe

McLaren is not the biggest spender

I really don´t think McLaren is the biggest spender. We have to remember that even when Ron hasn´t attacked Bernie (and vice versa) they hate each other, and that was made very clear when McLaren lost its seat in the Council(?).
Most of my friends agree with my (and they are not McLaren fans) when I say that Renault is the biggest spender if we count the last ten years.
McLaren has always been the second biggest spender, but not the wisest spender, and I say that with a bitter taste in my mouth.
Do you agree with me?
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

Ted68

Hey, somebody gave me a bottle of Absinth and told me to be careful. Also told me it's illegal here in the states. Now Sawtooth says it separates the men from the boys, and I'm sure he knows what he's talking about. What is this stuff, and why is it so legendary? I'm saving it for my Fourth of July party. Should I indulge now?

West
West

It's not illegal anymore. I think there's a certain percentage requirement. Supposedly you're supposed to see fairies and stuff when u drink it...

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

The most dangerous thing in Absinth would be alcohol (percentage of modern Absinth is about 70 %. In nineteenth century it could be about 90%, but they drank it mixed with water). The second famous content of Absinth is thujon - that is supposedly the substance that makes you see Green Fairies :wink:. But it was never made clear if it is really so.
Soldiers of Napoleonic armies first drank absinth to avoid infections, and they brouhgt the habit back home. It was the favourite drink of decadent writers and poets and the likes of Aleister Crowley.

If you never tried it, prepare for a very bitter taste. You probably won't like it. :) But the more you drink, the better it tastes. :lol:

My advice> If you really want to drink it, do it slowly and drink some water too. If you don't like the taste, it is OK to add a sugar cube into it.

Whether it sorts the men from boys, I don't know. But you can have a lot of fun offering it to your unsuspecting friends. :wink:

johny

Absinth and Mclaren ?? this is a bit offtopic, maybe mclaren spends millions in Absinth but who knows :lol:

that drink is really disgusting, i preffer drinking whisky + coke, it tastes good and you get really drunk

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

Absinth and Mclaren ?? this is a bit offtopic, maybe mclaren spends millions in Absinth but who knows
Well, that would explain a lot. :lol:

If you are lucky to get a good absinth, it is not disgusting, just bitter. :wink:
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis