Moto GP incident

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
manchild
manchild

Moto GP incident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSCxAD8axQU

Capirossi, Gilbernau and Melandri badly hurt

When did this happen, yesterday?

johny

in was on sunday in catalunya, very hard crash

manchild
manchild

I thought Sunday weh I wrote "yesterday" but didn't realise that today is Tueseday :oops:

Steven
Owner

World championship leader Capirossi and home rider Gibernau were taken to hospital for more detailed checks - Capirossi by helicopter, Gibernau by ambulance.

Capirossi underwent scans to his chest - to check that he hadn't aggravated internal injuries sustained during last October's Australian GP - and also to his abdomen, which was badly bruised. None of the scans gave any cause for concern, although Capirossi will remain in hospital overnight for observation.

But Gibernau was less lucky: He will need an operation to fix a minor fracture to his left collarbone - during which surgeons will replace a plate inserted after an earlier accident with a larger plate, but will wait 24 hours due to his concussion. Gibernau didn't lose consciousness after the 195kph/121mph accident and was pronounced okay following a brain scan.

johny

also gibernau ambulance had a little crash in the way to the hospital

RH1300S
RH1300S

Nasty - looks like the cartwheeling bike probably had his front brake lever snagged by the one on his right...........scary. Had that happen in MX, not nice at 30mph!

johny

capirex knee touched gibernau front brake

mini696

I'm supprised it hasnt happened before (snagging front brake on other riders).

It was a sickening crash, I saw it live. The dude who flipped was actually using his head to raise his arm off the ground as he rolled... His helmet and suit were a complete mess.

Even worse was seeing the two riders grinding through the gravel unconsious...

Horrible crash.