[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

All car manufacturers are experiencing big declines in car sales some are struggling like Renault and Merc cutting back staffs.The big ones would be offered a bailout the small ones remain to be seen .Even other companies in different sectors are filling for bankruptcys covid have left a lot of carnage.

adrianjordan

djos wrote:
26 May 2020, 11:39
Personal grudge? Are you kidding, he’s relayed actual customer experiences, that’s not a grudge!

He loves the cars, he did a whole month of videos on their cars! He calls a spade a spade and I guess some fans of brands can’t tolerate honesty!
Is he relaying good experiences as well as bad?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

nacho
nacho

To be honest the talk of the French minister is about prepping the citizens for that loan. Before last year Renault has usually made billions in profit per year and also concerning future they got really early on the EV wagon.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

adrianjordan wrote:
26 May 2020, 01:13
saviour stivala wrote:
24 May 2020, 19:39
Google and read ‘Could Mclaren and Aston Martin be facing financial trouble?’. By Dhruv George may 23 2020.
Yep. That's the one. Pure speculation based on very few actual facts.
google motorsport.com. formula 1/breaking news by Jonathan Noble May 26. 2020. 1:34pm.

djos

McG wrote:
26 May 2020, 15:41
Clickbait nonsense by yet another YouTube idiot riding on the wave of the pandemic. Perpetuated by simps like you.
Rubbish, this is what he said a year ago:

"In downforce we trust"

djos

adrianjordan wrote:
26 May 2020, 18:44
djos wrote:
26 May 2020, 11:39
Personal grudge? Are you kidding, he’s relayed actual customer experiences, that’s not a grudge!

He loves the cars, he did a whole month of videos on their cars! He calls a spade a spade and I guess some fans of brands can’t tolerate honesty!
Is he relaying good experiences as well as bad?
Yes, watch his videos.
"In downforce we trust"

_cerber1

RonDennis
RonDennis

McLaren's shareholders probably feel the pressure of the low oil prices which will be costing them a lot of dollars. The automotive division is also in dire need of some proper management revamp because it's a mess. If you want to read something about the work enviroment over there I highly suggest you take a look at the reviews on Glassdoor, they are horrible. I'm sure Ron is already on the phone with his Chinese friends.

mclaren111

RonDennis wrote:
27 May 2020, 14:05
McLaren's shareholders probably feel the pressure of the low oil prices which will be costing them a lot of dollars. The automotive division is also in dire need of some proper management revamp because it's a mess. If you want to read something about the work enviroment over there I highly suggest you take a look at the reviews on Glassdoor, they are horrible. I'm sure Ron is already on the phone with his Chinese friends.

Keep those Chinese Communists very far away...

bauc

Mclaren will pull trough, I'm expecting British government to aid car manufactures in England and UK the same the French is doing
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

godlameroso

When you consider the speed, and performance you get from your average McLaren 570s with good tires, and then consider that you can drive the car to the track then back home, the price starts to make sense. That they are not as reliable as a stock Honda is understandable, but if you get a Honda to perform like a McLaren, you will NOT have a reliable car period.
Saishū kōnā

bill shoe
bill shoe

Agree with godlameroso's last post, but on the other hand you can generally take a high-end Porsche to a track day, drive it crazy fast, and drive it home without all the consistent reliability problems that McLaren has.

I'm told the Dallas and Houston McLaren dealers in my home state of Texas have oodles of inventory sitting around, way more than you'd expect from a high-end supercar company. McLaren management appears to have failed to consider (or act on?) the importance of keeping your product a bit scarce. This is critical to long term success due to residuals, exactly as Jay Emm says. I've joined a local Ferrari club for occasional F1 watch parties, and I assure you they are much more interested in Ferrari's build rate than anything else, precisely due to the direct relationship to residuals. If you overlook this issue then you can keep pushing new cars out the door for a while and keep the party going before the residuals issue really catches up to you. Seems like that's exactly what happened at McLaren, and seems like it was a large and inevitable problem that was eventually going to bite them hard regardless of the Corona Virus. The virus may end up being a convenient and well-timed reality check for the previous unsustainable business model.

Hope the future goes well for McLaren, both the F1 team and the road car division. The world is a more fun and interesting place with them in it.

djos

godlameroso wrote:
27 May 2020, 19:39
When you consider the speed, and performance you get from your average McLaren 570s with good tires, and then consider that you can drive the car to the track then back home, the price starts to make sense. That they are not as reliable as a stock Honda is understandable, but if you get a Honda to perform like a McLaren, you will NOT have a reliable car period.
There’s one big problem with that scenario, if you drive your car to the track and it isn’t a Maclaren run event, you void your warranty.
"In downforce we trust"

McG

It's the same as anything on the internet... More people come on to complain than to praise, and clickbait negativity gets more views.

Stop perpetuating the someone else's agenda and you'll be ridiculed far less.
F1 is dead.

djos

McG wrote:
28 May 2020, 00:12
It's the same as anything on the internet... More people come on to complain than to praise, and clickbait negativity gets more views.

Stop perpetuating the someone else's agenda and you'll be ridiculed far less.
Sorry, but some of us are realists as well as fans of Mclaren F1 and Mclaren cars - you, on the other hand, have constructed yourself a pair of DIY Mclaren blinkers so you can avoid seeing reality! #-o

PS, just to clarify my above post, unlike say Porche, if you want to track your Mclaren (unless tracked at McLaren-sponsored events) you must book your car in for pre and post track inspection, or your warranty is voided. However the extended warranty sold thru Mclaren specifically states that any problems that arise from a track event that is not a "Mclaren sanctioned event" are not covered.

You can read more about it on Mclaren's own forums: https://www.mclarenlife.com/threads/mcl ... car.94345/
"In downforce we trust"