[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NiyolHuayra
NiyolHuayra

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

I was not aware that Coca-Cola extended their partnership with McLaren. That's great! But after reading the press release, they do this Driven to Deliver program with Amazon, I was wondering if why don't they push their new energy colas given that IMO they fit nicely into F1. And they do this Driven to Deliver campaign with Amazon. I'm wondering if there is potential deal to be made with Amazon.

mclaren111

Renault full of Sh*t already it seems...

http://www.f1reader.com/list/news/lates ... est-249002

Macklaren
Macklaren

mclaren111 wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 10:19

WOW. If this is true, it is really unprofessional. Cyril not gaining any sympathy with this kind of behavior...

proteus

Macklaren wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 16:52
mclaren111 wrote:

WOW. If this is true, it is really unprofessional. Cyril not gaining any sympathy with this kind of behavior...
Well, it is a battle royal of dick moves aparently :lol: Renault whoops Mclarens ass in first year of collaboration, while Mclaren returns whooping in the second year, they also achieve first podium. Then Mclaren refuses to colaborate with Renault, later they announce return to Mercedes power units. For a cherry on a cake, they snatch Ricciardo. Now Renault refuses to provide them with 18spec engine... :lol: :lol: There could be even more happening when the season starts with misterious engine failures for Mclaren. Who knows. STR had something similar in the past.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Big Tea

Have they asked Honda?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

It has been said that when mclaren switched from Honda to Renault in 2018, there was a clause in the deal that stipulates the French manufacturer would not cover running older cars.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

mclaren111 wrote:

If someone said to you your food is not good enough we don't want anymore are you really going to serve that same person any food at all, when they realise they need your food?.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Honda may, either, not want to supply them with a PU for the 2017 car, or be unable to supply them a PU with Red Bull/STR contracts preventing this.

Im surprised they never got the 2012 or 2013 Mercedes powered V8 out of the mothballs and cracked on with it. Im positive that even if they brought out the 2014 Button/Magnussen V6T car out with a new more PG friendly nose, Mercedes could have supplied them with a PU. Maybe its down to the full team being included in this for COVID procedures.

This is leading me into the path that Renault have had enough, or Ciril isnt happy somewhere.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Maybe Renault aren’t planning on doing any tests themselves, so providing an engine for McLaren would be a non starter. They probably don’t want to give their main rivals any advantage whatsoever.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

djos

Renault do seen be be acting like a petulant child of late. Makes Daniel’s move and Mclaren’s switch to Mercedes look like the smart plays.
"In downforce we trust"

Mansell89
Mansell89

Seems as if there was a stipulation when McLaren signed with Renault that they would not cover any older cars.

Not entirely sure why but there we go.

I just hope Renault don’t suddenly start providing unreliable power in this final year of the deal.

adrianjordan

djos wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 23:30
Renault do seen be be acting like a petulant child of late. Makes Daniel’s move and Mclaren’s switch to Mercedes look like the smart plays.
Totally agree!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

Mansell89 wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 23:34
Seems as if there was a stipulation when McLaren signed with Renault that they would not cover any older cars.

Not entirely sure why but there we go.

I just hope Renault don’t suddenly start providing unreliable power in this final year of the deal.
They've never done that before have they though 😂
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

diffuser

This stuff is buisness and times are tough. Nobody is going to lift a finger if it isn't specified in a contract.

Do we now that it was Renault that said "NO" to giving the PU for free or McLaren baulking at the price?

Jolle
Jolle

How would you feel if your girlfriend goes back to her ex, realizing you're a just her rebound.