[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
proteus

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

P4 and P5!!! Unbeliveable 😁
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

chrisgr wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 17:06

Definitely doesn’t help with aspirations for third.. But, if last race showed us anything, it is that points are given on Sunday... so it is still a little early to throw the towel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
8) 8)
Ha! Never lose the faith! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Great stuff! I’ve been dreaming for a result like this after qualifying.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

mwillems

SmallSoldier wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 19:14
And that’s Motorsport’s!!!

Over a season, good and bad luck even itself... And like said yesterday, Sunday is when points are given!

Good race by both drivers, they managed the pace and at the end finish with way more points that not only were forecasted at the beginning of the race, but with a lot of good luck for the racing incidents been suffered by Racing Point.

The fight for P3 continues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By a thread. We shouldn't lose this now.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Darth-Piekus

mwillems wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 19:13
Darth-Piekus wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 19:11
Well. I never expected that. I guess The Wide Amount of Luck RP had run out at some point. However so close on a Podium as things went out.
Luck?? They did it with one dodgy driver who had tons of bad luck and a covid diagnosis for their drivers.

If they had a different driver and not Stroll, 3rd was over races ago...!
If we didn't have so much badluck during the whole year 3rd would have been finished long ago. It was about time that changed. In fact they should have been punished worse.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Good race by both drivers, we talk a lot about potential for Lando, but Carlos is one of the few drivers on the grid that makes strides every year. He’s is disgustingly efficient, does everything he’s asked to do by his engineer. He’s got a racers brain no doubt.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

mwillems

Darth-Piekus wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 19:19
mwillems wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Well. I never expected that. I guess The Wide Amount of Luck RP had run out at some point. However so close on a Podium as things went out.
Luck?? They did it with one dodgy driver who had tons of bad luck and a covid diagnosis for their drivers.

If we didn't have so much badluck during the whole year 3rd would have been finished long ago. It was about time that changed. In fact they should have been punished worse.
Cor blimey. Somebody did a number on you didn't they, poor lad.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

From TeamStream

Pit to SAI - “ When you get out, I'll show you the data. That stint of Softs at the start was amazing. Great job mate.”

Darth-Piekus

At the moment we have a 17 Points lead from RP and a 27 Points lead from Renault. Next GP is the outer Circuit of Bahrain who is a Monza Circuit and our car should be able to beat even the Red Bull.

diffuser

mwillems wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:

Stroll hasn't done anything wrong in Bahrain. The quali issue was that they sent him out on Used Mediums and in the race they gave a penalty to Kyv for the accident.

Emag
Emag

It is not over yet. This could happen to McLaren next race and thats all it takes for it to swing.

Hopefully these last races are clean. If they are it would be difficult for RP to close a 17 point deficit.

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 19:19
Good race by both drivers, we talk a lot about potential for Lando, but Carlos is one of the few drivers on the grid that makes strides every year. He’s is disgustingly efficient, does everything he’s asked to do by his engineer. He’s got a racers brain no doubt.
Agreed. I hate to play the "could have, should have, would have" game but minus the brake issue in Q2, he would have qualified much higher up and finished at-least ahead of norris and maybe on a podium.
Last edited by diffuser on 29 Nov 2020, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

SilviuAgo

SilviuAgo wrote:
28 Nov 2020, 16:41
Let's hope Carlos will drive again magic like in Istanbul and will convert tomorrow this 15th place into a 5th.
I said it 🤣🤣🤣

Darth-Piekus

diffuser wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 19:24
mwillems wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:

Stroll hasn't done anything wrong in Bahrain. The quali issue was that they sent him out on Used Mediums and in the race they gave a penalty to Kyv for the accident.
Definately not his fault but he got a lot of points out of luck in Monza and he did take out Sainz back in Mugello and Norris.

Darth-Piekus

And that's 3 incidents that would have finished the championship now.

Anyway. I don't really care to debate that anymore. We have 2 more races. We need one good result and it's pretty much finished.