[ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

adrianjordan wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 15:36
They are just waiting on the results from the Covid test made for Checo today... If it comes negative, Checo drives... He is already cleared in regards to the amount of days he had to be in quarantine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Has he? Positive test was only Wednesday or Thursday last week and he has to wait 10 days. UK rules and, according to Ted's Notebook, also FIA rules. I don't see how he can race this weekend??
The 10 day rule started on Thursday of last week, it was 7 days as of Wednesday when he took his first test... The team is using that loophole and therefore if tests negative he will be able to race... His results will be probably known tomorrow morning... If negative for COVID he races, if still positive Hulks races

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yinlad

SmallSoldier wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 00:28
adrianjordan wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 15:36
They are just waiting on the results from the Covid test made for Checo today... If it comes negative, Checo drives... He is already cleared in regards to the amount of days he had to be in quarantine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Has he? Positive test was only Wednesday or Thursday last week and he has to wait 10 days. UK rules and, according to Ted's Notebook, also FIA rules. I don't see how he can race this weekend??
The 10 day rule started on Thursday of last week, it was 7 days as of Wednesday when he took his first test... The team is using that loophole and therefore if tests negative he will be able to race... His results will be probably known tomorrow morning... If negative for COVID he races, if still positive Hulks races

It's not a loophole, it's just what the government have said to the team. They asked how long he needs to isolate and were told 7 days.

How are people considering this a loophole? Literally any excuse to throw hate at the team at the moment it seems.
MVRC - Panthera

dans79

Toto gave his opinion on why renault is really protesting, and didn't hold back.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-wolf ... principle/
“Renault says they’re about the principle, but in truth they are against the grain that Racing Point has so many points.”
197 104 103 7

adrianjordan

dans79 wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 09:45
Toto gave his opinion on why renault is really protesting, and didn't hold back.

“Renault says they’re about the principle, but in truth they are against the grain that Racing Point has so many points.”
And as a shareholder in RP he is not at all biased.....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

yinlad wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 09:39
SmallSoldier wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 00:28
adrianjordan wrote:

It's not a loophole, it's just what the government have said to the team. They asked how long he needs to isolate and were told 7 days.

How are people considering this a loophole? Literally any excuse to throw hate at the team at the moment it seems.
Which is contrary to what we were told to tell patients at work. We were told the 10 days starts from a positive test and that anyone within their 7 day isolation should extend it to 10 days. I swear the government doesn't know its arse from its elbow.

I notice the rumours around Perez flouting the rules when he was in between races have died down as well.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Wouter

From now on he must 10 days in quarantaine, so no Barcelona for Perez. Great for Hulkenberg, sad for Perez.
Last edited by Wouter on 07 Aug 2020, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

velizare
velizare

adrianjordan wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 09:49
dans79 wrote:

truth hurts. haas was called "ferrari replica" only when gros were able to reach good results with it. last year no one cared what they do and don't.

proteus

velizare wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 10:14
adrianjordan wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 09:49
dans79 wrote:

truth hurts. haas was called "ferrari replica" only when gros were able to reach good results with it. last year no one cared what they do and don't.
RP screwed over Renault last year, Renault is striking back this year. And if i remember correctly RP had a beef with Haas as well before, about them being a copy of Ferrari.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

subcritical71

Wouter wrote:
07 Aug 2020, 10:03
https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1 ... 1814318081

From now on he must 10 days in quarantaine, so no Barcelona for Perez. Great for Hulkenberg, sad for Perez.
In hindsight they should have waited the 10 Daly’s, the. He *may*!have been able to race next weekend and missed only 2 races vs the 3 he will miss now.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Phil

For real? But RP can still continue to race this car / brake parts? I’m quite confused about what this means. 15 point deduction and 400k fine seems “cheap” if they can continue to race a car that has been successfully protested?

Is this their idea of “slap on the wrist”?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Shader

The whole car should be baned. The brake ducts are just one thing they found, I bet there is like 80% of the car identical to design that has nothing to do with this team technical department.

McL-H
McL-H

It is a shame this verdict to be honest. I expect Renault to file new protests.

The entire car is illegal for sure. And Mercedes should be investigated for their part in this too.

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

The rules clearly stated that they must design their own brake ducts this year, and the team have proudly claimed their designer, i mean photographers... have copied a design.. So copied is not 'designed yourself. Slam dunk..
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

ScrewCaptain27

Far too lenient. Of course we are talking about a British team, if they were based in any other country the FIA would not have gone so easy on them. I don’t expect Mercedes to be punished at all since selling parts is not illegal.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian