Canadian GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Lightspeed

m3_lover wrote:I am expecting some drivers to smack into the last corner wall as usual lol
I'm betting that Alsoso will be one of them.

No offence intended.

manchild
manchild

I'm betting that Schuey will be one of them.

No offence intended.

:lol:

He already almost lost it during quali since he had massive understeer.

miqi23
miqi23

Yeah would be great to see Schumi in that wall :D

johny

yes in the onboards you could see great understeering so that's what you need to kiss the wall

Lightspeed

Nico scraped a wall aswell yesterday.

And here are some new beans for controversy :

BMW facing protest over rear wing
Detailed photographic evidence circulated between the teams, and obtained by autosport.com, has prompted Honda Racing to consider lodging a protest against BMW-Sauber after tomorrow's Canadian Grand Prix amid a fresh row over flexi-wings in the sport.

Honda boss Nick Fry has confirmed that his team are now thinking about lodging a protest if their cars are beaten by either Nick Heidfeld or Jacques Villeneuve tomorrow. It has been suggested that other teams could join the protest too.
link

and take a look at what Ferrari have to say ...
Ferrari technical director Ross Brawn believes that the issue of flexi-wings is unlikely to go away from Formula One, despite a change to the rules introduced at this weekend's Canadian Grand Prix.
"Well, I'm already hearing stories that people have flexible skins now," explained Brawn. "Now the brackets are fixed they sink and skim down and bend the profile of the wing. It just doesn't stop."

Brawn said he was baffled about the reasons for the FIA clarification, especially because other teams had rejected an offer by his team to make the slot-gap separators mandatory earlier in the year.

"At Imola we offered to do it," he said. "We wrote a regulation and offered it to all the teams. But no one wanted to do it, which I found quite amusing as it had caused so much controversy. Here was a solution on the table and people didn't want to do it, then a week before we leave for Canada, the FIA came along and asked us to do it."
link[/url]
Last edited by Lightspeed on 25 Jun 2006, 13:12, edited 3 times in total.

Lightspeed

HAHA ... take a load of this balme game:

Webber blames Rosberg for missing qualifying cut
Australian Mark Webber blamed Williams teammate Nico Rosberg for his poor Canadian Grand Prix qualifying performance on Saturday.
link

Villeneuve blames higher temperature
Canadian Jacques Villeneuve blamed the higher track temperatures for his failure to fight for a strong position in qualifying for his home race.
link

David Coulthard blames the handling of his Red Bull RB02

Spencifer_Murphy

manchild wrote:I'm betting that Schuey will be one of them.

No offence intended.

He already almost lost it during quali since he had massive understeer.
Oh how close you were!

He did touch it, a slight tap so to speak.

Altho the hairpin seemed to be more of a problem for the drivers than the champions wall!
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

manchild
manchild

I wasn't close enough :cry:

Anyway... Fernando great again, Fisichella menaged to loose places AGAIN.

JPM should consider going into retirement as his driving worsens as he becomes more of the family man. I really thought thet he'd be the one to move Schuey from his throne when he joined Williams but that never happened and now he seams tired and frustrated. I'm really sad because of Nico.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that Villeneuve's steering got stuck causing his crash?

Spencifer_Murphy

Nah his steering was fine...he turned the wheel while the car was tationary afterwards without a rpoblem.

It was the marbles that caught him out. And I guess his lack of steering was because he didnt want to understeer into the corner, he just tried slowing down and getting the car back on track...I think.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Tom

It was that idiot Ralf that sent JV off the road. I knew exactly what was going to happen before he got to the corner, he tried to line himself up to take Ralf on the outside down the sraight but he had to go wider than anticipated when Ralf didn't leave him room so he got on the marbles and there was nothing he could do! Ralf should have retired long before that. Well done DC!
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

dumrick
dumrick

Tom wrote:he had to go wider than anticipated when Ralf didn't leave him room so he got on the marbles and there was nothing he could do!
Exactly. JV has declared that Ralf lifted to be lapped at the exit of that corner and that he had to drive in the marbles not to collide with him. What an idiotic place and line to lift with today's track conditions... Ralf seems brainless most of the time... :roll:

Tom

He really pissed me off today. When he started going slowly he missed the pits and did another lap only to spin! Then he didn't get any better and continued to be lapped by Montagny (whod already blown his engine) causing Alonso to make dangerouse manouvers and nearly seriously injuring Jaques. 90mph straight into concrete, the same stretch Panis broke both legs in '97 I think.

It was really a shame for the Canadian after a very good season for him so far, hes inspired reacently and i hope Toyota/Ralf will be investigated for their idiosy.

A new rule should be introduced, anyone going outside 107% of the current fastest lap for 5 laps consecutively should be investigated and if it continues to 10 laps they should be black flagged, at the Stewards discreasion.
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

dumrick
dumrick

Tom wrote:A new rule should be introduced, anyone going outside 107% of the current fastest lap for 5 laps consecutively should be investigated and if it continues to 10 laps they should be black flagged, at the Stewards discreasion.
Poor Midlands and Super Aguris... :D

Tom

They aren't outside the 107% for 5 consecutive laps anyway are they?

How about 107% of the fastest time on that lap, or the 5th position mans best time?

dumrick
dumrick

Tom wrote:They aren't outside the 107% for 5 consecutive laps anyway are they?
Let's see: today's 107% would be 1:21:150 and indeed, everyone's fastest lap is within that. But... what about the laps when people are being lapped? I remember today Tiago Monteiro (yes, I look closely at his live timing... go figure why!) being around the 1:23-1:25's when making way for the fastest... you know your idea could make lapping slower cars more difficult, because sometimes these would have the need to put a fast lap, without lifting the throttle for the fastest guys to go by...? :wink: