Canadian GP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DaveKillens
DaveKillens

You don't need any math formula to calculate when a driver is screwing up all over the track. From the start of the race, Ralf was strugggling, and making a total ass of himself. Spin, insanely slow, pit, spin, so on and so on. The second most expensive driver in the most expensive car, what a waste. On his worst day, Sato may have driven as slow, as stupidly, and as unprofessionally as Ralf did today, but there's absolutely no excuse for Ralf.
The stewards need to look at his telemetry, and if he lifted or slowed in any way to force JV to drive into the marbles, he deserves to sit out a race or three.
The track was terrible, it was breaking up in certain sections, and the marbles at the end gave only one driving line. Both Montoya and Fis proved they are failing in driving at the upper level on top teams, while Alonso, Shu, and Kimi once again proved that great drivers prevail, no matter what.

Venom
Venom

Alonso, lucky win and good strategy by Renault.

Schumacher, impressive drive, wierd strategy by Ferrari. Bad one thou.

For Kimi, I don't know what to think.

Fisi and Ralf, standard.

Jaques :o

Overall, a great race. Many overtakes which we didn't see during the season until now.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

saam
saam

yeah it was a pretty good race all in all. I dont need to bag any driver so i get my own ego trip or accuse contructors of cheating. The race winners and podium places hasnt changed much since the start of the season but much crap has been ironed out with little outcome on overall driver results. Goes to show just how much people know :lol:

great race, keep bringing it on 8)
Always FERRARI

Everyones an F1 expert........

Tom

The lapping scenario could be solved by giving the drivers 5 laps in which to do a good time, upon which they will be investigated by the stewards if they fail, they do not get black flagged until 10 consecutive laps outside 107%, and then only if the team fails an appeal and the stewards descide that he is dong what Ralf did or just having a rough time in traffic. This would also allow for safety cars etc.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Steven
Owner

Tom wrote:Ralf really pissed me off today. When he started going slowly he missed the pits and did another lap only to spin! Then he didn't get any better and continued to be lapped by Montagny (whod already blown his engine) causing Alonso to make dangerouse manouvers and nearly seriously injuring Jaques. 90mph straight into concrete, the same stretch Panis broke both legs in '97 I think....
Ralf really drove one of the worst races he ever did. His teammate Trulli got into a point actually.

As for Panis, that was 2 corners before that, in that swooping right hander. I even remember Ralf slowing down in that corner when being on the inside to let Fernando pass him. That was a very scary moment for me actually, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed though. Must have been somewhere halfway the race I think.

vyselegend

Alonso and Schumacher were the two lucky ones this time, Kimi was really going for the win, hadn't his team destroyed his race...

Fisichella :roll: ... I really fear for the future of Renault...

About Ralph, I think there is already an existing rule saying if a driver shows an obvious lack of control of his car or is running very slow without piting, he should be black flagged. I think as DaveKillens said there are no maths involved, it's up to the stewards to judge that. Don't ask me why they choose to let him on track, past the time he did spin twice and missed to pit I was sure he was going to provoke an incident sooner or later. Unfortunatly it proved to be Jacques misfortune.

Speaking of JV, once again BMW went for this weird strategy I totally miss to understand, going for a mid-race first stint, allowing a one stopper strategy to the sacrifice of race pace, then destroying all the efforts with two short stints.
Another thing, I don't remember who did speak of it and where, but there is something strange with BMW's TC. Every times we had the chance to see onboard view of JV or NH, they were on the edge of spinning at each re-acceleration. I know almost everyone were fighting oversteer but that seemed even more obvious with them. I wonder if they are running with low TC, or if their TC system sucks, but there is a problem here I think.

Tom

Tomba wrote:
I even remember Ralf slowing down in that corner when being on the inside to let Fernando pass him. That was a very scary moment for me actually, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed though. Must have been somewhere halfway the race I think.
yeah, the British commentators went on about it quite a bit, I wonder if Ralf was shown a black flag and didn't see it? It happened before with Mansell (don't know where/when) when he didn't see the flag and the radio was broken, Senna also said he couldn't see it for the sun, and it ultimetly cost Senna the race when he tried to pass a car which should not have been racing and crashed.

I wonder if Toyota told him to stay out and just finish the race for sponsorship, I got the impression they weren't happy having him 10s/lap off the pace either.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

dumrick
dumrick

vyselegend wrote:Kimi was really going for the win, hadn't his team destroyed his race...
Or for second place, if he hadn't failed when he couldn't...
vyselegend wrote:Every times we had the chance to see onboard view of JV or NH, they were on the edge of spinning at each re-acceleration. I know almost everyone were fighting oversteer but that seemed even more obvious with them. I wonder if they are running with low TC, or if their TC system sucks, but there is a problem here I think.
I found it clear also with MS... this race just had a too bad tarmac condition to really tell...

RH1300S
RH1300S

Not a bad race - a shame for Kimi (again :roll: ) he deserves better........He is driving that car beyond where it deserves to be. Fernando - faultless drive.

Ralph - disgraceful, there should be a penalty for that, just touring around impeding other drivers (deliberate or not). Big shame for JV, he is looking better this year than he has for ages.........he even comes across better in interviews. Good for him, I've always liked his fighting spirit in the car and his views on life; but recently his PITA attitude just sounded like a childish fit.....no longer thank goodness.

f1.redbaron

Off-Topic - Here is one of the pictures (Jarno with Peter Windsor) from the Canadian Grand Prix. Note: I didn't use the "zoom in" feature on the camera...that is how close to him I really was:

http://img157.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 2902lx.jpg

rkn

I think Kimis two last incidents that have made him loose places to Schumacher look rather suspicious, could it be that he's helping schumacher win the championship so Ferrai can get rid of him in front of next year?

manchild
manchild

No no... Kimi isn't "easy lady" like Irvine and Barrichello were and I don't believe that he'd risk his neck for 70 laps by pushing as hard as possible and than in the last lap let Schuey pass by.

Scuderia_Russ

rkn wrote:I think Kimis two last incidents that have made him loose places to Schumacher look rather suspicious, could it be that he's helping schumacher win the championship so Ferrai can get rid of him in front of next year?
If only everyone posted a joke as their first post.
BTW... Welcome. :)
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-