Canadian GP: Montoya vs Rosberg

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who was at fault?

Poll ended at 02 Jul 2006, 11:50

Rosberg
45%
Montoya
55%

Total votes: 29

Ciro Pabón

Tom wrote:Thats the biggy.
Allright, last post, I promess... :^o

Because after he was hit by Rosberg on the front left wheel Montoya's car lost the back and started to spin clockwise, as any normal car would do under these circumstances.

Montoya corrected to the left to avoid hitting the german "apprentice" with the entire car (this is, with the left rear wheel). He barely managed to drive it parallel to Nico "Don't give up" Rosberg, before their wheels touched. Revise the sequence given by zac, or better, the video.

zac510: you can win if you put the fault on Rosberg, of course. :wink:

I give up. The poll is 12 to 13 right now, even after I voted 12 times to blame Rosberg. This is unfair.

Now there is even a thread stating that only because Montoya has blew himself out of the race about 114 times he is not as good as Fangio. I despise those guys... :wink:
Ciro

vyselegend

I'll second zac510 on this one, kind of a racing incident. The simple fact we can discuss this matter on three pages proves there is no obvious fault from one of those two. OK, JPM was too agressive in attack, but so was NR in defense.

Also, I'm sliding a little bit off topic, but I'm almost sure JPM overtook Ralph under yellow flag, which he probably didn't see because of the huge smoke cloud from Montagny's car. Seems I'm the only one to think so, so maybe I'm mistaken though.

manchild
manchild

Ciro, my mentioning of nepotism was... umm... deliberate provocation :lol:

I know that pic is showing situation after first contact but when you check Nico's position, JPM's position and position of his steering wheel it reminds a bit on Jerez 1997. :lol: Why turn wheels on car you've already collided with? He had all the space in the world on his right side but turned left even though Nico was on the edgle of circuit. I know JPM is not that kind of driver but it seams to me that he didn't really try to avoid collision with Nico stubbornly trying to prove something to spectators (wish I knew what).

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It was a racing incident involving two hard nosed drivers fighting for important position. Nico messed up earlier and gave Montoya the opportunity to close up and attempt a pass. Nico gave no room on the inside, and Montoya didn't back off. Blaming one or the other is just a pissing contest, both hurt themselves, and the end result shows it. Nico is a rookie fighting for respect and results, Montoya has been developing a history of contacting other cars, he really should know better.
I just am happy they didn't take out an innocent third car.

NickT

Definately a "Racing Incident"

Blame: 70% 30%
Montoya Rosberg

Sorry Ciro, just because he is young and inexperienced doesn't mean he is totally to blame, Monty was just to agressive/optomistic
NickT

Ciro Pabón

All right, all right, I can see that my eloquent and simple prose does not convince you. Oh, brothers, verily, verily I say unto you that the seed fell on the rocks and the pearls have been casted.

Now I understand the voice I heard clearly last night: 'To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is in parables, in order that seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand'.

The voice asked me to pray for you tonight, and also said something around the lines that "this way, maybe we will not give them more than a couple of months of purgatory".

The voice added then, with a little compassive undertone: "Brother Manchild won't need any prayers, as he has suffered more than enough through all six Schumacher championships, equivalent to thirty or fourty years of penance... he shall understand what is to be misunderstood." :wink:

Finally, the voice then talked a little about the ninth commandent and the last race (it seemed a well informed voice to me) explaining that the photos show that Rosberg clearly did not " left enough room for him to come inside me into the chicane, as I knew if he did pass me". We both had a heartily laugh at this.
Ciro

mep

I have a problem with the link to the video.
After a long period of time I hear the voices but I can't
see the video.
Thats pitiful because I don't think you can judge
a racing accident by standing pictures.
If you see the cars driving you understand why the wheels are
in a certain possition at special time.

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

I have a problem with the link to the video.
After a long period of time I hear the voices but I can't
see the video.
Maybe you can try to download the video.

Thats pitiful because I don't think you can judge
a racing accident by standing pictures.
If you see the cars driving you understand why the wheels are
in a certain possition at special time.
It is not a video from onboard camera, just from the TV coverage and there you can't see when exactly they touched anyway. I talked with a guy that has the onboard video and he supports Ciro's case... :)
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis

jgredline

Oh my, this debate is still going on. Why not add the two midland cars in this, or Ralfs many accidents he caused, like Villeneuves etc
To finish first, first you must finish.

flynfrog

jgredline wrote:Oh my, this debate is still going on. Why not add the two midland cars in this, or Ralfs many accidents he caused, like Villeneuves etc
because it will end up as another MS vs senna fight

stuff happens in racing its usally both people fault now move on with your lives

manchild
manchild

Don't worry, nothing can end up like MS vs Senna fight :lol:

Anyway, it was a nice change to debate about two other drivers without one of them being Schuey :wink:

I'd say this thread was nice analysis of situation without turining into war.