2020 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, October 23 - 25

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zibby43
zibby43

Re: 2020 Portuguese Grand Prix - Portimão, October 23 - 25

godlameroso wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 22:24
Will this require a new CE?
Uncertain at this time, but both Merc drivers have only used 1 CE (out of 2 allowed) after the Eifel GP.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Racer X

PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 17:07
Wouter wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 13:16
Sieper wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 12:59
Yes, a willingness to accept RP took risks with everybody. If you have symptoms, self isolate.
On Friday he still felt good, but in the evening the stomach flu started. From that moment on, he stayed in his camper and hoped it would be over for FP3. That turned out not to be the case, but he stayed in his own camper, alone, despite having been tested negative three times.
Because he had three negative tests and no other covid symptoms, the team thought it was a common stomach flu.
They say the money in his blood was messing up the Covid test readings. :idea:
Perez was asymptomatic never development any symptoms at all just the COVID test and he stayed properly isolated for 2 weeks.

Lance Stroll doesn't really worry about it. Then he traveled back home. It's possible Lance has been going around infecting people. Let's hope it's not the case. At least Hulk is there but it's strange how things are being handled by the Mexican who and then by Lance, when Perez isolated for 2 weeks.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

dtro
dtro

Racer X wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 15:45
PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 17:07
Wouter wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 13:16

On Friday he still felt good, but in the evening the stomach flu started. From that moment on, he stayed in his camper and hoped it would be over for FP3. That turned out not to be the case, but he stayed in his own camper, alone, despite having been tested negative three times.
Because he had three negative tests and no other covid symptoms, the team thought it was a common stomach flu.
They say the money in his blood was messing up the Covid test readings. :idea:
Perez was asymptomatic never development any symptoms at all just the COVID test and he stayed properly isolated for 2 weeks.

Lance Stroll doesn't really worry about it. Then he traveled back home. It's possible Lance has been going around infecting people. Let's hope it's not the case. At least Hulk is there but it's strange how things are being handled by the Mexican who and then by Lance, when Perez isolated for 2 weeks.
Is it even remotely surprising? Lance Stroll doesn't come across as someone who won't skirt around problems- lost a drive? Buy a team. Got Corona? Pretend like its a stomach bug and go back home.

SiLo

Are we all missing the fact that he was ill but had a negative test first? If I had a negative test and was ill I'd probably go home for rest too.
Felipe Baby!

basti313
basti313

The question for me is how and who is testing for F1. With standard german tests the chance of testing negative is reallly low and with standard german tests you do not test negative after 2 weeks as the test reacts on everything, especialy dead virus.
Don`t russel the hamster!

PlatinumZealot

There are some perons who will show false negative for a time. Especially if the infection is fresh.
Lance did what he could. Isolated then went back home. I see no issues.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

LM10
LM10

basti313 wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 17:23
The question for me is how and who is testing for F1. With standard german tests the chance of testing negative is reallly low and with standard german tests you do not test negative after 2 weeks as the test reacts on everything, especialy dead virus.
A virus can't be dead because it's not living in the first place. Don't know what you're on about with the rest of your post, either.

SiLo

This is all off topic anyway so I expect it will be removed.

Been looking at the weather and we could have a wet Sunday which would be really interesting on a new track. Has anyone on the grid actually raced here before?
Felipe Baby!

billamend
billamend

SiLo wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 17:42

Been looking at the weather and we could have a wet Sunday which would be really interesting on a new track. Has anyone on the grid actually raced here before?
Some on lower formulas. Riccardo won his F2 championship there if I'm not mistaken.

Big Tea

I doubt he went home on a 'cattle class' flight either. De may even have driven or been driven, depending on where he stayed.
He was probably either in a private plane where had just a few people with him or a first class flight where there is lots of space and excellent scavenging of used air.

Not excusing him if he knew, not as others have said, a negative test would suggest it was not covid, especially if he had none of the 'usual' symptoms.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

godlameroso

The repaving has made the track a lot smoother, turn one in particular has been flattened. I expect the cars to go up to 2 seconds faster than the old asphalt would have allowed. So perhaps pole could be in the 13s?
Saishū kōnā

NathanOlder

billamend wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 17:55
SiLo wrote:
22 Oct 2020, 17:42

Some on lower formulas. Riccardo won his F2 championship there if I'm not mistaken.
Ricciardo never won an F2 title :roll:

I guess you mean the Formula Renault 2.0 which is more or less formula 3 level.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

BrunoH
BrunoH

the repaving was crap.... 2cm instead of the normal 7 like estoril did huge difference, who anyone who went and drove on these 2 knows the difference is huge