French GP 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:It is a win but hardly great....

I beg to differ mate. Seven hundred and fifty world championship races sees the most successful driver ever to, like I have already said, win the same G.P. eight times and win his one hundred and fiftieth podium.
manchild wrote: a boy from Brasil holds up his main rival so that ubermensch can win.....

Even more worrying for Renault will be how far behind Alonso Fissi was... and Alonso couldn't overtake Massa until he hit the pit stops so he lost time too. Renault will be crossing their fingers that Alonso does manage to squirm out of his contract if Fissichella is their only hope next year! :lol:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Lightspeed

Scuderia_Russ wrote:I beg to differ mate. Seven hundred and fifty world championship races sees the most successful driver ever to, like I have already said, win the same G.P. eight times and win his one hundred and fiftieth podium.
Dont even bother. the guy is a schumi sadist.

FLC
FLC

He's prob. busy eating his hat, since the Ferrari is indeed on FIRE!

jaslfc
jaslfc

i think even if alonso did overtook massa at the start he wouldnt have won.. but i would have made the race more interesting.. but one thing it shows that alonso and shumy is really a class above their teammates

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:typical for Schuey - a boy from Brasil holds up his main rival
Thinking about it... the only reason that Fissichella doesn't hold anyone up and thus giving Alonso an advantage, is because he is so far off the pace!!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Ciro Pabón

manchild wrote:... a boy from Brasil holds up his main rival so that ubermensch can win[-o<
Well, Manchild, Felipe can be almost a boy and he can be from Brazil, but he is no "boy from Brazil". Maybe he is not good enough for your highness, :) but he is certainly one of the best South America can offer. He can post as good lap times as some other people, or better (ehem...), and he can drive faster than Alonso, if you believe your eyes. Last time I checked Alonso was trying to catch the boy: "I ain't see no boy holding nobody..."

What could worry Alonso and, I dare to guess, could take Scuderia_Russ to the eternal bliss he deserves in Ferrari heaven, is the fact that Michelin is closing for good and there are quite a few races until Schumacher retires (sorry, erase that, something happened to my keyboard), I mean, Schumacher finish this championship.
Ciro

manchild
manchild

He was faster than Alonso and even Schuey since he was on low fuel as his result was irrelevant for Ferrari because all it mattered for them was to use Massa as blocker. It even ended up like that - Massa lost one place but it enabled Schey to win. Operation sucessfull - second driver doing the same thing Irvine and Barichello have been doing - consciously sacrificing his career for the money and "glory" of M. Schumacher. I’m not saying that Massa is bad driver - he is even much better than Fisichella but his career is going down the same drain Irvine's and Barchello's careers went before.

RH1300S
RH1300S

I can't say I'm all that bothered that Massa played rear-gunner. It's to be expected and I don't have a big problem with it.

Massa is showing well this year and deserves his seat. I had never thought of being Schuey's #2 as career death, but I see you point. It could be..........

MS drove a great qualy lap and his race was good where it mattered - typical MS win.

Some of the shots of Alonso showed just how hard he was pushing - matador 8)

Apart from that it was pretty boring to watch.

zac510
zac510

Career death is leaving the 2nd top team for a team that is running around in the bottom 10 spots.
Some of the shots of Alonso showed just how hard he was pushing - matador Cool
Agree, great to watch!

Crabbia
Crabbia

One thing that sets drivers from MS and, regretably but its true, Fernando Alonso is their consistency. It's not that either of them are blindingly fast, although they can be on their day, it's that they almost never slow. Looking at MS carreer i saw only about 17 races out of his whole carreer that he can in placed less than fifth. in 2002 he was on the podium in every single race. That i feel is an irrefutable that the guy deserves every bit of credit he gets.

And to hit back with at the MS bashing with a little alonso bashing, what is up with that guys eyebrows. Damn, i'm surprised they fit behind his visor.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...