2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MtthsMlw

Re: 2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

basti313 wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 15:32
Any news already? Did they find the fuel in the FIA workshop?
They didn't so their right to review was dismissed. However they found out why there was less fuel than calculated in the tank.
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... review.pdf

the EDGE

MtthsMlw wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 19:44
basti313 wrote:
They didn't so their right to review was dismissed. However they found out why there was less fuel than calculated in the tank.
So… thanks for telling us why you run out of fuel… but that’s irrelevant because the rules say you must provide the sample and you couldn’t

I hope they have better luck with the appeal

zibby43

the EDGE wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 20:02
MtthsMlw wrote:
basti313 wrote:
So… thanks for telling us why you run out of fuel… but that’s irrelevant because the rules say you must provide the sample and you couldn’t

This ensures they’ll have no luck with the appeal. Fuel isn’t there and the sample requirement doesn’t care why, unfortunately.

the EDGE

zibby43 wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 20:27
the EDGE wrote:
MtthsMlw wrote:

This ensures they’ll have no luck with the appeal. Fuel isn’t there and the sample requirement doesn’t care why, unfortunately.
I suspect your right

How soon after he crossed the line did Vettel stop? Would he have actually run out of fuel before finishing if they didn’t have to put in the extra litre required for testing?

zibby43

the EDGE wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 20:40
zibby43 wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 20:27
the EDGE wrote:

I suspect your right

How soon after he crossed the line did Vettel stop? Would he have actually run out of fuel before finishing if they didn’t have to put in the extra litre required for testing?
Not sure, but here’s a little more context as to the mechanism of failure.

Big Tea

I wonder where it was dumped? It would not be where Bottas, no , never mind
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Marty_Y

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/58152978

F1: Aston Martin denied right of review of Vettel's Hungarian GP disqualification

By Andrew Benson
Chief F1 writer

Aston Martin's claim for a right of review of Sebastian Vettel's disqualification from the Hungarian Grand Prix has been denied.

Vettel was disqualified from second place after his car was found to have less than the mandatory one litre of fuel required for post-race testing.

Aston submitted evidence showing that the lack of fuel was caused by a fuel-system failure that led to a leak.

But stewards ruled that this was "not relevant" to the disqualification.

Aston Martin have also lodged a separate appeal against the decision and have not yet said whether they intend to proceed with that process.

Vettel's second place would have been the team's best result of the season and would have significantly boosted Aston Martin's position in the constructors' championship, on which prize money is decided at the end of the year.

What happened in the hearing?
The stewards from the race meeting were reconvened on Monday to assess Aston Martin's new evidence.

The team have accepted that only 0.3 litres of fuel remained in the car after the race, a point it contested at the time as it had not then discovered the leak.

Stewards accepted that the evidence of a leak somewhere in the fuel system satisfied the requirement for "new" evidence, which is one of four separate criteria a team must satisfy for a right of review of the decision to be granted.

However, stewards said that the article in the F1 rules relevant to the case "unequivocally call for a remaining amount of one litre [of fuel] and does not allow any exceptions under which circumstances or for what reasons" less was available.

Therefore, the reason for the lack of fuel was deemed "not relevant" to the disqualification, and the team's case was rejected.

zibby43

Disqualification stands.

Ryar

Hakuna Matata!

Zynerji

Nice. I think they both deserve it, and if the 2022 car is competitive, this can be a very strong coupling!

adrianjordan

Seb has very, very quickly gone from a driver I wasn't really all that keen on, (thanks I now realise to RBR management and then me just generally disliking Ferrari because I'm a McLaren fan lol) to being my favourite non-McLaren driver!!

Fantastic that he's sticking around for another year.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Wouter

Ex-McLaren principal Martin Whitmarsh returns to F1 with Aston Martin

September 21st 2021
Martin Whitmarsh joins Aston Martin, with the aim of leading the Formula 1 team to a world championship within five years.

Aston Martin has announced that former McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh will join the team as CEO of its Performance Technologies division.

Whitmarsh was last involved in Formula 1 with the McLaren team back in 2014 but will return with Aston Martin this season to oversee the team’s “transformation into a World Championship-winning organisation within the next four to five years.”

He will join the team as its Group Chief Executive Officer of Aston Martin Performance Technologies, focusing on the manufacturer’s F1 efforts. He will also oversee technologies across key divisions of Aston Martin.

Following his dismissal as McLaren team principal in ’14, Whitmarsh was involved in Sir Ben Ainslie’s Americas Cup Challenge squad as chief executive before moving into an advisory role back in 2017. In the same year, he was also brought in by the FIA as a consultant to inform the regulatory changes around the cost cap, introduced this year. Most recently, Whitmarsh was selected by Lewis Hamilton to join the board of the Hamilton Commission that has been set up to increase diversity and black representation within motor sport.
Whitmarsh will begin his role with Aston Martin later this year on October.
[ ..... ]
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... ton-martin
The Power of Dreams!

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

First time I see Whitmarsh in Aston Martin colors
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Wouter

Seb answers questions from fans.

The Power of Dreams!