2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
551
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

e30ernest wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:13 am
Lots of rumors floating around that Daimler is blocking the amount Lewis wants, and is saying they can go for Russell instead. Ineos on the other hand reportedly wants Lewis in no matter what, while Toto is denying any negotiation troubles.

I'm curious where this is going though. This negotiation is taking longer than I would expect it should.
If it's just down to the cash then I'd have thought that INEOS would stump up the extra directly. Assuming they are that desperate to have Hamilton on board. Jim Ratcliffe - the head of INEOS - is spending a fortune on his new 4x4 project that probably will never make a profit. He's got money to burn so a few million in Hamilton's back pocket won't worry him at all.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

ryaan2904
ryaan2904
35
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:45 am

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

I think its not money, its the fact that Ham wants a straight 4 year deal when he's already 36..
CFD Eyes of Sauron

User avatar
Big Tea
91
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

ryaan2904 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:09 am
I think its not money, its the fact that Ham wants a straight 4 year deal when he's already 36..
Much of the press seem to think it is the other way around and Ham wants a year by year and Merc want a longer contract.

Not saying they are correct are you are not
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

User avatar
El Scorchio
20
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 am

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

Big Tea wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:09 pm
ryaan2904 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:09 am
I think its not money, its the fact that Ham wants a straight 4 year deal when he's already 36..
Much of the press seem to think it is the other way around and Ham wants a year by year and Merc want a longer contract.

Not saying they are correct are you are not
There's always a load of accompanied drama and speculation (far more than other drivers) when it's contract time for Hamilton. One could be mistaken for thinking it's actually quite straightforward behind the scenes but they love the benefit of the publicity it brings to him, the team and the sport as a whole...

User avatar
Big Tea
91
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

El Scorchio wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:22 pm
Big Tea wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:09 pm
ryaan2904 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:09 am
I think its not money, its the fact that Ham wants a straight 4 year deal when he's already 36..
Much of the press seem to think it is the other way around and Ham wants a year by year and Merc want a longer contract.

Not saying they are correct are you are not
There's always a load of accompanied drama and speculation (far more than other drivers) when it's contract time for Hamilton. One could be mistaken for thinking it's actually quite straightforward behind the scenes but they love the benefit of the publicity it brings to him, the team and the sport as a whole...
Free publicity works as well as paid pub.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

User avatar
El Scorchio
20
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 am

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

Big Tea wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:56 pm
El Scorchio wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:22 pm
Big Tea wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:09 pm


Much of the press seem to think it is the other way around and Ham wants a year by year and Merc want a longer contract.

Not saying they are correct are you are not
There's always a load of accompanied drama and speculation (far more than other drivers) when it's contract time for Hamilton. One could be mistaken for thinking it's actually quite straightforward behind the scenes but they love the benefit of the publicity it brings to him, the team and the sport as a whole...
Free publicity works as well as paid pub.
It most certainly does! And they don't even have to say anything. Just saying nothing at all in this case continues to fuel the fire! Will he or won't he? (He definitely will!)

toraabe
toraabe
12
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:42 am

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

dodds_turbo wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:07 am
toraabe wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:18 pm
Some of them has moved to Aston Martin....
Do you have a source for this? It's be quite the coup for Aston Martin, and surely a noticeable loss for Merc?
Since they both are owned by the same people and companies, it just makes sense. It was written in an article a couple of weeks ago. Instead of firing a bunch of good designers, just move them to Aston. Both Mercedes and Aston will benefit from this

User avatar
El Scorchio
20
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 am

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

toraabe wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:57 pm
dodds_turbo wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:07 am
toraabe wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:18 pm
Some of them has moved to Aston Martin....
Do you have a source for this? It's be quite the coup for Aston Martin, and surely a noticeable loss for Merc?
Since they both are owned by the same people and companies, it just makes sense. It was written in an article a couple of weeks ago. Instead of firing a bunch of good designers, just move them to Aston. Both Mercedes and Aston will benefit from this
Pretty similar to RBR and AT.

toraabe
toraabe
12
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:42 am

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

El Scorchio wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 pm
toraabe wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:57 pm
dodds_turbo wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:07 am


Do you have a source for this? It's be quite the coup for Aston Martin, and surely a noticeable loss for Merc?
Since they both are owned by the same people and companies, it just makes sense. It was written in an article a couple of weeks ago. Instead of firing a bunch of good designers, just move them to Aston. Both Mercedes and Aston will benefit from this
Pretty similar to RBR and AT.
Exactly :D

User avatar
subcritical71
90
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: USA-Florida

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

Jolle wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:52 pm
Random thought, one of the reasons INEOS came on board as a shareholder.

With the incoming budget cap, the F1 work in Brackley has to be scaled down and will loose some flexibility. Could INEOS with its other high tech projects like the americas cup and the cycling team bring in additional work to diversify enough to keep staff and keep the company flexible enough? Bit like McLaren used to has their applied engineering division. “INEOS applied” or something.
It was mentioned on the Round Robin 1 broadcast that Ineos Team UK used the Ineos Mercedes GP team to make the leap in performance from the Christmas Cup to the Prada Cup. Going from dead last to undefeated after RR2 racing. It seems they were doing some rather extraordinary CFD over the winter break.

Jolle
Jolle
132
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

subcritical71 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:48 pm
Jolle wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:52 pm
Random thought, one of the reasons INEOS came on board as a shareholder.

With the incoming budget cap, the F1 work in Brackley has to be scaled down and will loose some flexibility. Could INEOS with its other high tech projects like the americas cup and the cycling team bring in additional work to diversify enough to keep staff and keep the company flexible enough? Bit like McLaren used to has their applied engineering division. “INEOS applied” or something.
It was mentioned on the Round Robin 1 broadcast that Ineos Team UK used the Ineos Mercedes GP team to make the leap in performance from the Christmas Cup to the Prada Cup. Going from dead last to undefeated after RR2 racing. It seems they were doing some rather extraordinary CFD over the winter break.
It was quite astonishing to see indeed! Even that last match, the INEOS was the first on its foils in calm wind

Jolle
Jolle
132
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

Other fun fact, BAR ‘s (Ben Ainslie Racing) is none other then Martin Whitmarsh.

User avatar
Morteza
2296
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post



"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

User avatar
godlameroso
305
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Miami FL

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

By Friday the contract should be sorted? There's less than 50 days to testing.
Saishū kōnā

the EDGE
the EDGE
65
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:31 pm
Location: Bedfordshire ENGLAND

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

Post

godlameroso wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:08 pm
By Friday the contract should be sorted? There's less than 50 days to testing.
Doesn’t have to be a contract for him to race. He’s already on the FIA official entry list

Who the hell knows what’s going on, the situation is unprecedented AFAIK, could be signed tomorrow, could never race again