2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
El Scorchio

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 21:52
Brazil is hard an tyres and their could be rain. Change engine. Do Q3. Do the qualifying race and collect three points. Start at the back on hards and go long?

USA is also another good race to pass on if the car is set up for it.

In all of these options Bottas is key here because he is the only one that can deny Max a win if Lewis ever takes an engine penalty.
Presently, Bottas seems more likely to jump out of his way and give him a cordial wave and a round of applause on the way past!

rickybobbyf1

El Scorchio wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 22:32
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Brazil is hard an tyres and their could be rain. Change engine. Do Q3. Do the qualifying race and collect three points. Start at the back on hards and go long?

In all of these options Bottas is key here because he is the only one that can deny Max a win if Lewis ever takes an engine penalty.
Presently, Bottas seems more likely to jump out of his way and give him a cordial wave and a round of applause on the way past!
Yeah, don’t get me started on Bottas, what a missed opportunity to slow 33 down…

PlatinumZealot

El Scorchio wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Haha damn right! And then I found this little gem. Bottas chatting with the Bulls before the race. :!:

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Mogster

rickybobbyf1 wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 22:40
El Scorchio wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Yeah, don’t get me started on Bottas, what a missed opportunity to slow 33 down…
He appeared to be asleep and didn’t notice Verstappen till he was alongside. A DRS drive by I could have understood, although maybe it’s not too surprising as Bottas has never been great against other cars. He does have excellent single lap pace though.

NathanOlder

I assume the rules have something about drivers switching cars in a team?

I mean, when Russell stood in for Hamilton, last year, Russell took Hamiltons Power Unit. So the Power Unit isn't tied to a driver, it's tied to a car. Is there a rule saying Hamilton can't take Bottas car now? I'm sure it can't be done, but is there actually a rule stating it?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

nacho

Apparently the new Monza engine of Bottas had some fault and thats why they needed another one

NL_Fer

If the broken damaged Monza engine seems fine for the final races, it won’t surprise me.

AMG.Tzan

I'm so fed up with Mercedes this year!

-Lewis has been making so many mistakes, one after another, so many bad starts! For some reason he can't overtake...Verstapen today passed so many cars (one of them being a Mercedes) yet Lewis couldn't even attack Ricciardo! Same goes for Monza...
-Bottas is such an idiot! He let Verstapen by so easily...Gasly was harder for Verstapen to pass! Bottas did the same thing at Zandvoort yet when Lewis tried to pass him at Barcelona he made it difficult for him! Can't really understand what's his point...

I've been a Hamilton-Mercedes fan since 2007 but doing so many mistakes at tracks that were going to be "easy wins" is such an embarrassment! Had Hamilton maximized his chances he would have been over 15 points ahead right now...! Max got so lucky today with the rain and he basically cancelled out his 4th engine penalty! Now he has a new engine and Hamilton doesn't!

I don't see how Hamilton can win this! The tracks that follow are all Red Bull tracks! But looking at the year until now he doesn't even deserve this championship anymore...! Max has been so consistent always finishing 1st or 2nd and their cars are so closely matched! The first 4 races were great for Mercedes and Lewis but then...

Ready to start hearing "Lewis can't win without the best car" etc. from all the Verstapen fans!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

El Scorchio

NathanOlder wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 23:07
I assume the rules have something about drivers switching cars in a team?

I mean, when Russell stood in for Hamilton, last year, Russell took Hamiltons Power Unit. So the Power Unit isn't tied to a driver, it's tied to a car. Is there a rule saying Hamilton can't take Bottas car now? I'm sure it can't be done, but is there actually a rule stating it?
Can you IMAGINE the meltdown if there’s some sort of loophole that allows this? I’m sure it isn’t so, though or someone else would have tried it by now.

ringo

AMG.Tzan wrote:
27 Sep 2021, 00:23
I'm so fed up with Mercedes this year!

-Lewis has been making so many mistakes, one after another, so many bad starts! For some reason he can't overtake...Verstapen today passed so many cars (one of them being a Mercedes) yet Lewis couldn't even attack Ricciardo! Same goes for Monza...
-Bottas is such an idiot! He let Verstapen by so easily...Gasly was harder for Verstapen to pass! Bottas did the same thing at Zandvoort yet when Lewis tried to pass him at Barcelona he made it difficult for him! Can't really understand what's his point...

I've been a Hamilton-Mercedes fan since 2007 but doing so many mistakes at tracks that were going to be "easy wins" is such an embarrassment! Had Hamilton maximized his chances he would have been over 15 points ahead right now...! Max got so lucky today with the rain and he basically cancelled out his 4th engine penalty! Now he has a new engine and Hamilton doesn't!

I don't see how Hamilton can win this! The tracks that follow are all Red Bull tracks! But looking at the year until now he doesn't even deserve this championship anymore...! Max has been so consistent always finishing 1st or 2nd and their cars are so closely matched! The first 4 races were great for Mercedes and Lewis but then...

Ready to start hearing "Lewis can't win without the best car" etc. from all the Verstapen fans!
I do not know what race you were watching but Max was the one who could not overtake similarly paced cars. The Bottas overtake was basically a wave by, but Max looked hopeless behind the ferarris and the Mclaren, even the Alpine. He was destined to be 7th? if it were not for the rain.
Lewis overtook at critical points to put himself in contention for the win. Winning was the best who could have done and that's what he did. It was clear from the pace that this track was a strong track for Redbull too. Perez was so close to Hamilton, you could imagine how close Max would have been.

Hamilton actually had the best race out of everyone. Very well balanced risk management and good pace when in clean air and was able to hold the car on the road with slicks on when the rain was falling; which put a lot of pressure on Norris. He made no mistakes today, even lap 1 he narrowly escaped a stroll dive bomb.

Despite max finishing top 2 most of the times, he is behind in the championship and that bodes well for Hamilton. It shows that there is an intangible factor about Max that is putting him in situations to dump a mass of points. We almost saw again in Russia where almost dived up the inside of Leclerc which could have ended his race.
If LH100 is making so many mistakes and leading and both having an equal distribution of luck, what does that say if Mercedes do get it together for the remaining races?
It's anyone's championship still. Redbull have the best car, but I don't think they have the most complete driver to deliver their first championship in a long time.
For Sure!!

Hammerfist

Yeah Lewis had a good drive, it’s just that those mclarens were impossible to overtake for anyone on similar age tires. He got boxed in at the start but besides that it was a faultless effort.

selvam_e2002

Mercedes + Ham should get P1 Qualy in remaining races and start from Pole and pull away... this is the only option to win WDC else they may stuck behind slow car.

It seems this year, Mercedes and Hamilton making too much of mistakes. They are making easy win to difficult one. Lets hope they won't do those things in coming races.

ringo

Makes no sense looking in the past.
6 races to go and Merc are ahead. They need to be on pole I agree. Pole is going to come hard for them in the remaining races.
They need to be on top of things. No more strategic blunders and no more poor starts.
As a LH fan i have to admit his teeth are getting dull. He needs to eat some meat protein and get some aggression! If its even to break the vegan diet for these last 6 races.
For Sure!!

wickedz50

Brilliant drive from Lewis under pressure. Spot on strategy from the team.

wickedz50

Mogster wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 22:57
rickybobbyf1 wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 22:40
El Scorchio wrote:

He appeared to be asleep and didn’t notice Verstappen till he was alongside. A DRS drive by I could have understood, although maybe it’s not too surprising as Bottas has never been great against other cars. He does have excellent single lap pace though.
VB rarely demonstrated good defensive driving and yesterday was no surprise when he let Ves pass by easily. I also find it strange that he did not notice that Ves was there alongside which goes to show his awareness. Was that intentional or lack of interest? Its now Lewis all alone against the entire grid and if he wins this one this will be the best championship win in my view.