2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 20:59
etusch wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 20:47
Wouter wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 20:34

There is only one cap for sale. White and blue. I don't know the shop. I think soon there will be more.

https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/9139901 ... sunoda-hat

https://i.etsystatic.com/26147260/r/il/ ... 4_dt3m.jpg
it is made to order. Corrent stock is not important
What do you mean? It isn't made to order. The cap is in stock in two colors.
With: "There is only one cap for sale", I meant that there is currently only one type for sale anywhere. :wink:
That is first you buy it then he/she produce and send you.

Wouter

etusch wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 23:12
Wouter wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 20:59
etusch wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 20:47

it is made to order. Corrent stock is not important
What do you mean? It isn't made to order. The cap is in stock in two colors.
With: "There is only one cap for sale", I meant that there is currently only one type for sale anywhere. :wink:
That is first you buy it then he/she produce and send you.
Yes, I know what "It is made to order" means, but that is not the case here.
They have lots of caps in stock. :)
They are all handmade, but the caps have been in the shop for a long time, long before you order one.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Zynerji wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 13:45
I want a Yuki AT cap... Where to find? Not in Official store....
alphataurif1

Ready to go #FullGAS in 2021? ⛽ represent #10 in style with the brand new @pierregasly driver wear! Link in bio 👆

alberthaf1
Looks good, but when will we see finally the Yuki wear? Much fans will have a Yuki cap.
And he has already a lot of fans!
1 u.

redbullshop@ redbullshop

@alberthaf1 Yuki gear is coming soon ☺️
5 min.

The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

Wouter wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 12:53
Zynerji wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 13:45
I want a Yuki AT cap... Where to find? Not in Official store....
alphataurif1

Ready to go #FullGAS in 2021? ⛽ represent #10 in style with the brand new @pierregasly driver wear! Link in bio 👆

alberthaf1
Looks good, but when will we see finally the Yuki wear? Much fans will have a Yuki cap.
And he has already a lot of fans!
1 u.

redbullshop@ redbullshop

@alberthaf1 Yuki gear is coming soon ☺️
5 min.

Sweet!

I need 4 of these now, BTW. I now have 3 simping, teen-aged daughters that need one too...🙄😂

Snorked
Snorked

Tost says Tsunoda had a good amount of fuel on board during his fastest lap, he could have done at least 15 more laps.
With a time of 1:29:053, the Japanese driver set the second-best time behind Red Bull driver Max Verstappen (1:28:960) after three eventful days - albeit with a little DRS trick. Because Tsunoda opened this clearly between 100 and 200 meters before the actual activation line, which is allowed in the test drives, however.

That's another reason why AlphaTauri team boss Franz Tost doesn't want to hang the strong impression from the test drives too high for now, as he told Sky.

Tost praises Tsunoda

"Yuki is still a rookie. The DRS normally goes automatically. He activated it too early in the tests. He won't do that in the future. Also, we have to be careful: We don't know exactly how much fuel the other teams were running on. But the fact is that our car is working quite well. Both drivers are in good shape, Yuki Tsunoda in particular was convincing."

But regardless of the other teams and the amount of fuel they carried, Tsunoda's lap time is an exclamation point toward the competition, especially since Tost reveals that the car was not empty on the lap in question. "There was already fuel on board. We could have added at least another ten to 15 laps."
https://sport.sky.de/formel1/artikel/fo ... 9987/34270

holeindalip
holeindalip

Snorked wrote:
20 Mar 2021, 18:19
Tost says Tsunoda had a good amount of fuel on board during his fastest lap, he could have done at least 15 more laps.
With a time of 1:29:053, the Japanese driver set the second-best time behind Red Bull driver Max Verstappen (1:28:960) after three eventful days - albeit with a little DRS trick. Because Tsunoda opened this clearly between 100 and 200 meters before the actual activation line, which is allowed in the test drives, however.

That's another reason why AlphaTauri team boss Franz Tost doesn't want to hang the strong impression from the test drives too high for now, as he told Sky.

Tost praises Tsunoda

"Yuki is still a rookie. The DRS normally goes automatically. He activated it too early in the tests. He won't do that in the future. Also, we have to be careful: We don't know exactly how much fuel the other teams were running on. But the fact is that our car is working quite well. Both drivers are in good shape, Yuki Tsunoda in particular was convincing."

But regardless of the other teams and the amount of fuel they carried, Tsunoda's lap time is an exclamation point toward the competition, especially since Tost reveals that the car was not empty on the lap in question. "There was already fuel on board. We could have added at least another ten to 15 laps."
https://sport.sky.de/formel1/artikel/fo ... 9987/34270
He was also using extended drs so nothing of what we saw is representative...

Wouter

WOW! Gasly is in a beautiful house in the Maldives to recharge the battery before the season starts.

To get an idea here is a general video. Beautiful, breathtaking !!

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Macklaren
Macklaren

brilliant write up. heartbreaking to read, Pierre will no doubt win many new fans after this. Hope Marko doesn't torch him though

Singabule
Singabule

What a breathtaking story, thanks to bring this up! :)

skoop
skoop

Thank you ver much for sharing this!

While I found it a very interesting read, I couldn't help but wonder: Is Gasly being smart here with accusing Red Bull of not supporting him? Why is he bringing this up now? He *could* (and that's a big could) try to get out of Red Bull and switch teams or does he feel like preassuring Red Bull into noticing him again?

Of course all of this is just pure speculation, but I can't help wondering about this story

Wouter

skoop wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 09:50

While I found it a very interesting read, I couldn't help but wonder: Is Gasly being smart here with accusing Red Bull of not supporting him? Why is he bringing this up now? He *could* (and that's a big could) try to get out of Red Bull and switch teams or does he feel like preassuring Red Bull into noticing him again?

Of course all of this is just pure speculation, but I can't help wondering about this story

The Power of Dreams!

skoop
skoop

Wouter wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 12:47
skoop wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 09:50

I'll grab a grain of salt and head over to the rumor kitchen :)

Thanks a lot for sharing those tweets, I haven't been aware of this!

ispano6

That would open the door for Albon to come back to Alpha Tauri too. Hopefully Pierre will still drive to the fullest potential of the package and help Alpha Tauri beat Alpine in this year's championship.

MKlaus
MKlaus

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/the-d ... content=uk
The DRS trick behind Tsunoda’s standout F1 Bahrain test lap times

Some eagle-eyed TV viewers and users on Reddit's F1 subsection spotted that Tsunoda appeared to be opening DRS far, far earlier than normal during his final qualifying simulations.

The final DRS zone in Bahrain on the main straight started 170m from the exit of Turn 15 last year. In the image from the above tweet, that is in line with the blue Aramco sign, showing just how much earlier Tsunoda had DRS activated.

It was not limited to a single lap, either, with the onboards showing that Tsunoda was regularly activating the DRS flap on the left-hand side of his steering wheel as soon as he got the car straightened up at the exit of the Turn 14/15 final complex.

The data also points to a much earlier DRS usage than typically permitted. Tsunoda comfortably topped the speed trap on the final day of pre-season testing with a top speed of 322 km/h, finishing 3 km/h clear of Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc in second place.

McLaren’s Lando Norris also made a cheeky comment on Instagram at the end of the day after Tsunoda posted that he had a “very smooth day with both race sims and short runs”. Norris commented: “How’s the DRS” along with the laughing face emoji.