2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Starscreamer wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 15:28
https://img.gptoday.eu/x/full/photos/60 ... b0a0c0.jpg

Hope this will be the new livery [-o<
I think this depends a bit on what shade of blue Alpine is going to run with.

If we take the livery that Alpine is shown to have in the junior formula livery, which i personally think is what to expect (i'd be surprised to see a classic 'baby blue' blue), then i would be inclined to believe RedBull would desire to make sure there is no confusion between them and Alpine,
and go for a different shade of blue.

This could lead them to go with the 'Light' cans colour combinations, or for a vastly darker matte blue like AlphaTauri is running.

Concidering Alpine's probable livery, i thus really doubt the RBR livery for 2021 will look anything like that Ferrari.
However, if Alpine does actually run that classic soft babyblue, then it actually IS possible.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

_cerber1

Off topic

the EDGE
the EDGE

At last, a proper explanation of what is going on with the proposed engine freeze sage

https://www.racefans.net/2021/02/03/red ... nt-4585679

ispano6

The token system in the beginning and upgrade system has limited Honda from being able to bring updates that it needed. The problem with the current system is that the development curve is restricted and PU manufacturers aren't allowed to catch up. If there is to be balance of PU power let the PU manufacturers put as much as they want into improving the performance if the customer teams are willing to fund it. Find the funding and sponsorship.
A freeze isn't going to improve the sport, healthy competition will, and it's not by just having the teams use the most powerful engine that is locked in.
If the freeze doesn't happen, I believe Honda will make a way to ensure Red Bull stays competitive post 2022.

etusch

when it come to budget cap engine manufacturers are acted like they are outside of f1. But when it comes to update it is restricted as they are in f1

godlameroso

etusch wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 19:49
when it come to budget cap engine manufacturers are acted like they are outside of f1. But when it comes to update it is restricted as they are in f1
Exactly, it makes reducing costs impossible, because the engine manufacturers can keep pouring unlimited resources outside the budget cap into the engine.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 21:36
etusch wrote:
Exactly, it makes reducing costs impossible, because the engine manufacturers can keep pouring unlimited resources outside the budget cap into the engine.
with unlimited engine side development, engine side becomes more front to seek development. so additional expense will be there when chassis side is limited,

Tizz

This looks like an old discussion. Budget caps have been discussed a while without seeing how it would really work. Isn't that the reason they kept regulations stable just to limit the gains of pouring in money i engine development ? And now they are trying to limit the gains by simplifying the engine concept so there is less complexity and therefor fewer optimisations to research ?

the EDGE
the EDGE

etusch wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 11:44
godlameroso wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 21:36
etusch wrote:
with unlimited engine side development, engine side becomes more front to seek development. so additional expense will be there when chassis side is limited,
Engine development is restricted through the use of a resources restriction agreement which for example limits the numbers of test benches, the total time test benches can be used a year etcetera, much the same way as things like wind tunnels & cfd are controlled

godlameroso

True but are there restrictions in place for staff, for materials testing, part manufacturing, what about engine part suppliers? What about fuel and lubricants? Are they subject to resource restrictions?
Saishū kōnā

diffuser

Pretty Certain that with a completely new PU scheduled to come out next year for Renault, they're not going to buy into the freeze. If they do, it will be with an allowance of virtually unscrutinized reliability upgrades. That opens up a whole new can of worms wit hthe other teams.... The thing with reliability upgrades is they often come with performance increases.

Has the leaving of Abitboul started to open a oppotunity fo the reteaming of Renault & RBR? or a new team of RBR and Apline?

Racer X

Very off topic but also welcomed can you share a bit of the history of that photograph?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

lio007

Racer X wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 20:49
Very off topic but also welcomed can you share a bit of the history of that photograph?
I think this is Helmut Marko. In 1970, he was competing as a Porsche works driver for the Martini Racing team.

diffuser

lio007 wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 21:15
Racer X wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 20:49
I think this is Helmut Marko. In 1970, he was competing as a Porsche works driver for the Martini Racing team.

Far left with Sunglasses ...Mick Jagger.

Wouter

Yesterday and today there has been a lot of snow in the Netherlands. There was a lot of wind
which caused snow dunes. This was also the case at Circuit Zandvoort. This does not happen often there.
Former F1 driver Robert Doornbos was today at Circuit Zandvoort with a buggy in the snow
and Melissa Peperkamp - Red bull athlete with a snowboard! They had a lot of fun.

Last edited by Wouter on 09 Feb 2021, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!