2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sieper wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 17:07
I hope so. That Max got the WDC lead here is a big surprise, Mercedes was way faster. Good job by both RBR drivers and good and fair defending also by Yuki.
Do you really think it was a big suprise given LH engine Penalty?

For me, the only way LH retains the lead is if something bad happened to Max in Turkey, and it didn't. What maybe should have happened was instead of 6 points, the gap would be 1 or 2 in Max's favour.

As for the car.. It's hard to tell if they have gotten weaker and Mercedes stronger. What is clear is the Ferrari and Mercedes engines are stronger at this stage than the Honda units. The setup on the RB16 is showing the same issue, understeer that Max does not like, but comes towards Perez.
It's anyone's guess what happens at COTA. If it's dry I think a podium for both can happen again. I do not know how well Bottas drives there.
The dark horse is Ferrari again, and maybe Mclaren.
For Sure!!

godlameroso

Austin is more like Bahrain, if you were fast there you'll be fast in Austin. The corners are very similar, it's also generally in a higher speed range, right where the RB16B comes into its own. The next 3 tracks should favor RBR and the final 3 should favor Mercedes.
Saishū kōnā

Gillian
Gillian

godlameroso wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 16:59
It was just the nature of the track, the waterblasting and smooth surface benefitted Mercedes. There's no such luxury in Austin, Moto GP doesn't want to go back unless the track is resurfaced, and water blasting it won't eliminate the bumps nor is there enough time to repave the track even if they wanted to or could. Plus they can dial back the rear wing a bit in Austin which should give the team a better balance with the car.
I hope you are right for Red Bull and Verstappen. Big pace difference on display today.

Gillian
Gillian

godlameroso wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 17:42
Austin is more like Bahrain, if you were fast there you'll be fast in Austin. The corners are very similar, it's also generally in a higher speed range, right where the RB16B comes into its own. The next 3 tracks should favor RBR and the final 3 should favor Mercedes.
I agree on that but don't forget to factor in what has happened since Bahrain... Upgrades and different tires.

Gillian
Gillian

ringo wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 17:39
Sieper wrote:
I hope so. That Max got the WDC lead here is a big surprise, Mercedes was way faster. Good job by both RBR drivers and good and fair defending also by Yuki.

For me, the only way LH retains the lead is if something bad happened to Max in Turkey, and it didn't. What maybe should have happened was instead of 6 points, the gap would be 1 or 2 in Max's favour.

As for the car.. It's hard to tell if they have gotten weaker and Mercedes stronger. What is clear is the Ferrari and Mercedes engines are stronger at this stage than the Honda units. The setup on the RB16 is showing the same issue, understeer that Max does not like, but comes towards Perez.
It's anyone's guess what happens at COTA. If it's dry I think a podium for both can happen again. I do not know how well Bottas drives there.
This is not true. Perez complained about understeer and too much grip on the rear, just like Verstappen.

Mr.S
Mr.S

Austin is a Mercedes track, not as much as Monza or Sochi but atleast as much as Turkey. Mercedes will be 2-3 tenths ahead comfortably. Mercedes has always won in Austin except maybe when Ferrari had that illegal engine. Another issue is during Bahrain, Merc & RB were tied in race pace of sorts (Now Mercedes have a tenth or 2)..

The track requires good engine power & straightline speed. I don't see Max winning the WDC unless RB brings upgrades worth 2 tenths which is the gap to Mercedes. I also think people are over-estimating Brazil, RB will @ best be marginally ahead like Zandvoord & it will be a race where Mercedes will be competitive. Mexico on the other hand should be advantage Mercedes. Even if Max wins Mexico & Brazil (& loses USA), Saudi/Qatar should also uphold the 2 tenths advantage.

RB needs updates. There are 6 races to go !

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

In my opinion if Red Bull don’t bring a significant upgrade(s) it will be really tough to win the WDC. I think the WCC is probably already unrealistic. Mercedes are beginning to really look like the dominant force again.

If Azerbaijan, Great Britain, and Hungary hadn’t panned out the way they did Max would likely be in a comfy position.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

ringo

Mr.S wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 18:02
Austin is a Mercedes track, not as much as Monza or Sochi but atleast as much as Turkey. Mercedes will be 2-3 tenths ahead comfortably. Mercedes has always won in Austin except maybe when Ferrari had that illegal engine. Another issue is during Bahrain, Merc & RB were tied in race pace of sorts (Now Mercedes have a tenth or 2)..

The track requires good engine power & straightline speed. I don't see Max winning the WDC unless RB brings upgrades worth 2 tenths which is the gap to Mercedes. I also think people are over-estimating Brazil, RB will @ best be marginally ahead like Zandvoord & it will be a race where Mercedes will be competitive. Mexico on the other hand should be advantage Mercedes. Even if Max wins Mexico & Brazil (& loses USA), Saudi/Qatar should also uphold the 2 tenths advantage.

I think this very much your opinion, but I guess no reason to convince you otherwise. To you it's as if Mercedes are fast everywhere with no weaknesses.
For Sure!!

etusch

superb defence from checo =D> =D>

etusch

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

zibby43
zibby43

godlameroso wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 15:38
RB will be stronger in COTA, back in the championship lead and the double podium eats into Mercedes constructor's lead, good race all things considered.
Mercedes extended their lead in the WCC today.

godlameroso wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 16:59
It was just the nature of the track, the waterblasting and smooth surface benefitted Mercedes.
The surface wasn’t smooth. It was smooth last year, and Merc couldn’t generate tire temp.

The water-blasting made the surface grippier and more abrasive.
Last edited by zibby43 on 10 Oct 2021, 21:25, edited 3 times in total.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Mr.S wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 18:02

It is to late for updates. The car is balanced, the setup is understandable. Any new aero parts will need some testmiles first and learn the team how to change the setup, to make it work.

Also no more power updates, as they are not adding new engines to the pool.

It is up to the drivers now.

Big Tea

ringo wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 17:39
Sieper wrote:

The thing here is that if Merc are faster or equal to RBR and Hamilton in front, Bottas should be in between Ham and Ves while the second RBR does not usually get there when Max wins.
I know this has not been working well, but we may see Bottas Mk48 after his win today.

TBH, the wet races add excitement, but I am getting fed up with them as we do not know where everyone is in reality
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

wowgr8
wowgr8

RB need/needed a season as short as the last to hope for the championship. Right now it looks bleak I'm afraid, Mercedes are annihilating Red Bull on the straights, Qatar and Abu Dhabi will be bloody among the rest. Also Perez is not dependable at all and I believe if Verstappen had a fast, consistent rear gunner he'd still have a good cushion in the drivers championship. Max has to win both Mexico and Brazil and have Perez come second, then also hope for some Mercedes screw up somewhere else to have a shot at the championship, IMO