2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ME4ME wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 22:55
godlameroso wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 22:31
Why do you assume he waited 7 years, or that Mercedes and now Red Bull are the only ones with such a "invention"? I can almost guarantee there's 1 more team out there who's had it for a while. A team perhaps with not the fastest car, but always seems to make up places during the pit windows.
So along comes this guy, anonymous and with a vague story about his invention that will bring RBH the title.
Most people are still making their minds up. But you, you buy into it to the extent that you almost guarantee that another team has it? :D
Why not? If the "invention" preserves tires, there's at least one team out there that's particularly kind on its tires for some reason or another. It's fun to speculate. Besides what else is there to talk about. Sure it may be hogwash, or it may be spot on, who cares.

Whether it's right or not he's not selling you anything, I wouldn't make any financial decisions based off what I read on the internet.
Saishū kōnā

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

godlameroso wrote:
FittingMechanics wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 22:11
Slo Poke, why did you wait 7 years to share your "invention" with any other team?
Why do you assume he waited 7 years, or that Mercedes and now Red Bull are the only ones with such a "invention"? I can almost guarantee there's 1 more team out there who's had it for a while. A team perhaps with not the fastest car, but always seems to make up places during the pit windows.
Slo Poke himself said he sent the "invention" to Brackley two races prior to end of 2013. - "The invention was originally sent in to Brackely two races prior to end of 2013 mainly because I became very seriously ill and in desperation I unloaded to them, for which I received a ‘now piss off’ reply. "

And then he said that after Austria last year, he sent it to Red Bull: - "Directly after the Austrian race last year, I sent in to RedBull Racing information pertaining to an invention that I created. No-one else created it, I did. That is how I know the Honda engine and the electrification of it will, coupled with Mr. Newey’s supremacy with chassis’s, provide you and I with proper formula one racing this year."

By my calculation, that is a 7 year wait.

Let's just say I am highly skeptical of the claims Slo Poke is making.

Farsari
Farsari

godlameroso wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 22:57
ME4ME wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 22:55
godlameroso wrote:
So along comes this guy, anonymous and with a vague story about his invention that will bring RBH the title.
Most people are still making their minds up. But you, you buy into it to the extent that you almost guarantee that another team has it? :D
Why not? If the "invention" preserves tires, there's at least one team out there that's particularly kind on its tires for some reason or another. It's fun to speculate. Besides what else is there to talk about. Sure it may be hogwash, or it may be spot on, who cares.

Whether it's right or not he's not selling you anything, I wouldn't make any financial decisions based off what I read on the internet.
Don’t waste your energy on these guys. They’re just trolls that claim a lot of incoherent nonsense without any source. Instead, just focus on the fruitful discussions on here.

Wouter

Being skeptical is fine, after all we never know who is behind a nickname. But, I have seen some very nasty messages here regarding @SloPoke in recent days, while it may just be that he is telling the truth.
Most know how @Wazari fared here. He was completely laughed at by some and called a liar. Each time it turned out that all the information was correct, but the result was that he did not post anything anymore because of all the accusations.
Sad, very sad. Now most of us are missing him.
Give someone the opportunity to share things with us and decide for yourself if it could be true. Why immediately convict someone and accuse him of anything and everything, when you don't know at all whether it is correct or not?
Suppose RBR and Honda have many successes this year and become champions, which almost everyone thinks that will not happen, is everyone kind enough to say that he could have been right after all?
The Power of Dreams!

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Wouter wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 23:43
Being skeptical is fine, after all we never know who is behind a nickname. But, I have seen some very nasty messages here regarding @SloPoke in recent days, while it may just be that he is telling the truth.
Most know how @Wazari fared here. He was completely laughed at by some and called a liar. Each time it turned out that all the information was correct, but the result was that he did not post anything anymore because of all the accusations.
Give someone the opportunity to share things with us and decide for yourself if it could be true. Why immediately convict someone and accuse him of anything and everything, when you don't know at all whether it is correct or not?
Suppose RBR and Honda have many successes this year and become champions, which almost everyone thinks that will not happen, is everyone kind enough to say that he could have been right after all?
If RBR has many successes this year, it offers no proof that he was right. Anyone can make that prediction, hell most of the fans of RBR are predicting it already. It does not mean they sent an "innovation" to Red Bull that Red Bull managed to integrate in half a year. We are not in stone age where an idea can improve things immensely , cars are incredibly complex and to think that an outsider can give a competitive advantage to Mercedes for 7 years and then send it to Red Bull is not something that's possible.

But my question stands, if he sent it to Mercedes 7 years ago, why didn't he share this innovation with any other team for last 7 years sparing us this era of Mercedes domination?

In one comment he said that innovation is worth billions. I'd love to see elaboration how a technical innovation in F1 can be worth billions.

Dee
Dee

FittingMechanics wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 23:55
Wouter wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 23:43
If RBR has many successes this year, it offers no proof that he was right. Anyone can make that prediction, hell most of the fans of RBR are predicting it already. It does not mean they sent an "innovation" to Red Bull that Red Bull managed to integrate in half a year. We are not in stone age where an idea can improve things immensely , cars are incredibly complex and to think that an outsider can give a competitive advantage to Mercedes for 7 years and then send it to Red Bull is not something that's possible.

But my question stands, if he sent it to Mercedes 7 years ago, why didn't he share this innovation with any other team for last 7 years sparing us this era of Mercedes domination?

In one comment he said that innovation is worth billions. I'd love to see elaboration how a technical innovation in F1 can be worth billions.
Because he may have been getting paid by them as an independent contractor, Merc had to let a lot of them go last year because of the budget cap

TNTHead

Wow, coming back from my F1 hybernation and what do I find! A thread more alive than during race weekends!

Poke things up with some mysterious comments, I see it as a sophisticated way of getting attraction. Torn apart between Wouters comment to give it the benefit of doubt and trolling...who knows
If it wasn't that vague it would be helpful.

But then again it is entertaining :D

senja
senja

Slo Poke wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 20:22

Mr. Newey is a Guru all-rounder. An innovator second to no-one, why else would Mercedes not want to sell them their engines. I’ll tell you why! Because he would know within two laps that the engine in his car was not quite the same as those in a Merc car.
So, it's an engine trick, which others with Mercedes engine not have? Any chance that Aston Martin could have it this year?

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

TNTHead wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 00:16
Wow, coming back from my F1 hybernation and what do I find! A thread more alive than during race weekends!

Poke things up with some mysterious comments, I see it as a sophisticated way of getting attraction. Torn apart between Wouters comment to give it the benefit of doubt and trolling...who knows
If it wasn't that vague it would be helpful.

But then again it is entertaining :D
It will be when the racing begins.

GhostF1
GhostF1

We have to be sceptical.... It would be insane not to be. And Slo Poke, it may surprise you to know, I'm actually very calm, this has entertained me greatly!

What I don't understand is that when this apparent "game changing invention that is solely his design" was first dilvulged it was insinuated it was related to only Honda and it's 2021 power unit and it was this "silver bullet" that has "fixed" the engine for 2021... (Curious, I'm keen to hear this). I'm pretty iffy of this because it was claimed people should stop attributing the 2021 PU performance jump to Honda, but rather to an unnamed outside source and only this outside source.. Apart from that being an explosive claim, it's also pretty dishonourable. There are those that know otherwise on here...

Now suddenly it's being insinuated this "invention" is to do with the "Diff Magic" setting/device Mercedes has on their car.. but only after a few of us took a guess?? And that it's now on RBR's car and is what will give them a championship because of a letter one person sent regarding this invention?? So is it Honda HRD in Sakura you "helped" or is it RBR in Milton Keynes?
Call me crazy but this sounds a little fortune teller.. in that someone is reaching and changing their story based on surrounding factors or suggestions.

Don't take it personally Slo Poke, but if I started admitting on here what the RA621H changes were, in detail, I'd expect to be met with disbelief and criticism. As is the nature of discussion focused forums. If you come clean about this thing in the future and there is evidence, I'll eat my words no problem, I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong.

As for members forcing Wazari out. That was unfortunate and it should of been handled better, he was never a mystic and a lot of things he said were interesting and valuable additions to the forum, never vague and never did he say things that would hurt a companies reputation or even attempt to take credit away where it is due.
Especially when one is claiming things in the hope no one else here may know otherwise..
Last edited by GhostF1 on 10 Mar 2021, 00:46, edited 2 times in total.

GhostF1
GhostF1

senja wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 00:33
Slo Poke wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 20:22

Mr. Newey is a Guru all-rounder. An innovator second to no-one, why else would Mercedes not want to sell them their engines. I’ll tell you why! Because he would know within two laps that the engine in his car was not quite the same as those in a Merc car.
So, it's an engine trick, which others with Mercedes engine not have? Any chance that Aston Martin could have it this year?
This is also very illegal and against all regulations by the way, Mercedes could be stripped of their titles if this were true. So that accusation is a pretty serious one Slo Poke!

Chuckjr

I really hope you’re right Slo Poke because a competitive sharp end would be a welcome change. I’m tired of the driver championship being a walk. It’s really old after 7 years of pyrrhic victories.
Watching F1 since 1986.

ispano6

As a Honda fan, I've come to expect that Honda would publish their failures and successes and attribute and credit them truthfully (obviously in later years after the fact). Being bilingual I've had the benefit of being able to ingest European press and Japanese publications ( notably non-web-based ones ), to try and understand the truth of the situation. I believe that when you are privy to highly secretive information in this sport and if you divulge those secrets, you either will lose the trust of your source or be in breach of contract. Those who want to share the information must do so in riddles or be cryptic, and will be coy about it. In that sense, just like how what is "lost in translation" can greatly alter the nuances of the truth, diction is both protective yet meaningful. All one can do is put together the various pieces and deduce what is likely happening, and I for one take things with a grain of salt, unless published, and set my expectations accordingly.

What is a silver bullet? "Something that acts as a magical weapon especially : one that instantly solves a long-standing problem". In this case, it's supposedly related to the electrification of the Honda PU.

In truth it requires many innovations that culminate into a championship dominating effort, not just one. I expect to read about it in a future publication.

edit: (The confidence and optimism for the season is nonetheless hopeful)

GhostF1
GhostF1

ispano6 wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 00:55
As a Honda fan, I've come to expect that Honda would publish their failures and successes and attribute and credit them truthfully (obviously in later years after the fact). Being bilingual I've had the benefit of being able to ingest European press and Japanese publications ( notably non-web-based ones ), to try and understand the truth of the situation. I believe that when you are privy to highly secretive information in this sport and if you divulge those secrets, you either will lose the trust of your source or be in breach of contract. Those who want to share the information must do so in riddles or be cryptic, and will be coy about it. In that sense, just like how what is "lost in translation" can greatly alter the nuances of the truth, diction is both protective yet meaningful. All one can do is put together the various pieces and deduce what is likely happening, and I for one take things with a grain of salt, unless published, and set my expectations accordingly.

What is a silver bullet? "Something that acts as a magical weapon especially : one that instantly solves a long-standing problem". In this case, it's supposedly related to the electrification of the Honda PU.

In truth it requires many innovations that culminate into a championship dominating effort, not just one. I expect to read about it in a future publication.
My thoughts entirely.
But also.. let's not forget the 2021 PU was a fast tracked 2022 design.. one that was put on the backburner thanks to COVID but Honda put in the resources to bring it forward and the decision to do this was made around Mugello.
If this one thing is PU related and could be implemented that fast (less than 3 months) to a Power Unit that wasn't going to see life in 2021 and has technology Honda have said they've been working on for a couple of years now, I'd be amazed.

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

Chuckjr wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 00:53
I really hope you’re right Slo Poke because a competitive sharp end would be a welcome change. I’m tired of the driver championship being a walk. It’s really old after 7 years of pyrrhic victories.
It will be! That I promise.