2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

JRindt wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:19
mwillems wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:14
Szabi1112 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:13
We cant trust Lando on Q3. We need a good Riccardo
One less than brilliant session doesn't deserve that, surely?
I wouldn’t mind if it’s a one off. But, it’s been a running theme for Lando, even from last year. This year, it’s the 4th Q3 out of 4, where he didn’t extract the maximum.

For once, I wish the team would put him on fresh tyres for the first run #-o
You should count Bahrain in it too. He said himself that he wasn't happy with his last run in Q3. Heck, the fact that Daniel outqualified him then when he is so obviously not at his best with his car is proof of that.

proteus

CjC wrote:
Just poor again.
Lando won’t be in the top 3 drivers on the grid if he continues these quali balls ups
🤦 Have you really expected he is going to be? Merc and RedBull have .5 to a second faster car and you think he has a remote chance.... Bottas and Perez have far better machinery to be in top 4 and sooner or latter will start to cash the performance in.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

proteus

Lots of keyboard warriors giving their wast knowledge on display today...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Macklaren
Macklaren

So far this year, feels like Ferrari are doing what McLaren did last year - executing really well on Saturday but going slightly backwards on Sunday as the true pace of the car is revealed over the race. McLaren this year are doing what RP were doing last year - messing up quali but the car is fast enough to make up for it on Sunday

Seerix
Seerix

Ric missed the flag by couple of seconds, there were too many cars bunched up in front of him. At least his times were pretty good IMO. Closer than previous quali sessions.
Lando just had poor Q3... not much to say
Starting positions are not great, let's make the best of it tomorrow.

Herr_Koos

At least both cars are in the top 10. They're both excellent racers, and with good starts and some strong race pace, we can certainly make up places tomorrow.

CjC
CjC

proteus wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:21
CjC wrote:
Just poor again.
Lando won’t be in the top 3 drivers on the grid if he continues these quali balls ups
🤦 Have you really expected he is going to be? Merc and RedBull have .5 to a second faster car and you think he has a remote chance.... Bottas and Perez have far better machinery to be in top 4 and sooner or latter will start to cash the performance in.
I wasn’t literally meaning ‘on the grid’ for tomorrow’s race.

I mean the top 3 drivers on the grid for quality as a whole. Hamilton, Verstappen and Leclerc are the top 3 and not doubt will all be world drivers champions.
I’m struggling to see Lando in that group biased on his qualifying performances this season
Just a fan's point of view

CjC
CjC

SmallSoldier wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:20
Szabi1112 wrote:We cant trust Lando on Q3. We need a good Riccardo
I get it that we are all pretty passionate about F1 and the team... But, the amount of negativity after a bad session after the best start to a season from the team seems unjustified.

Suddenly Lando can’t be trusted in Q3? Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The stats back it up though.
Lando is having a great season but has been out qualified by Danny Ric every time this season they have both made in into Q3.
Lando has a problem or a jinx with Q3.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

2021 Mclaren F1 Team

CjC wrote:
proteus wrote:
CjC wrote:
Just poor again.
Have you really expected he is going to be? Merc and RedBull have .5 to a second faster car and you think he has a remote chance.... Bottas and Perez have far better machinery to be in top 4 and sooner or latter will start to cash the performance in.

I mean the top 3 drivers on the grid for quality as a whole. Hamilton, Verstappen and Leclerc are the top 3 and not doubt will all be world drivers champions.
I’m struggling to see Lando in that group biased on his qualifying performances this season
So, making mistakes eliminates you from been considered in the top 3?... I mean, under that point of view I’m afraid you need to take Leclerc out since he has made plenty of mistakes (taking out his team mate in Austria last season been a pretty big one)... Max crashing in Monaco on his way to his first pole?.

We get it, you don’t like Norris.

We have a driver that definitely has the speed, that I will argue is getting a lot from a car that it’s not “great” and that is probably very hard to drive at the limit... The fact that he extracts as much of it here and there is actually a testament to how good of a driver he is... Both drivers have came out and said that the car still have some weaknesses and they are driving around those... The fact that they are so far from Mercedes and Red Bull on race pace shows how great some of those Quali laps are to be so close.

Last edited by SmallSoldier on 08 May 2021, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

bauc

Afterall a solid Q3, both cars start on the clean side so that is a plus for tomorrow.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

CjC wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:20
Szabi1112 wrote:We cant trust Lando on Q3. We need a good Riccardo
I get it that we are all pretty passionate about F1 and the team... But, the amount of negativity after a bad session after the best start to a season from the team seems unjustified.

Suddenly Lando can’t be trusted in Q3? Wow.

The stats back it up though.
Lando is having a great season but has been out qualified by Danny Ric every time this season they have both made in into Q3.
Lando has a problem or a jinx with Q3.
Yes, the history books will say that Dani has outqualified Lando in 3 out of 4 qualifying sessions... But, it is clear that Lando is “faster” than Daniel right now and that’s what matters for me and he has showed that so far this season.

Jordaann10
Jordaann10

Shame about the Haas ruining Landos lap in Q1, that would have meant he had two fresh sets for Q3 right?

CjC
CjC

SmallSoldier wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:44
CjC wrote:
proteus wrote:

Have you really expected he is going to be? Merc and RedBull have .5 to a second faster car and you think he has a remote chance.... Bottas and Perez have far better machinery to be in top 4 and sooner or latter will start to cash the performance in.

So, making mistakes eliminates you from been considered in the top 3?... I mean, under that point of view I’m afraid you need to take Leclerc out since he has made plenty of mistakes (taking out his team mate in Austria last season been a pretty big one)... Max crashing in Monaco on his way to his first pole?.

We have a driver that definitely has the speed, that I will argue is getting a lot from a car that it’s not “great” and that is probably very hard to drive at the limit... The fact that he extracts as much of it here and there is actually a testament to how good of a driver he is... Both drivers have came out and said that the car still have some weaknesses and they are driving around those... The fact that they are so far from Mercedes and Red Bull on race pace shows how great some of those Quali laps are to be so close.

In my opinion 3 Q3 mistakes in a row does drop you out of said contention.
I don’t dislike Norris, I like the lad, I just have high standards, we all make mistakes but this is a theme.

Hard or not to drive, if he does a 17.8 in Q1, a 17.6 in Q2 we shouldn’t be happy with an 18 flat in Q3.

All the cars a hard to drive, but as professional athletes and drivers to need to perform. Every driver above Norris in quali bar Perez went faster from Q1 to Q2 to Q3.

the EDGE
the EDGE

CjC wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:07
SmallSoldier wrote:
CjC wrote:

I don’t dislike Norris, I like the lad, I just have high standards, we all make mistakes but this is a theme.

Hard or not to drive, if he does a 17.8 in Q1, a 17.6 in Q2 we shouldn’t be happy with an 18 flat in Q3.

All the cars a hard to drive, but as professional athletes and drivers to need to perform. Every driver above Norris in quali bar Perez went faster from Q1 to Q2 to Q3.
Do we even know what happens yet?

CjC
CjC

the EDGE wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:13
CjC wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:07
SmallSoldier wrote:

Do we even know what happens yet?
Yes!
It was the gravel!.....

https://www.racefans.net/2021/05/08/nor ... ali-today/

The same gravel that lewis hamilton encountered on his pole lap....