2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Lewis is flying. I hope he catches Leclerc to be honest. I don't want to wish bad luck to anyone. But really, they were really lucky to be in this position on the first place. With Leclerc at 2nd, at least they won't be getting that much out of the constructor's

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

That should be a penalty for Perez.

Darth-Piekus

Bravo Lewis. Very good drive.

Xero

Wow, what a race. That cuts ferrari advantage. Daniel doing an incredible job to keep Carlos behind here.

Emag
Emag

Nice, at least like this its like a 3 points swing. Not huge.

Xero

P4 and P5. Great result all things considered!

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Yeah that was good for the team. Damage limitation. That ferrari was lightning today

blastdoman
blastdoman

That last overtake goes very well to McLaren in Wcc

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Maybe we could have had a P3, Valtteri isn’t the best overtaker. A British GP podium would have been great for Lando. Hopefully next year. Good drive from both.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Darth-Piekus

Bravo to Lewis. The natural order has been restored. No way Leclerc should have that 1st place due to sheer luck. On another note very good race from both drivers and especially from Daniel for holding Sainz. Unlucky about the pit stop blunder as Lando has all the capability to hold Bottas. Still we only lost 3 points to Ferrari and that brings the difference to 16. Where is the next race?

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Xero wrote:P4 and P5. Great result all things considered!
Absolutely!!! Great points for the team… It’s clear that the Ferrari’s like the warmer temperatures… Their tyre management today was impressive impressive.

To come out P4 and P5 in a day where our competitors had a pace advantage, it’s a fantastic result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth-Piekus

SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:10
Xero wrote:P4 and P5. Great result all things considered!
Absolutely!!! Great points for the team… It’s clear that the Ferrari’s like the warmer temperatures… Their tyre management today was impressive impressive.

To come out P4 and P5 in a day where our competitors had a pace advantage, it’s a fantastic result

Was it colder in Austria?

haza
haza

On another note Norris p3 and 50-60 points away from the top 2 in the standings

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Darth-Piekus wrote:Bravo to Lewis. The natural order has been restored. No way Leclerc should have that 1st place due to sheer luck. On another note very good race from both drivers and especially from Daniel for holding Sainz. Unlucky about the pit stop blunder as Lando has all the capability to hold Bottas. Still we only lost 3 points to Ferrari and that brings the difference to 16. Where is the next race?
Why always the salty comments? Leclerc drove a great race… He took advantage of the incident in the first lap and managed to keep Lewis behind all of the first stint… They had a faster car today… Been a McLaren fan doesn’t mean not been gracious and acknowledging when the rivals do great.

Luck has also played in McLaren’s favor and it will play a role through the season… Just as we we were unlucky with Lando’s PitStop, we were lucky with Sainz… Who would have came in front of Daniel and probably pressured Lando if not for his issues also.

proteus

SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:15
Darth-Piekus wrote:Bravo to Lewis. The natural order has been restored. No way Leclerc should have that 1st place due to sheer luck. On another note very good race from both drivers and especially from Daniel for holding Sainz. Unlucky about the pit stop blunder as Lando has all the capability to hold Bottas. Still we only lost 3 points to Ferrari and that brings the difference to 16. Where is the next race?
Why always the salty comments? Leclerc drove a great race… He took advantage of the incident in the first lap and managed to keep Lewis behind all of the first stint… They had a faster car today… Been a McLaren fan doesn’t mean not been gracious and acknowledging when the rivals do great.

Luck has also played in McLaren’s favor and it will play a role through the season… Just as we we were unlucky with Lando’s PitStop, we were lucky with Sainz… Who would have came in front of Daniel and probably pressured Lando if not for his issues also.

Leclerc had the pace over Mclaren fair and square. Even though Ferrari are my arch enemy, i believe they deserved a win today. Lando great as allways and Daniel doing good.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows