2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisgr
chrisgr

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

CjC wrote:
Yea the car thread died of death ages ago.
I should I’ve said competitiveness I meant performance as in track performance.

Usually there is chat from Thursday to Monday morning on a race weekend about the sessions and race- just this weekend there still wasn't any track related chat till after FP2 and my point was it seems the buzz for this season seems to have died other than lamenting more poor performances😂
I can't really put it into words, but I get a feeling that the team has somehow "abandoned" this season for 3-4 races now. I am not saying they literally abandoned, but its what the results reflect. Along with many many unfortunate incidents.

_cerber1

runningmanz
runningmanz

Well Dan was looking really quick here in qualli. Gutted for him with that floor damage he deserved better. and should have been through on mediums to Q3. Just no luck at the moment. The car has some pace here Lando should have been a couple of places higher too but made a mistake in turn 22.

CjC
CjC

chrisgr wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 11:01
CjC wrote:
Yea the car thread died of death ages ago.
I should I’ve said competitiveness I meant performance as in track performance.

Usually there is chat from Thursday to Monday morning on a race weekend about the sessions and race- just this weekend there still wasn't any track related chat till after FP2 and my point was it seems the buzz for this season seems to have died other than lamenting more poor performances😂
I can't really put it into words, but I get a feeling that the team has somehow "abandoned" this season for 3-4 races now. I am not saying they literally abandoned, but its what the results reflect. Along with many many unfortunate incidents.
I think Sochi played a massive roll in morale.
Such a shame instead of what should have been riding a wave of back to back wins into the last quarter of the season it’s just all been doom and gloom really from the last 5 laps in Sochi to where we are today :roll:
Just a fan's point of view

mwillems

CjC wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 09:48
mwillems wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 08:46
Lando did a very honest interview and said the car had the pace for P4, but that the issue was that the driver didn't.
We’ve heard this too many times this season too #-o 😫
I think it probably happens a lot, with a lot of drivers, Lando is just honest about it and doesn't blame the car.

I don't doubt he has more to go in terms of development, but I guess you develop quicker if you are honest about what your issues are. I hope it bodes well for more driving development leaps and I guess we can look again at the end of next year.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

_cerber1 wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 11:23
What’s this about?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

CjC
CjC

Ground Effect wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 13:52
_cerber1 wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 11:23
What’s this about?
Basically saying that Mclaren are weaker than their direct rivals in the medium speed corners and any advantage Mclaren might have had in the high speed isn’t there because the high speed corners are full throttle, resulting in Ferrari and Alpha Tauri being faster then Mclaren. Again.
Just a fan's point of view

runningmanz
runningmanz

I get what Seidl is saying but we were still fairly quick in qualli but couldn't really show it for various reasons. The car is decent here it seems

mwillems

Yep, a good start means we could have a good race.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Let’s hope we have a good race! Strategy will be key since there most probably be a Safety Car / Virtual Safety Car

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Great start! Let’s see how things develop… Looking good so far

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Really like the alternative strategy for Daniel on Hards, which should pay off

Xero

SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 19:36
Great start! Let’s see how things develop… Looking good so far
Great start! Lando off the line better than anyone, had to back out of it. Daniel looking very handy on hards as you say.

Xero

Lando is really looking after his tyres. P6 the target for him, will be tough.

Good move from Daniel, on a charge!

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

The Hard tires are working really well actually… Sainz is flying… Ric now ahead of Gasly!… Lando seems to be managing the pace until he can unload those Soft tires