RIP Murray Walker, the voice of F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
El Scorchio

RIP Murray Walker, the voice of F1

Very sad news. 97 years old.

A motorsport and F1 legend.

NathanOlder

Re: RIP Murray Walker, the voice of F1

So so sad. RIP Murray. The legend of Lengends!

Unless I'm very much mistaken, he was the most recognizable voice in motorsport!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Unc1eM0nty

Just seen this on the news, very sad day, he was a true legend.

I remember listening to him when I was a nipper, his enthusiam for was one of the things that drew me to the sport.

97 is a good age, he's led a full life, RIP Murray

jjn9128

THE voice of F1. Coverage has been appreciably worse without him. He was so genuinely enthusiastic about the sport it was impossible not to get swept along with him.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Vasconia

I am very sad with his passing, for me Murray was the true voice of F1. I still remember the first time I watched some old videos with him as a commentator of the race. His combination of passion an knowledge was simply perfect. As I am from the Basque Country(Spain) I only could watch him on Youtube and some old videos sent by friends but he made a deep inmpression on my. I wish we could have a commentator like him.

McL-H
McL-H

A legend to our sport. I still really miss his commentary to the races. Rest in peace, Murray Walker.

Tom145145
Tom145145

Very sad to here of Murray Walkers passing, even after 2 decades of retirement he is still the voice of F1 for me. True fan of the sport and always showed genuine passion. RIP.

Nimrod

The voice of F1 who, alongside James Hunt, brought the excitement of F1 race action to life.
Todays commentators don't come close.
R.I.P. Murray.

BBC Obituary:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/56355693
Last edited by Nimrod on 13 Mar 2021, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

Mansell89
Mansell89

I can’t even begin to surmise how much of an impact this man had on the broadcasting of live motor racing. So many wonderful childhood memories of Sunday afternoons with his enthusiasm a primary reason of why I’m here following the sport today.

The way he handled Imola 94 was the true mark of the man- an enthusiasm for the sport like no other, but a heart full of compassion and a head that could calmly deliver the sorrow and emotion of that weekend to the world when he and we needed him most.

RIP Murray Walker- the voice of motorsport.

SiLo

He's done well to hit 97, and achieved so much in his life. It's sad to see him go, but he was a great man and had a positive influence on so many people around the world. He will always be the voice of F1 for me.
Felipe Baby!

bigblue

Well ... that's just massively sad. Inextricably linked to F1 to me, part of what drew me in, so much enthusiasm and excitement. Genius. Him and James Hunt in the commentary box. And so many quotes !

Shrieker

No one wants to go when the time is up, but alas, we must. RIP. He surely left his mark and will be remembered.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

hollus

He WILL BE REMEMBERED!
Go in peace, Murray.
Rivals, not enemies.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Murray Walker WAS F1 for me. I hope Liberty does something permanent to memorialize his name.

PlatinumZealot

Rest in power, Murrary Walker. He was commentating even before F1 existed. A Legend.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏