New Jeddah circuit

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

Re: New Jeddah circuit

Interesting, so they're using flat kerbs like in the F1 game? I'm guessing that is actually like the version they plan to use? At least put some sausage kerbs otherwise people are going to take extreme liberties with track limits. This also makes the banked hairpin a more extreme corner because you can get right up to the wall.
Saishū kōnā

Tim.Wright

Sausage curbs have already caused a couple of spine fractures this year. Hitting them at these speeds are likely to send the car into orbit over the Red Sea and into Sudan.
Not the engineer at Force India

ojlopez

For what I can see, it will be a boring race in terms of passing opportunities. Of course there are very high chances of the safety car to appear several times. I just hope we don't see any major accident here, it won't be any fun.

atanatizante

godlameroso wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 17:51
Interesting, so they're using flat kerbs like in the F1 game? I'm guessing that is actually like the version they plan to use? At least put some sausage kerbs otherwise people are going to take extreme liberties with track limits. This also makes the banked hairpin a more extreme corner because you can get right up to the wall.
I`ve watched both Jarno (e-racer?) and the medical car lap around here and I thought it`ll be tough running through some chicanes here due to the high kerbing ... but after seeing F2 practice all the fears were gone ... had I was wrong it`ll be down to how much RB could gain running smoothly on those chicanes (like it did in Mexico, when they gained 5 tenths on average over Merc in that second sector) and how much time could gain Merc due to the straights and top speed advantage ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

godlameroso

atanatizante wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 14:53
godlameroso wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 17:51
I`ve watched both Jarno (e-racer?) and the medical car lap around here and I thought it`ll be tough running through some chicanes here due to the high kerbing ... but after seeing F2 practice all the fears were gone ... had I was wrong it`ll be down to how much RB could gain running smoothly on those chicanes (like it did in Mexico, when they gained 5 tenths on average over Merc in that second sector) and how much time could gain Merc due to the straights and top speed advantage ...
It's looking tight, just what I wanted to see.
Saishū kōnā

siskue2005

ringo wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 22:30
siskue2005 wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 22:22
ringo wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 22:11
Crazy track. Very fast. Looks rear limited to me for high speed swooping corners. It has enough straights for the Mercedes powered cars to make up time, but I suspect tyre warming issues like in Baku. Redbull may run really well here.
With the many fast corners tyre heat up shouldn't be an issue
I was looking on the long straights that could maybe cool the tyres.
You were absolutely right and I was wrong. .. there indeed was tyre heating issues =D>

Please now give prediction for next race :P

wogx

Why the barriers in T13 are being repaired now?
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Mogster

Why is the safety car there? Is Massi using it as transport?

wogx

We've got 2 SC on track now, who is the second driver?
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

NL_Fer

wogx wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 16:26
Why the barriers in T13 are being repaired now?
Probably some rich Saudi drove his Lambo into the wall…

Mogster

F2 cars going to the F1 pits the wrong way round the track now behind SC.

wogx

Masi driving the second SC, without a helmet or racing suit, a bit uncommon view

wogx

Race Control announced formation lap starting at 18:00 local time, two minutes later they aborted the session

Edit: now the PL is open, that's confusing

Mogster

Red flag. Nasty incident on the start. Pourchaire stalled from P3 and rear ended by Fittipaldi at high speed.

piast9

I've seen no yellow flags waved for stalled Pourchaire. There were no replays yet but if I was right then this was a very poor piece of marshalling.
Edit - there were yellow lights but on the other side of the track than the stalled car...
Last edited by piast9 on 05 Dec 2021, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.