2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 - 18

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Big Tea

Re: 2021 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 16 -18

Not belittling the crash, (I know I would be bricking it,) but what sort of Gforces do the driver get when for instance grounding the 'plank' on a kerb?
I know the duration is as much as the intensity, but just curious
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

jurinius
jurinius

Emotions aside when he started we all knew how it will finish. As a fan if my favourite remains on the track I am the winner. The racing incident should be judged by fact not by rules interpretations => onboard camera + telemetry reports.

It is a lesson for both drivers, they will probably start respecting each other track advantage. Lets just move on
Last edited by jurinius on 19 Jul 2021, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
“And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.”
― Ayrton Senna

Mattchu

Bandit1216 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 10:07
Hmmmm.

As a Dutch guy, and obviously a Max fan, I think it's just an accident. The FIA decided it was more Lewis' fault, so he got a penalty. I just hope it's not title defining in the end. There was room enough, and Lewis just got a bit more understeer then he anticipated. One of the first things he did, was ask whether Max was oké. Indeed Max himself pulled of more dangerous things in the past. When it works you are brilliant, when not, you're an arse.
Best comment of the race =D>

We go on about wanting close racing, etc, etc, when cars are this big, with the drivers being able to see very little, "incidents" like this are going to happen. One foot more/less and it`s Max`s wheel that takes off Lewis`s front wing and the scenario is reversed!

RZS10

Wouter wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:54
Yes, I remember that from Alonso. I was very concerned about him at the time.
Now I am too about Max.
They should have kept him in the hospital overnight and than check him again in Monaco and keep an eye on him.
He can get multiple internal bleedings or other things with the force of 51G. :(
He should be fine, in relative terms.
There's no way they would have let him out of the hospital if they believed that he might have any [edit: life threatening] internal injuries that they could have overlooked in the initial checks because of some swelling for example, [edit: such swelling was maybe] how they missed Alonso's injuries, who was checked again however - so i fully expect further routine checks for Max throughout the next few days. Hopefully he'll get the all clear from the FIA in 10 days.
Last edited by RZS10 on 19 Jul 2021, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

NathanOlder

GOAT wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:13
selvam_e2002 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:07
https://twitter.com/search?q=max%20vest ... head_click

watch above and decide who is fault.

Max should learn from his mistake but unfortunately if you are RB driver, you will never. Perfect example is Vettel.
@mods

Why are these kind of troll posts allowed?

It’s clear Hamilton made the error and received the penalty for it, yet ‘some’ overhere continu to feel the need to troll about it.
Really? The post you are talking about is just referring to Karun's opinion. So now Chandhok is a troll too ?

As for not learning from mistkaes, Vettel has been very good at this, and most people will put that down to the protection he got every time from Horner and Marko. The same thing appears to be happening now with Max, so it's a very good bet that Max may not learn from mistakes (not saying this is one) as he is always told by his team "You are right Max, its all his fault"
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

nzjrs wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:16
selvam_e2002 wrote:

Max should learn from his mistake but unfortunately if you are RB driver, you will never. Perfect example is Vettel.
That's a link to a twitter search with a misspelling of Verstappen?
It's a link to Karun Chandhok's review of the incident. At least thats what it led me to.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

dans79

nzjrs wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:16
selvam_e2002 wrote:

That's a link to a twitter search with a misspelling of Verstappen?

I think he was trying to link to the first result.

197 104 103 7

wogx

dans79 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:52
That incident is so different to what happened yesterday it's laughable!
The result is the same - a driver destroyed someone's race and got a 10s "penalty" afterwards. Tsunoda got 2x 5s for crossing the pit lane entry line twice.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

El Scorchio

wogx wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:22
dans79 wrote:
The result is the same - a driver destroyed someone's race and got a 10s "penalty" afterwards. Tsunoda got 2x 5s for crossing the pit lane entry line twice.
It's been happening for decades and decades. It's not suddenly just a problem now after yesterday. It happened to Perez in only the last race before this one with a fraction of this outrage.

dans79

RZS10 wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:17
There's no way they would have let him out of the hospital if they believed that he might have any internal injuries that they could have overlooked in the initial checks because of some swelling for example, that's probably how they missed Alonso's injuries, who was checked again however
I doubt they missed fractured ribs unless they took him to a doctor who should have his license revoked. Even a doctor assistant would be able to pick out rib fractures on an x-ray. More than likely Alonso wasn't aware he had them or didn't remember.

I've had several cracked ribs over the years, and they can't really do anything for you beyond pain killers and muscle relaxers.
197 104 103 7

dans79

wogx wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Are you expecting their to never be collisions?
197 104 103 7

cooken
cooken

GOAT wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:13
selvam_e2002 wrote:

@mods

Why are these kind of troll posts allowed?

It’s clear Hamilton made the error and received the penalty for it, yet ‘some’ overhere continu to feel the need to troll about it.
Given the posts calling for race bans and suggesting Hamilton punted Verstappen deliberately, I'd say this is in pretty good company.

The holier than thou attitude on display from Max/RB fans is pretty rich I gotta say.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

I see that Sainz, Vettel and Mazepin all did illegal practice starts but were only given a warning. The previous precident for this was when Hamilton did the practice starts at Sochi last year. I wonder why these 3 drivers only got a warning?

NathanOlder

wogx wrote:
dans79 wrote:
You fail to understand that the severity of the mistake is far worse in Vettels case in France. LIke Schumacher in 97, he was stripped of all points, when all he did was bump in to the Williams and caused minimal damage. In 2012 Schumacher ploughed in to the back of Senna and got just a grid penalty for it. So the outcome was far worse in 2012 than it was in 97, but the penalties were complete opposite. Just because someone finished ahead of the guy you hit, doesn't mean the penalties are the same or in any way related.

Also an example, 2017 mexican GP. Vettel caused Lewis a puncture at the start, wrecked Hamilton's race. Vettel finished 4th. Hamilton 9th. I dont recall Vettel even getting a penalty for that either.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

Diesel wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:32
I see that Sainz, Vettel and Mazepin all did illegal practice starts but were only given a warning. The previous precident for this was when Hamilton did the practice starts at Sochi last year. I wonder why these 3 drivers only got a warning?
Did they ? I missed this , when and where did this happen ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.