2021 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Unf

Re: 2021 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 10 - 12

NathanOlder wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 16:13
Unf wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 16:12
NathanOlder wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 16:08
Lewis closed the gap sooner than Max
In other word - missed the apex intentionally. Excatly the same intetion as he did on Silverstone - missed apex on purpose.
Who missed which apex ?
Hamilton. Each time (Silverstone, Monza) he crash with Verstappen - #44 missed the apex on purpose to push opponent wide.

NathanOlder

Unf wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 16:14
NathanOlder wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 16:13
Unf wrote:

In other word - missed the apex intentionally. Excatly the same intetion as he did on Silverstone - missed apex on purpose.
Who missed which apex ?
Hamilton. Each time (Silverstone, Monza) he crash with Verstappen - #44 missed the apex on purpose to push opponent wide.
Monza he probably did have the intention to push Max wide, as he has the right to do so. Silverstone ? They touched before the apex. Besides, this is Monza thread, don't bring up Silverstone. Go to the British GP thread if you want to discuss Silverstone.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Cucciolo wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 14:16
I think you guys are missing the fact that Max didn't lure Ricci in to a gap that he intended to close along the corner.

In stead Max made it very clear to Ricci by not leaving a gap/trap to drive in to in the first place.
Not really. Max didn't even take the apex at turn 2. He left a very similar gap as Hamilton did to him.

El Scorchio

Yup, it was pointed out that Verstappen purposely misses apexes in those situations where he's able to force another car wide. (Imola, Barcelona, lap 1 of this race) So it's either acceptable all the time regardless of what driver does it, or it's not.

Also I've seen people moan that Hamilton left not enough room for Verstappen in the chicane, and other people moan he left TOO much room for Verstappen. Pick your poison people!

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Can we just agree that both haven’t been angels in this titanic tussles and they both share a fair amount of “blame” for their comings together?

I just hope THAT isn’t what decides this championship or that it gets decided with stuff off track. It would taint it in my opinion.

They are both pushing the limits of what is acceptable on a race track. VER fans will on average back him more and HAM fans do so for their “hero”.
Can we just have a little bit of objectivity?

dtro
dtro

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 18:38
Can we just agree that both haven’t been angels in this titanic tussles and they both share a fair amount of “blame” for their comings together?

I just hope THAT isn’t what decides this championship or that it gets decided with stuff off track. It would taint it in my opinion.

They are both pushing the limits of what is acceptable on a race track. VER fans will on average back him more and HAM fans do so for their “hero”.
Can we just have a little bit of objectivity?
It'd be great if you weren't asking too much for extremist fans.

On another note:
Looking back at Schumacher's "attempt to take out a competitor" in Jerez and his disqualification from the '97 season it makes me wonder what happened that contact between close championship contenders was taken much more seriously. I was a youngin back then and didn't watch F1, just wondering what people here were thinking about that at the time.

dans79

dtro wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 18:44
You hit the nail on the head, the extremists and those that get sucked into that ream from time to time are the issue.

I have semi regulars private conversations with with some Max/RBR/Honda fans here (shocking....), but a lot of them don't participate in the more prominent threads because they don't care for the extremists, and are often drowned out by them.
197 104 103 7

flmkane
flmkane

Unf wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 16:08
Lewis closed the gap sooner than Max
Yeah so? There's no rule stating that hitting the apex is mandatory. And missing the apex is standard during defense or wet driving. Or if you brake late and understeer.

dtro
dtro

dans79 wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 18:49
dtro wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 18:44
You hit the nail on the head, the extremists and those that get sucked into that ream from time to time are the issue.

I have semi regulars private conversations with with some Max/RBR/Honda fans here (shocking....), but a lot of them don't participate in the more prominent threads because they don't care for the extremists, and are often drowned out by them.
It is what it is, seems like the same mindset applies to fandom as does politics. I try to keep a low profile, don't mind getting drowned out too much. I enjoy the technical threads of this forum moreso than the weekly trash-storms that end up on the race threads anyway. Get the same excitement looking at updates of all the teams as I do watching sessions during race weekends.

On another note, I don't know if a season of perfect clean driving would be enough to silence certain outspoken fans. Even then some sort of political/technical/regulatory aspect would be enough to start the steam engines underneath them.

Unf

flmkane wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 18:52
Yeah so? There's no rule stating that hitting the apex is mandatory. And missing the apex is standard during defense or wet driving. Or if you brake late and understeer.
or.... if you do it in cold blood and after crash you are going to play the innocent.

cooken
cooken

Unf wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 19:10
flmkane wrote:
or.... if you do it in cold blood and after crash you are going to play the innocent.
Max missed the apex of T4 on his way to pushing Lewis completely off track on lap 1. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. In this case the goose crashed straight through the closing window whereas the gander swerved away from it.

flmkane
flmkane

Unf wrote:
flmkane wrote:
LOL, by that logic you could also crash under braking on the inside by locking your wheels up and make it look accidental.

What's the solution? Ban everyone except Mac from attempting an overtake defense?

maxxer
maxxer

Sky crew was horrible again btw talking about Kubica in the incident while it was Gio , Lewis should be happy Max wasnt on full throttle although the other wheel was turning , thas how a differential works Brundle. I heard from some av technicians in the team they do love their drinks seems to show

flmkane
flmkane

flmkane wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 19:45
Unf wrote:
flmkane wrote:
LOL, by that logic you could also crash under braking on the inside by locking your wheels up and make it look accidental.

What's the solution? Ban everyone except Max from attempting an overtake defense?

Pany
Pany

I am more and more convinced the title winner will be decided by stewards decisions, harder tires adoptins, engine raplacement for verstappen because of previous accidentd and the two wins which were lost by verstappen because of other accidents and tire failure..... too few races are left and the two contenders will crash again or make one two with small point difference