Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wowgr8
wowgr8

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

I worry about the sheer number of sponsors this year. I feel it will have a negative impact on the real livery

AeroDynamic

The new official partner for Ferrari would be bigger on their livery?
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 15 Feb 2022, 17:14, edited 2 times in total.

ScrewCaptain27

AeroDynamic wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 16:51
Given the new announcement just now about their new official partner, probability of it being fake is high.(it’s absent on that livery)

It actually is on the livery, look at the black strip on the bottom. The car is also different from the official show car but I still don’t think it is real, would be curious to know what the source is.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

AeroDynamic

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 16:56
AeroDynamic wrote:
Given the new announcement just now about their new official partner, probability of it being fake is high.(it’s absent on that livery)

It actually is on the livery, look at the black strip on the bottom. The car is also different from the official show car but I still don’t think it is real, would be curious to know what the source is.
My bad, I think I can see what you're saying. If its their 'official' partner, is that equivalent to title partner? would it not be bigger on their livery if so?

JPower
JPower

AeroDynamic wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 17:13
ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:
My bad, I think I can see what you're saying. If its their 'official' partner, is that equivalent to title partner? would it not be bigger on their livery if so?
No. There are official partners, then up from there, premium partners. Pretty sure they won't have a title sponsor ie Mission Winnow this year.

Tomek1623

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
would be curious to know what the source is.

wowgr8
wowgr8

New Ferrari PU on track. Definitely sounds like a new whine to me

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

wowgr8 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 15:14
Some news from f1at, positive and negative
Information recently collected by the editorial staff of FUnoAnalisiTecnica opens up quite rosy scenarios. After the initial phase of understanding certain areas of the car , at Maranello they started to smile as the simulations offered very interesting data.

The results obtained from the CFD, to be more precise, seem to be even higher than those expected in the deliberation phase of the project . Obviously it is not possible to go into technical details in a super armored context and from which few drafts leak. Although the feedback we have acquired tells of a successful car especially from a mechanical point of view , an area with the greatest room for maneuver by scrutinizing the folds of the 2022 technical regulation , it is preferable to wait for the events. Little is missing for the response of the track.
Now for the negative, here they're quoting Turrini
Longtime F1 journalist Leo Turrini says there are some apprehensions that keep engineers anxious. Especially on the aerodynamic side. In the face of flattering engine results, despite the introduction of E10 biofuels , it is feared that Ferrari may leave something on the street in the interpretation of the new rules that enhance the ground effect.

The fear that lurks in the staff of engineers who worked on the 2022 car , says the reporter, is that, from the very first stages of the championship, the F1-75 could pay an average gap of about half a second compared to the most accredited competition. It would actually be a big problem because, in an era of budget cap and heavily restricted hours in the gallery and CFD , recovery is not as simple as you can imagine.
How can anyone speculate that they will be half a second behind another car without knowing the performance of the other cars… Unless you know there is a concept that can gain half a second on yours, which begs the question, why didn’t they use that instead?… Confusing.

wowgr8
wowgr8

SmallSoldier wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 00:49
How can anyone speculate that they will be half a second behind another car without knowing the performance of the other cars… Unless you know there is a concept that can gain half a second on yours, which begs the question, why didn’t they use that instead?… Confusing.
I agree with you there. Though the people from within the teams seem to be able to estimate performance gaps to the competition even when the rules are changing so drastically. Like Marko saying he expects Mercedes and Red Bull to be out ahead again

Sevach
Sevach

wowgr8 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 11:46
SmallSoldier wrote:
I agree with you there. Though the people from within the teams seem to be able to estimate performance gaps to the competition even when the rules are changing so drastically. Like Marko saying he expects Mercedes and Red Bull to be out ahead again
In Marko's case it's more "we are the 2 best teams, have been the 2 best teams for a long time(not that long in my opinion), we should still be at the top" no technical analysis at all.

Ferrari predicting how much exactly they are leaving on the table however borders on impossibility.

Btw, i don't know if it's the way the sound is being captured but the engine sounded Honda-ish to me in this clip.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

wowgr8 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 11:46
SmallSoldier wrote:
In the past though, we have had “evolutions” of previous regulations and maybe that could make for expectations… But no one (even Marko) has came out with a lap time delta before a car hit even testing…

I do believe that Turrini maybe have been misquoted and that the comment is more in terms of: “If we are behind the leaders by more than half a second, it’s a big problem” and maybe because they don’t see a way to recover half a second over the expected 1 second they will gain through the season.

AeroDynamic

wowgr8 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 20:09
New Ferrari PU on track. Definitely sounds like a new whine to me

A bit more where that came from 😎

[ one minute and thirty nine seconds of listening and watching Bottas drive the new Alfa Romeo C42 with the sound of speed via the new Ferrari power unit at Fiorano]

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Hopin and a prayin

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Anyone got an actual translation? I’m that guy again who can’t figure out how to do it on an iPhone. Sorry!

https://www.corriere.it/sport/formula-1 ... a657.shtml

motobaleno

JPBD1990 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 14:06
Anyone got an actual translation? I’m that guy again who can’t figure out how to do it on an iPhone. Sorry!

https://www.corriere.it/sport/formula-1 ... a657.shtml
the key concepts are well reported in the tweet above