Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
cplchanb
cplchanb

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

.poz wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 19:40
something is wrong with front left tire....
image distortion due to wide angle lens

timoth
timoth

Gecko wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 19:31
Blackout wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 19:17
LM10 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 18:38
Considering that most cars we've seen so far have bulkier sidepods, there is a decent possibility that this could be the way to go. Since with bargeboards a critical area for outwash is banned now, there is not much left for teams to do other than using the sidepod shaping for creating outwash.
And downwash
Indeed. You can push the wake sideways with a blunt sidepod, but if you taper the sidepod back from the side rather than from the top, you'll be pulling that wake back in rather than getting the high energy air from above the sidepod down onto the diffuser. This is where I believe the Williams, McLaren, Alpha Tauri, and Haas seem to have an advantage, assuming they executed on the concept well.
It's a little contradicting you say that, because McLaren's sidepods look so much similar to Ferrari's. Their difference is that it seems McLaren has put a bit of cooling on top of the engine, but Ferrari has put all the cooling on the sidepods.
Last edited by timoth on 16 Feb 2022, 19:59, edited 3 times in total.

FDD
FDD

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 19:19
It's like everything has gone horrible wrong with this car!
I need more angles before I believe it though.
Interesting, what is wrong according to you?
Do not get me wrong, I always want to find the wrong things, that is the part where we learn.

F1ern
F1ern

timbo wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 19:54
The more I look at it, the more I think it has to be fake.
Maybe this comes from the same person who did renders like shown in this post:
posting.php?mode=quote&p=1025122
It is so detailed and unique it can not be fake.

timbo
timbo

F1ern wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:04
timbo wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 19:54
The more I look at it, the more I think it has to be fake.
Maybe this comes from the same person who did renders like shown in this post:
posting.php?mode=quote&p=1025122
It is so detailed and unique it can not be fake.
There are some amazing 3D artists out there. Some of the elements can be recycled from previous/other cars.

timbo
timbo

.poz wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 19:40
something is wrong with front left tire....
It's the deflector that makes this impression.

Blackout

Gecko wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 19:31
Blackout wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 19:17
LM10 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 18:38
Considering that most cars we've seen so far have bulkier sidepods, there is a decent possibility that this could be the way to go. Since with bargeboards a critical area for outwash is banned now, there is not much left for teams to do other than using the sidepod shaping for creating outwash.
And downwash
Indeed. You can push the wake sideways with a blunt sidepod, but if you taper the sidepod back from the side rather than from the top, you'll be pulling that wake back in rather than getting the high energy air from above the sidepod down onto the diffuser. This is where I believe the Williams, McLaren, Alpha Tauri, and Haas seem to have an advantage, assuming they executed on the concept well.
I meant downwash before the sidepod towards the tunnels or the undercut. So between FW and sidepods. ; )

PlatinumZealot

I'm sorry Tifosi, but Carlito and Sharl will be fighting for points until I am convinced that this weird middle-ground philosophy is an advantage.

It has a big basin in top of the side-pod and I am not sure why. Are they trying to scoop the air upward, over the rear wheel like those fender flick-ups from 2008? Or did they forget that Caterham failed miserably with this idea.

And what's with that "horse knuckle" looking over-cut? Is the down-wash from this to help lower the pressure at the throat of the venturi tunnel?

The side pod openings seem to be aimed at making a sort of rock climbing nook for the drivers stick their boots in to enter the cock-pit more than anything else...

Sorry Tifosi!

:mrgreen:

/S
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Stu

I’ll wait before drawing any conclusions, but they look to have approached this from a different perspective (minimum undercut, maximum downdraft AND louvres). Interesting that the rumours of pull-rod front suspension seem to be unfounded - and no rods on the rear at all! Front wing (first element) looks very interesting, cannot wait to see more!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

LM10
LM10

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:12
I'm sorry Tifosi, but Carlito and Sharl will be fighting for points until I am convinced that this weird middle-ground philosophy is an advantage.

It has a big basin in top of the side-pod and I am not sure why. Are they trying to scoop the air upward, over the rear wheel like those fender flick-ups from 2008? Or did they forget that Caterham failed miserably with this idea.

And what's with that "horse knuckle" looking over-cut? Is the down-wash from this to help lower the pressure at the throat of the venturi tunnel?

The side pod openings seem to be aimed at making a sort of rock climbing nook for the drivers stick their boots in to enter the cock-pit more than anything else...

Sorry Tifosi!

/S
You should immediately apply for the job as technical director, if you managed to analyze a whole concept with nothing more than looking at a single angle on a low quality picture and from that came to the conclusion that Ferrari will be fighting for points. Because then you're much better than the combination of hundreds of engineers working thousands of hours with the best possible equipment/hardware/software to build this car.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

LM10 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:19
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Sorry Tifosi!

/S
You should immediately apply for the job as technical director, if you managed to analyze a whole concept with nothing more than looking at a single angle on a low quality picture and from that came to the conclusion that Ferrari will be fighting for points. Because then you're much better than the combination of hundreds of engineers working thousands of hours with the best possible equipment/hardware/software to build this car.
Is it even the car?

Not sure why anyone is wasting any effort yet to analyze this.

Emag
Emag

Don't take it very personally guys. Nobody can tell how a car will perform just by looking at it.

This is just a speculation thread after all. Everyone is just saying what they think.

Besides, he did add the /s at the end.

CriXus
CriXus

High-res AI upscale.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

Emag
Emag

Hoffman900 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:21
LM10 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:19
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Sorry Tifosi!

/S
Is it even the car?

It's way too detailed of a concept to be fake. Doubt someone just came up with a new philosophy just to make a random render of the car.

JPower
JPower

Hoffman900 wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 20:21

Is it even the car?

Given the descriptions about it from various sources, there's a very high chance. If its fake, they're an extremely talented artist that has shown more imagination than every other 2022 render out there.