Red Bull RB18 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
the EDGE
the EDGE

Re: Red Bull RB18 Speculation Thread

Avocado wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 18:49
Everyone will do the same. Same car, different color scheme. What a farse. :evil:
I very much doubt that

Ferrari & McLaren will show real car minus aero detail

Pandamasque

timbo wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:01
godlameroso wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 18:48
The only spin it seems are the people bitter they didn't get to see the finished car 2 weeks ahead of schedule.
No one asked for a finished car. What is a finished car anyway - mustn't it be the version at the final race it enters?
Remember they called the event RB18 launch. And the car has nothing to do with RB18. So unless the actual car is called RB19 or something, they have lied to us.
Exactly. At first I wondered why they didn't send a technical person, or even Newey, to talk us through the car. And then realised that only Horner could BS everyone with a straight face like that.

Imagine being an F1 designer and presenting this as your own work to the public?

west52keep64

"Releasing" the show car is probably not a surprise, but standing there pointing at it and saying it's the RB18 is a little bit shocking... why didn't they just say it's a livery reveal?

Csmith1980
Csmith1980

godlameroso wrote:
The only spin it seems are the people bitter they didn't get to see the finished car 2 weeks ahead of schedule.
No one expected a finished car but at least HAAS gave us a working model and not the FIA mock up in drag passed off as their own car.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Csmith1980 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:26
godlameroso wrote:
No one expected a finished car but at least HAAS gave us a working model and not the FIA mock up in drag passed off as their own car.
Yeah exactly. We have seen HAAS-like launches from other teams in the past as well, RB included. But this was next level.

jumpingfish

When teams present real cars before the start of the new season, even if they are renders in the basic configuration, like Haas, or just hidden parts, it is still interesting to read the forum and Twitter, where people share the crumbs of information they found (here is a suspension part, there is a piece of a wing, etc. ). Time moves at least not so slowly, today you look at one car, tomorrow another, and so on until the tests. But seeing the FIA ​​show-car in a livery, which is also not very different from last year, there is nothing to look at, and you have to tediously wait another week and a half for someone from Barcelona to drop spy photos from drones. :(

Neuron
Neuron

I don't understand that all compalining... How naive someone have to be, to think that any team will reveal their secrets? Especially in such conditions like we have this year, with totally new rules etc.

If teams had to be forced to show everything - all of them would set the presentation at the same day, and it would be as much last day as possible.

These "show days" are BS for a long time, it's so predictable...

Racer X

SO judging from the comments im not the only one who believes this was a sponsor launch.
I think its a good indicator of what the AVERAGE car might look like though. I find it good insight and i also find it funny that F1 Fans are so quick to complain. If the teams put nothing out everyone would be mad but instead they give us a pretty general representation of the cars and everyone complains.

But back on topic i think they are hiding the rear/front wings and have innovations there also that floor really looks like it might already be showing us that they are fully prepared to maximize every aspect of the ground effects. There is a small area bellow the suspension between the tyre and car that i find particularly interesting. It seems to be channeling the air into a very specific area also it seems quite massive.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

timbo
timbo

Neuron wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:47
I don't understand that all compalining... How naive someone have to be, to think that any team will reveal their secrets? Especially in such conditions like we have this year, with totally new rules etc.

If teams had to be forced to show everything - all of them would set the presentation at the same day, and it would be as much last day as possible.

These "show days" are BS for a long time, it's so predictable...
No need to call this RB18 launch then, no? Because now it is a plain lie.

timbo
timbo

Racer X wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 19:53
SO judging from the comments im not the only one who believes this was a sponsor launch.
Yes. And they should have called it exactly like that. Not RB18 reveal.
Racer X wrote:
I think its a good indicator of what the AVERAGE car might look like though. I find it good insight and i also find it funny that F1 Fans are so quick to complain. If the teams put nothing out everyone would be mad but instead they give us a pretty general representation of the cars and everyone complains.

But back on topic i think they are hiding the rear/front wings and have innovations there also that floor really looks like it might already be showing us that they are fully prepared to maximize every aspect of the ground effects. There is a small area bellow the suspension between the tyre and car that i find particularly interesting. It seems to be channeling the air into a very specific area also it seems quite massive.
You don't realize that we have seen this exact car during the British GP last year?

timbo
timbo

I'd like to make my final point as this goes way off-topic.
I think this is dishonest for a very particular reason. How many views do you think they would have got if they called the event what it was - a sponsor reveal?
What happened is simply using people's genuine interest to get more views: a clickbait, no more, no less.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

Scarbs feeling sassy:

Also the car had the old HRC logo.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Racer X wrote:

This is the FIA show model. They aren't showing you a single technical part of their new car
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

timbo wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 20:02
I'd like to make my final point as this goes way off-topic.
I think this is dishonest for a very particular reason. How many views do you think they would have got if they called the event what it was - a sponsor reveal?
What happened is simply using people's genuine interest to get more views: a clickbait, no more, no less.
Good point. Click bait taken to the next level. The FIA should clamp down on this if they want to keep fans onboard. This is all teams, not just Red Bull.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Hoffman900 wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 20:06
Scarbs feeling sassy:

Also the car had the old HRC logo.
He he, I remember when F1 cars actually did have steel suspension arms with CF covers. :lol: