Red Bull fights departure of aero chief Dan Fallows

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ryar

Re: Red Bull fights departure of aero chief Dan Fallows

west52keep64 wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 13:48
ME4ME wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 01:09
When you sign a highly ranked well paid job contract it should come as no surpise that there are some strings attached.
Yes correct, but it seems the argument is that he was no longer doing that highly ranked job when he quit.
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2022/01/ ... on-martin/
The court documents, seen by MotorsportWeek.com, report that Fallows was removed from the Formula 1 operations and deployed within Red Bull Technologies to work on the road car division, which is actually working with Aston Martin on a joint project called the Valkyrie. His contract allowed for such changes in his job description.
Hakuna Matata!

Stu

Presumably he was employed by Red Bull Technologies….
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Wouter

Stu wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 19:06
At the RBR site he is still working at RBR.
On the bottom of this page his picture is still visible. Scroll to the right, he is the last person.

https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/drivers
The Power of Dreams!

lio007

Stu wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 19:06
Red Bull Racing has only about 70 employees, AFAIR. Basically just the trackside team (mechanics,...)
The vast majority is employed at Red Bull Technology.

f1jcw

Juzh wrote:
08 Jan 2022, 23:34
west52keep64 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 00:47
Jolle wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 00:29
yes I know, but that means, with his case, the court basically will set a precedent now how British law will be explained from now on in these cases.
Yup, if the court ordered an injunction that prevented him from working for another F1 team until July 2023 that would certainly be precedent setting. That's why I honestly can't see that happening. The maximum length I can see them going for is 6 months, but Red Bull will have to make a very strong case for it because any such injunction is effectively preventing him from earning an income for that period of time, which probably isn't fair or reasonable. He could potentially work outside of F1 during that period as others have suggested, but he may argue that could be damaging to his career in F1.
Why would non-compete clauses even exist in contracts if they're not enforceable anyway?
You can write whatever you want in a contract, doesn’t mean they are legally enforceable.
It’s up to the courts to decide if they are reasonable or not.

In the UK, it usually goes to Acas arbitration first, to see if both parties can come to an agreement, if not then it will go to court and they will determine if the terms are reasonable and enforceable

richardn

QQ. Do employees on gardening leave count towards the cost cap? If so, you can see why teams would redeploy such staff into other divisions immediately prior to putting them onto gardening leave. Quite funny if doing this to save on cost cap opened RB up to a constructive dismissal case.

west52keep64

So as expected, a settlement has been agreed.

EDIT: Slightly more official source:
https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/da ... -cognizant

SmallSoldier

west52keep64 wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 21:50

So as expected, a settlement has been agreed.

EDIT: Slightly more official source:
https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/da ... -cognizant
Aston Martin’s statement:

Interesting reading some of the comments on this thread, I guess that it shows that we shouldn’t make assumptions without having all the information available to us.