2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

Christian Nimmervoll. Editor-in-Chief Motorsport Network Germany (@MST_Formel1 @formel1_DE @de_motorsport).

Exciting. I have called dr. Marko at 11:45 a.m. He said he had something to do and would be in touch later. That was at 1:17 p.m.
I now know that he met up with #NyckDeVries in between. Didn't the Schlawiner tell me! 😉 #F12023 #AlphaTauri #F1

Several people have confirmed that they have seen Nyck de Vries in Graz this afternoon.
The Power of Dreams!

kptaylor
kptaylor

If Gasly now isn't going anywhere does that mean Nyck in for Yuki?

Zynerji

kptaylor wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 02:54
If Gasly now isn't going anywhere does that mean Nyck in for Yuki?
Maybe Gasley to Williams?

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Oh please, just remove that nuthead Yuki!

organic

Gasly to alpine is still on. If Nyck comes in it's because Gasly will go to alpine alongside ocon

chrisc90

Just imagine the look of Toto if Nyck de Vries gets into the Red Bull team.

Wouter

Confirmed: Nyck de Vries will drive for AlphaTauri in 2023!

This has just been announced by the administrator of the Max Verstappen site.

They will not be so happy at RBR and AlphaTauri with this announcement.
I think they should make that public themselves and NOT some insider from the Max Verstappen site!
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Wouter wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 14:51

I think they should make that public themselves and NOT some insider from the Max Verstappen site!
Any links?

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 14:53
Wouter wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 14:51

Any links?
Of course! Oh, and Gasly is going to Alpine! :-)

https://forum.verstappen.com/index.php? ... #msg_63810

ShiftUp his profile:
Profiel van ShiftUp
Registratiedatum: ma, december 19, 2016
Aantal berichten: 781 berichten (0,37 berichten gemiddeld per dag)

Forum_Mod
Laatste bericht: za, 17 september 2022 14:04 : 2023 ... De Vries naar AlphaTauri. Gasly naar Alpine.
Startpagina: https://www.verstappen.com
Beroep: Moderator Verstappen forum
The Power of Dreams!

LHamilton
LHamilton

De Vries to AT makes no sense. Sure, he has certain experience. But not on F1 level, really. Nor is he an established driver in F1 terms. So the reference point he brings will be none. And thus there will be no way of evaluating him against up and coming drivers in the same way Gasly could since Gasly was a known reference. So to me he is neither an exciting talent nor an experienced driver and falls, maybe sadly, into a category which has made him doubtful for a lot of teams in recent years.

I'd rather take a leap of faith into one of the academy drivers, such as Lawson, or try to snatch one of the other young drivers (Pourchaire/Sargeant) if you don't feel satisfied with your own academy at this point in time. Mick is another good choice.

Yeah, I'm scratching my head on this one. But then again; it looks like people in position of power within certain teams have little to no logic/eye for talent in their decision-making. Just watch Perez to Red Bull and the 2 year extension he got. Perhaps this is why they have signed De Vries. A fall back option if Perez doesn't get his pace up. Hilarious in a way, because that would just validate that you made the wrong choice, twice.

Big Tea

Not saying he is not good enough, but as AT is suposed to bring in new drivers, DeVries seems too old
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

organic

Big Tea wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 15:20
Not saying he is not good enough, but as AT is suposed to bring in new drivers, DeVries seems too old
He's fulfilling a Hartley/ Kvyat role I guess. Wasn't Hartley pretty old when he got the Toro rosso seat? And as Perez gets older, maybe de Vries' attitude & relationship with max that is suited to a decent no. 2 role at RB?

Gasly at RB will never happen again - bridge burned - whilst de Vries has (as small as the chance may be) the potential

If nothing else, then he's a placeholder until Hadjar/Crawford/Iwasa can potentially step up to the plate

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

organic wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 15:26
Big Tea wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 15:20
He's fulfilling a Hartley/ Kvyat role I guess. Wasn't Hartley pretty old when he got the Toro rosso seat? And as Perez gets older, maybe de Vries' attitude & relationship with max that is suited to a decent no. 2 role at RB?

Gasly at RB will never happen again - bridge burned - whilst de Vries has (as small as the chance may be) the potential

If nothing else, then he's a placeholder until Hadjar/Crawford/Iwasa can potentially step up to the plate
Hartley's probably the best example of what this situation probably is. A stopgap because none of their current juniors are ready or good enough. They probably got offered A LOT of money for Gasly. The only problem I have is that fans overrate De Vries when in reality he probably wont like up to the expectations that his first race has given people

ispano6

Devries is a good driver, otherwise he wouldn't be in the mix with other teams. He gets along well with Yuki and is a similar size, so maybe that helps AT build the car with that in mind.

I also like Albon and would like to see him back at Red Bull but it seems he will be at Williams and won't be part of thr Red Bull driver program anymore.

McMika98
McMika98

ispano6 wrote:
17 Sep 2022, 17:15
Devries is a good driver, otherwise he wouldn't be in the mix with other teams. He gets along well with Yuki and is a similar size, so maybe that helps AT build the car with that in mind.

I also like Albon and would like to see him back at Red Bull but it seems he will be at Williams and won't be part of thr Red Bull driver program anymore.
Albon is a better driver than DeVries who is older than him. Just dont understand why Redbull will give up Albon and Gasly to take someone like Devries who is not that level with just 1 race experience and older than both of them. Utter madness, i can understand if it was Lawson or Vips but Devries, seriously?