2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Sunday before the race.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

AlphaTauri to use fewer Red Bull-designed parts in 2023 car

AlphaTauri will be buying fewer parts designed by Red Bull for their 2023 car than they did for this year’s car, says the team’s head of trackside engineering, Jonathan Eddolls.

“We’re designing a few more parts for ourselves, actually, for next year,” Eddolls told media including RaceFans. “Just because the way Red Bull work, their lead times and their production capabilities is phenomenal. They can leave everything right up to the last minute – which is fantastic.

“However, for us, obviously we want to develop our aerodynamics around certain aspects that we lock in now. So, for example, to take some of their components that we only find out the final design very late in the year, could influence our aero because we’ve developed them around a different geometry.

“Obviously for next year, having the benefit of having run the cars now and knowing the operating window, you can save weight, there’s various things that you can do because we know more about how these cars, these tyres and these regulations will work.”
https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/05/rac ... p-05-11-5/
The Power of Dreams!

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

Wouter wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 13:18
AlphaTauri to use fewer Red Bull-designed parts in 2023 car

AlphaTauri will be buying fewer parts designed by Red Bull for their 2023 car than they did for this year’s car, says the team’s head of trackside engineering, Jonathan Eddolls.

“We’re designing a few more parts for ourselves, actually, for next year,” Eddolls told media including RaceFans. “Just because the way Red Bull work, their lead times and their production capabilities is phenomenal. They can leave everything right up to the last minute – which is fantastic.

“However, for us, obviously we want to develop our aerodynamics around certain aspects that we lock in now. So, for example, to take some of their components that we only find out the final design very late in the year, could influence our aero because we’ve developed them around a different geometry.

“Obviously for next year, having the benefit of having run the cars now and knowing the operating window, you can save weight, there’s various things that you can do because we know more about how these cars, these tyres and these regulations will work.”
https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/05/rac ... p-05-11-5/
I know this isn't the best thread to ask the question, but how is bought parts classified under the cost-cap? Obviously for the buying team, it is pretty simple. But what about for the team that makes it. Is it just written off under the cost cap?

Wouter

Mateschitz "shock" still reverberating - Tost

5 November
AlphaTauri team principal Franz Tost has hailed Dietrich Mateschitz "a visionary" whose death is still causing "shock".

Mateschitz was the multi-billionaire benefactor, founder and inspiration behind the formation of Red Bull and Toro Rosso before the latter rebranded itself to become AlphaTauri.

Tost has been in charge of the team since his appointment at the start of 2006, working for Mateschitz for almost 17 years prior to his fellow Austrian's death on the eve of the recent United States Grand Prix.

Tost has helped school many a driver, including champions Sebastian Vettel and Max Verstappen, while others such as Daniel Ricciardo have gone on to claim race wins.

Reflecting on Mateschitz's life and legacy, Tost said: "Dietrich was an outstanding person, and with his passion and determination he built up the Red Bull empire.

"It was a great honour for me to work together with him for so many years, and I'm thankful for this, what he did for the team, and especially for me, personally.

"You know, Mateschitz was a visionary. I remember when he said to me, Franz, you have to educate the young drivers from the Red Bull driver pool and they have to win races. Later, looking back, everything that he said worked.

"He was a visionary, but his visions were transformed into successful operations and this is the difference to other people.

"For me, Dietrich Mateschitz was a person who lives only once in the world. There will not be a second one, because he was extraordinary and very, very special.

"I don't remember any meeting with him where he didn't have a solution to many, many questions, and when you left the office, you knew exactly what you had to do.

"And therefore, the shock is still there, and we will miss him."
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

:D

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

ALL ACCESS | Pierre Gasly's Farewell
Scuderia AlphaTauri

The final race of 2022 in Abu Dhabi marked the last time Pierre Gasly would wear the AlphaTauri overalls.
So we made sure to capture as much as we could in our latest All Access for his farewell!
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

🎄 🌲 🎄 🌲Don't be upset, but it's the final video of Pierre Gasly and Yuki Tsunoda together!
So we set them a challenge all in the spirit of an Italian Christmas, and let their competitiveness rise for one last time! 🎄 🌲 🎄 🌲
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

From a big interview with Gasly on AMuS (German).

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... interview/

Alpha Tauri dropped a lot from sixth to ninth in the team championship. We spoke to the Frenchman about a complicated season,
the lessons learned and the move to Alpine in a factory team.

Can you describe how the summer went from your perspective and how you then ended up at Alpine?

Gasly: I was in Greece [mid Aug] on the first day of summer vacation. I needed a break because the season wasn't going my way. I needed to switch off. On the first day, I had my first contact with Alpine. At that time to Laurent Rossi. I passed everything on to my management. The talks started between Alpine, Red Bull, myself. We sounded out what could become of it. A summer in which I wanted to switch off turned into the opposite. I was in contact with Formula 1 practically every day, and followed everything. What the situation was, and how the deal was developing. As it got closer, it was about the terms of the contract. I knew, of course, Red Bull's position on wanting to keep me. So I knew it wasn't going to be easy talks with Helmut [Marko]. But he understood how important this step was for me. Then we made it work. It was a win-win deal for everyone.

What weaknesses did the Alpha Tauri have in particular?

Gasly: Normal problems that affected others like porpoising. The bending of the underbody. Trying to make the car a little stiffer in that area, and maximizing the aero platform.

Gasly: I would say, and this is my personal opinion, that we had deficiencies in the efficiency area. From the aerodynamics point of view. We drove with too much drag for the downforce that the car generates. And there was just a general lack of downforce. That affected other areas.

Gasly: The car slid more, the tires heated up more. Then you slide even more, and you have more thermal-related wear. A small step in downforce has a big impact on your overall performance in the race. I do think the car had potential. But what also weakened us: We were very much over the minimum weight all season. We're talking about a few tenths of a second. We didn't manage to shed that excess weight. If we'd had those few tenths at the start of the season, we'd have been in the front midfield in at least the first eight races. And that would have had an impact on the final standings.
Unfortunately, our overweight didn't change at all.

The car wasn't always reliable. In addition, there were strategic mistakes or breakdowns during pit stops. From the outside, it looked like you were pretty frustrated at times. You also criticized the team on the radio, for example in the U.S. after a brake problem in qualifying.

Gasly: I don't think I criticized it. If I complain about the brakes on the radio, for example, that's not direct criticism. That's a complaint that I include myself in as a team member.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
The Power of Dreams!