2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

Interesting noises in the paddock, as just reported by
@Motorsport
. Alpine is considering Pierre Gasly as a new driver, should Oscar Piastri leave. Gasly and Esteban Ocon are not each other's best friends, by the way.

Colton Herta then in the picture at AlphaTauri. #F1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/alpin ... /10358913/

bigblue

I like Yuki, he's nuts, but when was the last time he had a decent race? Made a mess of quali today. The car updates from a few races ago don't seem to have done much to Alpha Tauri's form either :-(

organic

In this Marko is quoted as having confirmed to Schmidt that if he receives a real offer for Pierre from Alpine, they will "release" him, just as with Sainz

I guess it's Herta or Lawson most likely to step up if that's the case? Would like to see Herta up against Tsunoda

.. maybe Mick given he seems to be losing out his seat to Gio if current rumours are to be believed

ME4ME

Would be cool to see Colton Herta in F1.
Really not a fan of Mick Schumacher. Simply not good enough in my opinion.

Wouter

Formula 1 drivers are extremely talented at driving fast _forwards,_ but can they race a car in reverse?
We sent Max Verstappen & Yuki Tsunoda to Zandvoort and put them in DAF Variomatic cars find out.
Capable of driving at 120kph backwards these cars are a whole new challenge 🏁

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Wouter wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 13:59
Formula 1 drivers are extremely talented at driving fast _forwards,_ but can they race a car in reverse?
We sent Max Verstappen & Yuki Tsunoda to Zandvoort and put them in DAF Variomatic cars find out.
Capable of driving at 120kph backwards these cars are a whole new challenge 🏁

Max tried last to first challenge; next up is winning with reverse gear only

basti313
basti313

organic wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 14:46

I guess it's Herta or Lawson most likely to step up if that's the case? Would like to see Herta up against Tsunoda
Why do you want to see two mediocre drivers against each other? I do not get the fuss about Herta...he is nowhere in Indycar, crashes out regularly and stupidly....and was not selected by McLaren.
Don`t russel the hamster!

organic

basti313 wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 16:05
organic wrote:

Why do you want to see two mediocre drivers against each other? I do not get the fuss about Herta...he is nowhere in Indycar, crashes out regularly and stupidly....and was not selected by McLaren.
Herta's quick and mistake prone. Rough diamond perhaps.. Marko sees something there and he's had fairly good judgement wrt juniors in the past

Bill
Bill

tsunoda is not that bad he can match Gasly and should be equal to him on points if team would stop making cockups.the last race in spa he was given 9 second pitstop and a second pitstop which was unnecessary .france too ahead of Gasly but ocon took him out .Baku another missed opportunity to score points.silverstone he was about to pass Gasly but he over defended.i think the reason they gave yuki that second pitstop is because they dont want to see those to share the same tarmac.

basti313
basti313

organic wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 16:25
basti313 wrote:
organic wrote:

Herta's quick and mistake prone. Rough diamond perhaps.. Marko sees something there and he's had fairly good judgement wrt juniors in the past
Up to now it is not more but rumor. RedBull did never back Herta before.

The point is simple: Every good catch for F1 could at least get his $hit together in F2 or any other good racing series. Indy is on the level of F2 with other tires. Latifi came with a second place in F2, Stroll with a F3 win...Schumacher with a F2 win.
Last really good catch from Indy, Montoya, came with a championship and a Indy500 win in his pocket into F1. Villeneuve had a Indy World Series and Indy500 win.
So why on earth is a P10 runner in IndyCar expected to be any good in F1?

Wouter

basti313 wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 16:59
organic wrote:
basti313 wrote:

----------------------------------
Maybe it is more than just a rumor.

The Power of Dreams!

Mogster

Re: 2022 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Tea

basti313 wrote:
organic wrote:
basti313 wrote:

The point is simple: Every good catch for F1 could at least get his $hit together in F2 or any other good racing series. Indy is on the level of F2 with other tires. Latifi came with a second place in F2, Stroll with a F3 win...Schumacher with a F2 win.
Last really good catch from Indy, Montoya, came with a championship and a Indy500 win in his pocket into F1. Villeneuve had a Indy World Series and Indy500 win.
Herta gave Norris and Ticktum (no slouch either) a good run for their money in British F4. He was 3rd in the Indycar championship in his second year. He has explosive natural pace, it’s clear to see, Norris has confirmed this. Is Herta the finished article, no definitely not.

Andretti’s team performance this year has been average to poor. Their man management of Herta, their young star driver, has left a lot to be desired in my opinion. There are parallels with Charles Leclerc and Ferrari.

Could he make it in F1, I have no idea, but he’d be an interesting inclusion on the grid. If FOM really wants an American driver he is identifiably American to both a US and European audience. The problem for him will be catching up with guys from the European scene who are familiar with how F1 works, guys who know the tracks, guys that have driven Pirelli tyres in FIA F3 and F2. He’d need at least a year, possibly 2, would he get that time? I doubt it.

basti313
basti313

Mogster wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 20:04
basti313 wrote:
organic wrote:

Herta gave Norris and Ticktum (no slouch either) a good run for their money in British F4. He was 3rd in the Indycar championship in his second year. He has explosive natural pace, it’s clear to see, Norris has confirmed this. Is Herta the finished article, no definitely not.

Andretti’s team performance this year has been average to poor. Their man management of Herta, their young star driver, has left a lot to be desired in my opinion. There are parallels with Charles Leclerc and Ferrari.

Could he make it in F1, I have no idea, but he’d be an interesting inclusion on the grid. If FOM really wants an American driver he is identifiably American to both a US and European audience. The problem for him will be catching up with guys from the European scene who are familiar with how F1 works, guys who know the tracks, guys that have driven Pirelli tyres in FIA F3 and F2. He’d need at least a year, possibly 2, would he get that time? I doubt it.
I totally agree. But I fear another Scott Speed would just spoil it.
The question for me is of there would be a chance for him to drive a weekend in F2.

organic

EvH essentially confirms Marko wants herta

Big Tea

basti313 wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 21:38
Mogster wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 20:04
basti313 wrote:

I totally agree. But I fear another Scott Speed would just spoil it.
The question for me is of there would be a chance for him to drive a weekend in F2.
Yeh, a bad choice here could do a lot of damage. We would have the 'indy drivers can not do F1' for another decade.
Probably better skip one year if there is uncertainty.
Yes I am aware that there are many racers from many countries that do not make it, but there seems to be a particular
point by some, particularly in the media
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.