WEC 2022

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Holm86

Re: WEC 2022

I really like the Cadillac's high revving N/A cross plane V8

Blackout

I like the variety of engine designs and integrations.

But what about the engine-to-monocoque mounting points? are they standardised or not? Do the BMW and Cadillac engines have the same front mounting points, or is the Dallara chassis rear bulkhead they share adapted to each engine studs (and ancillaires?)?

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Blackout wrote:
31 Jan 2023, 09:36
I like the variety of engine designs and integrations.

But what about the engine-to-monocoque mounting points? are they standardised or not? Do the BMW and Cadillac engines have the same front mounting points, or is the Dallara chassis rear bulkhead they share adapted to each engine studs (and ancillaires?)?
Heaven forbid, adaptor plates....Nooo
Anyway its all done and dusted at Daytona with Acura first and second, the beauty of the turbo

AMG.Tzan

Can’t believe how far back BMW actually was!

At least Porsche was fast but unreliable! Cadillac was close to the leaders but still lacking a bit of pace! I didn’t expect Acura to be that fast and reliable straightaway!

But I guess experience from previous years of the DPi platform and using almost the exact same aero and engine…helped Acura a bit!

I want to see how the Cadillac does in the WEC! A bit of a shame that Honda doesn’t want to race the Acura at Le Mans already…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis