2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
atanatizante

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Is there any resemblance? at least form the engine cover side :mrgreen:

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

carisi2k

You do realise that is a Sauber Mercedes in the top picture don't you?

atanatizante

carisi2k wrote:
01 May 2022, 06:45
You do realise that is a Sauber Mercedes in the top picture don't you?
Yeah you're right, it's a C11 Sauber Mercedes used in the 1990 group C championship, but nonetheless, just from the engine cover side, we could see a resemblance if we would like so ... on another note, this car also has had porpoising issues :lol:
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Tizz

cheeRS wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 18:54
I swear, more and more this forum gets filled with people that aren't F1 fans and instead are internet debators who scan every post to try to see if it's possible to argue with. It wasn't this way a couple years ago. I think the reddit/twitter crowd is, unfortunately, invading F1technical.
For accusing people of trolling you need proper justification. Your arguments are untrue, your logic is bend and you apply different criteria on your and his comments.
cheeRS wrote:
Regarding writing off a season: by and large, F1 teams as a whole don't do that.
It's not only Haas, even Ferrari gave up even before the season started. Before that even Red Bull done that multiple times when Mercedes came with a superior car to the new season and RB realized it was more or less pointless to even try and challenge. Renault has done that a couple of years promising next year would be better.
cheeRS wrote:
Look, I'm not placing bets on Merc winning the championships this year - that's fair and reasonable.
That is in essence what LM10 is saying but he is a troll and you are not ? In that case you should call Hamilton a troll as well.

cheeRS
cheeRS

atanatizante wrote:
30 Apr 2022, 17:32
Is there any resemblance? at least form the engine cover side :mrgreen:

https://postimages.org/
https://postimages.org/
Sauber C9.... =D> =D> =D> :-"
🤭 wrote:
“Being the 'most successful statistically' has nothing to do with being the 'best'. neither when it comes to the cars, nor when it comes to the drivers” 😂

toraabe
toraabe

chrisc90

https://racingnews365.com/george-russel ... cedes-woes

Its beating me why he's campaigning for this again. A good handful of other teams have managed to build a car that has very little porpoising and apparently McLaren dont do it at all. If other teams can build a car that doesnt/does do certain things, then its possible for others. Why should a team like McLaren be 'punished' for building a car that doesnt porpoise?

wogx

Cars with active suspension could be faster. Formula One was earlier called the 'pinnacle of technology', so this could be a step in the right direction.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

chrisc90

wogx wrote:
02 May 2022, 13:42
Cars with active suspension could be faster. Formula One was earlier called the 'pinnacle of technology', so this could be a step in the right direction.
I dont think it requires a mid season change though to suit one team. If it was after 2-3 seasons of the current regs then fair game.

Big Tea

There has to be 'something in it' for the teams that are not struggling or they may as well have not done such a good job. Its not the regs that are at fault, as demonstrated by these teams.
Either a financial gain or maybe an allowance of extra testing or design time to re-establish some of the gain they now have.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

silver
silver

chrisc90 wrote:
02 May 2022, 14:01
wogx wrote:
02 May 2022, 13:42
I dont think it requires a mid season change though to suit one team. If it was after 2-3 seasons of the current regs then fair game.
This is a good challenge for teams to prove that indeed F1 is pinnacle of racing and as such can solve any problem that comes in their way. F1 shouldn't take shortcut to solve this problem. Let the teams work out of this problem in many creative ways.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

If Mercedes didn’t lack performance its driver as well as its supporters would not call for a change to anything let alone a change to active suspension. Their lack of performance is only down to their car design.

wogx

chrisc90 wrote:
02 May 2022, 14:01
Is he saying that it should be done mid season?
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

billamend
billamend

chrisc90 wrote:
02 May 2022, 12:20
https://racingnews365.com/george-russel ... cedes-woes

Its beating me why he's campaigning for this again.
Politics.

Vaexa
Vaexa

"McLaren are the only team who don't have it, and they don't understand why," the Briton added.

"This is the slightly strange thing about it all, there are so many brilliant engineers across the whole of Formula 1, yet it caught everybody by surprise and nine out of 10 teams all had this issue."
What an incredible quote from PR63, honestly. Mercedes can't figure out the porpoising issue so no one else can. Clearly McLaren just lucked into it.

Incredible way to put down the work done by the other teams on the grid.