2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

NicoS wrote:
18 May 2022, 20:03
mstar wrote:
18 May 2022, 19:50
you would think lewis being with the team so long, be jumping to be in the seat to test. Seems odd george did it. Maybe lewis declined?
Or maybe George is the future of the team?
Or maybe Lewis had other sponsor commitments or maybe this, maybe that.... Does it really matter?

People trying to create drama where none exists.

It's like the scripting room for Drive To Survive The Fake Drama.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

NicoS

adrianjordan wrote:
18 May 2022, 23:35
NicoS wrote:
18 May 2022, 20:03
mstar wrote:
18 May 2022, 19:50
you would think lewis being with the team so long, be jumping to be in the seat to test. Seems odd george did it. Maybe lewis declined?
Or maybe George is the future of the team?
Or maybe Lewis had other sponsor commitments or maybe this, maybe that.... Does it really matter?

People trying to create drama where none exists.

It's like the scripting room for Drive To Survive The Fake Drama.
When hit comes to Lewis there is always fake drama!

The perpetual victim that always gets screwed over and robbed of his jewellery....
It's a soap, The days of Lewis's Lives.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

chrisc90

Good luck to him. Can’t see him getting it this year. P4 at best given Ferrari and redbull cars and George beating him

adrianjordan

I'm not going to boost his search engine score by linking, but The Judge posted a clickbait article suggesting that Merc will soon run out of budget to develop the W13 and should switch focus 100% to 2023.

While he's not wrong about them potentially being close to writing off the WDC or WCC this year, he forgets that they need to solve this year's problems, or at least understand them, to avoid a repeat next year.

Aside from that, the article is entirely supposition and based off of a single quote from a pit lane reporter 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Seriously, how do I sign up as an F1 "journalist"?? Seems easy as pie!!

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

e30ernest
e30ernest

The Judge isn't a particularly good source of news IIRC though. I treat news from that site just like GPBlog: very skeptically.

BassVirolla

Spoutnik wrote:
19 May 2022, 10:52
I'd like to read the original quote, because translating from spanish "delante" as "in front" can be really misleading, because it could also mean something as vague as consistently top 10.

JordanFiveOh
JordanFiveOh

2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

It was done by Andrew Benson and is in English.

If you guys actually read the article, the context is that he’s referring to Lewis and George. He thinks Lewis will finish the season in front of George in the end.

“Alonso applies this realism to the fact Hamilton is behind new team-mate George Russell in the championship so far this season.

Ask if he is surprised Russell has run Hamilton so close, and Alonso says: "Yes and no. George has been very fast in the last few years and I think everyone was expecting him to be a tough competitor for Lewis.

"But I still believe Lewis will eventually finish the championship in front. This is just a five-race championship, but eventually when things are more tricky or [there are] difficult situations, Lewis will still have more experience and maybe more talent."”

PlatinumZealot

adrianjordan wrote:
19 May 2022, 12:18
I'm not going to boost his search engine score by linking, but The Judge posted a clickbait article suggesting that Merc will soon run out of budget to develop the W13 and should switch focus 100% to 2023.

While he's not wrong about them potentially being close to writing off the WDC or WCC this year, he forgets that they need to solve this year's problems, or at least understand them, to avoid a repeat next year.

Aside from that, the article is entirely supposition and based off of a single quote from a pit lane reporter 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Seriously, how do I sign up as an F1 "journalist"?? Seems easy as pie!!
The Judge is a bigoted click-bait artist.

Used to be on here too diverting people to his page.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

adrianjordan

JordanFiveOh wrote:
19 May 2022, 15:24

If you guys actually read the article, the context is that he’s referring to Lewis and George. He thinks Lewis will finish the season in front of George in the end.

“Alonso applies this realism to the fact Hamilton is behind new team-mate George Russell in the championship so far this season.

Ask if he is surprised Russell has run Hamilton so close, and Alonso says: "Yes and no. George has been very fast in the last few years and I think everyone was expecting him to be a tough competitor for Lewis.

"But I still believe Lewis will eventually finish the championship in front. This is just a five-race championship, but eventually when things are more tricky or [there are] difficult situations, Lewis will still have more experience and maybe more talent."”
I do wonder whether George's experience of dealing with difficulty Williams' cars for the last few years is actually benefiting him now. Not to say that Lewis isn't every bit as capable, but George has gotten used to having to approach race weekends differently than Lewis, who was used to running at the front.

cplchanb
cplchanb

e30ernest wrote:
19 May 2022, 12:39
The Judge isn't a particularly good source of news IIRC though. I treat news from that site just like GPBlog: very skeptically.
yup...you can clearly see that GP blog is biased towards RB. Theres so many articles about praising max every day

Big Tea

adrianjordan wrote:
19 May 2022, 17:42
JordanFiveOh wrote:
19 May 2022, 15:24

I do wonder whether George's experience of dealing with difficulty Williams' cars for the last few years is actually benefiting him now. Not to say that Lewis isn't every bit as capable, but George has gotten used to having to approach race weekends differently than Lewis, who was used to running at the front.
For George, he is 'up market' from where he has been and probably sees himself making progress as he is fighting with a higher rank than he has been, but Lewis probably feels like he is going backwards being down with the Mclarens rather than fighting the RBR and Ferrari so it is more likely he does not see improvement, but degradation with those he is used to flying past now fighting him without a blue flag.

Perspective of glass half full/half empty must have an effect on them
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Re: Mercedes W13

KeiKo403 wrote:
20 May 2022, 14:10
Anyone watching FP1 live able to give an update on porpoising levels?
Almost nothing atm.

VacuousFlamboyant
VacuousFlamboyant

KeiKo403 wrote:
20 May 2022, 14:10
Anyone watching FP1 live able to give an update on porpoising levels?
Everyone is running toned down engine modes, but Merc is really low to the ground. No porpoising whatsoever to this moment. Signs are encouraging. Upgrades seem to be working as intended. Can't talk about pace, they're not pushing to the limit. Check PM.

F1Krof

Pace wise, so far ~7 tenths behind. Not encouraging. The car seems lazy at the front.
Wroom wroom