2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

RZS10

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Jul 2022, 13:50
Is there any ‘news’ on this hybrid floor that’s rumoured?
Check the vid above ~0:40 - the tl:dw is that both floors were damaged so they made one floor out of two.

Stu

Who got the repaired floor for the race? And did the other, therefore, run the old spec?
We know that George got a poor rear wing choice (although he had some pace through the corners, he struggled in a straight line).
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

atanatizante

cplchanb wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 23:50
atanatizante wrote:
12 Jul 2022, 13:20
Now regarding the CFD and wind tunnel hours reshuffle after the first of June (or July?), there are rumours that now that`s clear for them they have no chance for both WDA & WCC, the bulk of the development time allocation will focus to analyse the main two solutions that emerged to be the winning one (RB18 and F1-75), something that M.Elliot was said they were doing on their YouTube channel in the Canada race debrief...

Furthermore, the rumours are saying that after the summer break there'll be just minimal car updates that were developed until June for both doesn`t worth investing in the actual car and also for budget cap reasons ...

One thing it`s crystal clear: they are not working further on W14 until they fully understand the car`s issues and after they`ll assess which of the 2 above concepts is working better for them ...

From my point of view, in this era of budget caps, the best thing to do or in other words had you wanna have the best bang for your buck is just wait and see at least half a championship to see what the competition is doing, then assess and take action, something like Force India/Racing Point was doing a couple of years ago ...
any source for these rumours?

Rumours are coming from a forum in my country but I think are credible bearing in mind this year and last year's situation when it was inforced the first budget cap season ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

All teams will "have a look" at other teams concepts in the windtunnel. This is not unique to Mercedes. Everybody wants to take the good parts of one another's concepts.

RZS10

Stu wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 19:52
Who got the repaired floor for the race? And did the other, therefore, run the old spec?
We know that George got a poor rear wing choice (although he had some pace through the corners, he struggled in a straight line).
George had it.

Lewis got the spare part (same as the RW):

chrisc90

I guess they were MEGA lucky this happened on a sprint weekend, Else they would have both been starting from the pitlane due to breach of parc ferme issues.

RZS10

Only George, Lewis' parts were all new/same spec.

It's wild that they only have one spare part of the new spec when it wasn't even the first race where it was introduced.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 22:10
I guess they were MEGA lucky this happened on a sprint weekend, Else they would have both been starting from the pitlane due to breach of parc ferme issues.
Well, if they had FP1, FP2, AND FP3 like normal, I suspect the drivers and car would have been more dialed in and the might not have crashed in the first place.

Sidiamal
Sidiamal

chrisc90 wrote:
Parc fermé starts after qualifying in a sprint weekend same as any other weekend. They replaced the parts in parc fermé using the existing exemptions for damage. Nothing would have changed on a normal weekend except that they probably wouldn't have crashed at all courtesy of having more time to dial in the setup.

chrisc90

Sidiamal wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 22:46
chrisc90 wrote:
Parc fermé starts after qualifying in a sprint weekend same as any other weekend. They replaced the parts in parc fermé using the existing exemptions for damage. Nothing would have changed on a normal weekend except that they probably wouldn't have crashed at all courtesy of having more time to dial in the setup.
Well you couldnt run different spec parts for a start. So the rear wing change and the floor of differing sections on each car would have been a pit lane start.

On a normal weekend, if you crash, and want to change the spec of a part, its pitlane start.

Sidiamal
Sidiamal

chrisc90 wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 23:02
Sidiamal wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 22:46
chrisc90 wrote:
Well you couldnt run different spec parts for a start. So the rear wing change and the floor of differing sections on each car would have been a pit lane start.

On a normal weekend, if you crash, and want to change the spec of a part, its pitlane start.
I stand corrected, I had to recheck the regulations and it turns out it's indeed an exception purely for sprint weekends. I had the distinct impression it was universal.

That said, it wouldn't have meant a pit lane start for Lewis. His parts were the same spec. It was only George who had to run a different wing.

https://www.formu1a.uno/mercedes-e-stat ... e-redbull/

The launch of the PU Phase 3 is expected after the summer break, which should also include the introduction of the new hybrid part and thus bring performance even closer to the more performing PU Honda and above all Ferrari, finally using the 2022 unit at full power. Until now, albeit with the second specification a step forward has been made, the use was conservative for reasons of reliability and consistency.

- Google Translated
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Mansell89
Mansell89

214270 wrote:
13 Jul 2022, 23:34
https://www.formu1a.uno/mercedes-e-stat ... e-redbull/

The launch of the PU Phase 3 is expected after the summer break, which should also include the introduction of the new hybrid part and thus bring performance even closer to the more performing PU Honda and above all Ferrari, finally using the 2022 unit at full power. Until now, albeit with the second specification a step forward has been made, the use was conservative for reasons of reliability and consistency.

- Google Translated
Excellent news in terms of having a well matched field.

PlatinumZealot

Car is just draggy asit has always been from 2014. When we loom ag the Astons and McLarens they are incredibly hard to overtake so to me there is nothing out of the ordinary in terms of engine performance. The engines are about equal IMO.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏