2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Big Tea wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 22:55
As I said last time it came up, its a stupid rule, but while its a rule it has to be obeyed. It probably should be removed, but until it is it is a rule all must abide by or face the consequences.
If he is willing to get reprimanded or fined every race, that's up up him, but it is still a rule.
Merc can't afford to be fined every weekend as I believe the fines come out of the budget cap.

PlatinumZealot

Fines not in the budget cap as far as i know.

This witch hunt is shades of the Williams sisters when their creative outfits kept getting banned.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 23:14
Big Tea wrote:
01 Oct 2022, 22:55
As I said last time it came up, its a stupid rule, but while its a rule it has to be obeyed. It probably should be removed, but until it is it is a rule all must abide by or face the consequences.
If he is willing to get reprimanded or fined every race, that's up up him, but it is still a rule.
Merc can't afford to be fined every weekend as I believe the fines come out of the budget cap.
The fine wasn’t because of Hamilton wearing jewelry, it was because the team didn’t report it… If he keeps having his doctor issue a note and the team reports it, there shouldn’t be any fines moving forward.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Does anyone know how far off the mercedes was on long run pace? Is there a chance for the win or was the pace yesterday smoke screened by the conditions

search

Jdn1327 wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 05:26
Does anyone know how far off the mercedes was on long run pace? Is there a chance for the win or was the pace yesterday smoke screened by the conditions
Verstappen and Leclerc didn't do any longruns in FP2, but from those others, Mercedes looked quickest.

Evo2racer
Evo2racer

Jdn1327 wrote:
It is said that mb Amg has the pace to win the race!
If I am not mistaken Toto confirmed it on Channel 4.
BUT I believe that the rain is not a good news for us IMO with the tire warm up issue.

Talking about the team, very interesting to hear the W13 is 10kg overweight and that MB brought 3.5 M worth of parts since the beginning of the year!

As the budget cap needs to be strictly followed the team could not bring the new parts to make the car lighter! (All of this official visit Toto).

smith100s
smith100s

I would be curious to know how the 10kg compares to other teams especially Redbull and Ferrari.

atanatizante

At the same high DF and wet track (Hungary) W13's regular setup (for being kinder to the tyres) didn't get enough heat into particular rear wet&inter tyres in FP3 (the same issue is with AMR cars which shares the same Merc rear suspension/axel system, so in conjunction with the poor ride hight and travel that's it's definitely something to be revised for next year ...). So they choose to do in quaky what RUS did that time in Hungary, something that warmed up quicker the tyres but on the downside increase the thermal deg to them, something that HAM said it happened in his last 7th push lap, thus sliding in turn 16 with the lack of rear tyres grip ...

Based on the above facts it seems that they've setup the cars towards at least 2 stops race, bearing in mind the high chances of multiple VSC/SC phases and even a possibility of a wet track
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

ispano6

Evo2racer wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 08:58
Jdn1327 wrote:
BUT I believe that the rain is not a good news for us IMO with the tire warm up issue.

Talking about the team, very interesting to hear the W13 is 10kg overweight and that MB brought 3.5 M worth of parts since the beginning of the year!

As the budget cap needs to be strictly followed the team could not bring the new parts to make the car lighter! (All of this official visit Toto).
Wasn't it Toto who said that they don't report what was spent on parts that weren't used? So the team might have done the CFD and manufacturing of the parts to be used in a wind tunnel but if they don't bolt it on the car then it's a wash and thus not counted toward the budget, although the technical and aerodynamic knowledge was gained?

chrisc90

ispano6 wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 10:41
Evo2racer wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 08:58
Jdn1327 wrote:

Wasn't it Toto who said that they don't report what was spent on parts that weren't used? So the team might have done the CFD and manufacturing of the parts to be used in a wind tunnel but if they don't bolt it on the car then it's a wash and thus not counted toward the budget, although the technical and aerodynamic knowledge was gained?
Sure ive heard him saying that too. Cant find any reference online to it though

KeiKo403
KeiKo403

I believe his comments were along the lines of “we only count stuff towards the budget when they’re taken off the back of the trucks.”
Many took this to mean car parts taken of the trucks at races, there was then a different interpretation which was more along the lines of materials/parts being taken off trucks at their bases.

Goods in vs goods out if you will.

Espresso
Espresso

Why does Lewis keep pushing it. He wants to be a pro racing driver or not?
Has nothing to do with discrimination but 8s just common sense.

Girls with ear rings also cannot take them in or out? It's for safety.
If it gets infected taking in and out, keeping it in is also a risk and he should not wear it at all.

In the military its also not allowed in a active duty....due to blokes loosing there Ringfinger jumping out of a truck ..
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Shrieker

Hamilton should've just taken fourth. It was the best play tonite.

And Yuki's crash just a few laps down the line could've opened up options to him for third. Not good driving at all. He got too frustrated, which should never happen.
Last edited by Shrieker on 02 Oct 2022, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

You have to chuckle at how bad that was. Looked to me like frustration set in behind the very slow SAI with HAM - better start and it could’ve been different. And RUS was in the wars unnecessarily, just appeared to lack composure.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

DGP123
DGP123

Terrible night for Merc. Wish it had been dry, to see the race pace of the Merc in those conditions. Think Lewis thought this was his chance tonight, and once it started to unravel, frustration set in, and mistakes happened