2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

toraabe wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 20:18
Nice. At the same time I hope that RB puts Gaffa Tape on Jos Verstappens mouth for the rest of the season. What he said after Monaco is just ridiculous
He might regret those remarks... Let's see if he changes tune if Max DNF in Baku and Sergio wins and leads the championship. His very demands of preference using the points table as justification should be drilled into him relentlessly by the paddock media of Perez gets ahead.

Watto

Zynerji wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 23:50
toraabe wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 20:18
Nice. At the same time I hope that RB puts Gaffa Tape on Jos Verstappens mouth for the rest of the season. What he said after Monaco is just ridiculous
He might regret those remarks... Let's see if he changes tune if Max DNF in Baku and Sergio wins and leads the championship. His very demands of preference using the points table as justification should be drilled into him relentlessly by the paddock media of Perez gets ahead.
If anything I thought the move was probably designed to allow Max to gain a position, just this time it went in Perez's favor. But overall having two of them near one another like that only helps for just that reason it allows them to play with pit strategies to make Ferrari blink, Which one do you cover.

ChronicSonic

I would like to add that Jos did also say in that context that he’s obviously biassed being his father.

ringo

what did jos say?
For Sure!!

ema00

ringo wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 03:04
what did jos say?
that red bull strategy was in favour of perez instead of max

Big Tea

ringo wrote:
what did jos say?
It seems to be worded differently from site to site but more or less Red Bull should prioritise the driver leading the points list. Meaning Max, but he may be reminded of this if Checo becomes the leader. Its only 15 points, so one DNF.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

Seems odd to favour one driver from day 1 of the season on that basis then. What happens if one driver gets 5 points and the other 6 on the first race. Bit of a silly comment to make really.

Wouter

ringo wrote:
what did jos say?
This is what Jos said in his column:

Published on 30 May 2022
As a father I was also disappointed with the race. Max's third place was very disappointing. We all saw that it was a difficult weekend for him. It starts with the car, which simply doesn't have the characteristics for his driving style yet. Max has far too little grip at the front axle. And especially in Monaco, with all those short corners, you need a car that turns very quickly. That was just hard.

Red Bull achieved a good result, but at the same time exerted little influence to help Max to the front. That he finished third, he owes to Ferrari's mistake at that second stop of Charles Leclerc. The championship leader, Max, was not helped in that sense by the chosen strategy. It turned completely to Checo's favour. That was disappointing to me, and I would have liked it to be different for the championship leader.

I would have liked them to go for Max, but of course I am not entirely objective. I think ten points from Max have been thrown away here. Especially with the two retirements we've had, we need every point. Don't forget that Ferrari currently has a better car, especially in qualifying.

Apart from all this, I am happy for Checo. Winning in Monaco is of course something special and I hope he enjoys it. And from now on, it’s full focus on the next races in Baku and Canada.
The Power of Dreams!

Gillian

Thanks Wouter. The average comment on this forum is more biased then what Jos said.

Wouter

Gillian wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 15:39
Thanks Wouter. The average comment on this forum is more biased then what Jos said.
Many people, including click-bate sites, only post a single quoted sentence, without adding context,
in the hopes that it will get a lot of responses. I don't think that's a good way to post something.
The Power of Dreams!

silver

Big Tea wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 13:03
ringo wrote:
what did jos say?
It seems to be worded differently from site to site but more or less Red Bull should prioritise the driver leading the points list. Meaning Max, but he may be reminded of this if Checo becomes the leader. Its only 15 points, so one DNF.
DNF can go both ways. One DNF to Perez and a win in the same race to Verstappen means 40 points lead. It's the sort of probability that Bottas had against Hamilton and lot of folks were wishing for a DNF to Hamilton.

Big Tea

silver wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 17:25
Big Tea wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 13:03
ringo wrote:
what did jos say?
DNF can go both ways. One DNF to Perez and a win in the same race to Verstappen means 40 points lead. It's the sort of probability that Bottas had against Hamilton and lot of folks were wishing for a DNF to Hamilton.
Of course, that's why it is tricky to put all you money on one horse.

Just for honesty, I would have backed Max, provided it did not 'spoil' Checo's race.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

taperoo2k

Wouter wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 16:39
Gillian wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 15:39
Many people, including click-bate sites, only post a single quoted sentence, without adding context,
in the hopes that it will get a lot of responses. I don't think that's a good way to post something.
It's the way the internet works these days. All Red Bull will probably care about is beating Ferrari to the constructors championship.

As for Monaco ? Red Bull saw a chance of winning Monaco and gambled. Perez was in the right place at the right time. Max had a pretty poor weekend by his standards, so he should be pleased he finished ahead of Leclerc at least.

napoleon1981

I don't think it was clear to redbull what the better strategy was at the time they brought Checo in. I think they wanted to disrupt Ferrari and give them something to think about. Ferrari responded poorly and it all fell Checos way. Two strategies were developping initially, going to inters, or driving a bit longer and making the jump straight to slicks. The inters strategy turned out to be a bit better, but likely not by much, espescially if you waited too long.

I don't agree with Jos here.

NL_Fer

ringo wrote:
what did jos say?
He would have preferred that they put Max on the inters early instead of Perez, because it was the wining strategy and he is biassed as a father.