2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
basti313
basti313

Re: 2022 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Jolle wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 19:37
I agree with the two teams. We’ve seen in the past, you start off with one (midfield) team, then progress to a two team strategy, with one prime and one mid fielder. So, start with a team like Sauber or Williams, then take McLaren the second or third your. Two ambitious teams at once, not even Ferrari or Mercedes want/can do that (look at Renault how that failed). RedBull played it perfectly with Honda, something McLaren should have done with Manor. Other great example was how Mercedes used Sauber as a jumping point, before going all in with McLaren. Peugeot is another prime example how starting at an ambitious team just doesn’t work.
Yes, if you start within existing rules and engines. But they want to start the new engine at new rules?
The question is how much the ICE changes of course.
Jolle wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 19:37
As for the transition to redbull power, I think the ideal situation would be one year on Honda build engines in the RedBull and RedBull own engines in the AT to get the kinks out.
I do not think this is possible due to the engine rule change. You can not use the Honda anymore.
diffuser wrote:
31 Jan 2022, 19:59
Why would VW need RBR PU plant? Why wouldn't RBR be going out on it's own to create it's own PU ? Based on the people we've heard of them hiring . It sounds like VW is not where they're going?
VW needs the battery and MGU-K IP. The question is if RB bought it from Honda or not...
RB needs VW as you need again to put a billion Euro on the engine and you need the knowledge and latest R&D from the car manufacturer (leveled as below). Who manages to develop earlier and to dump more money will be ahead for the next 10 years....just like 2014.
The good thing is, that no one does combustion development in Europe anymore, so they all can just buy newest IP from AVL, the only company involved in the Chinese development.
Don`t russel the hamster!

BrunoH
BrunoH

bmw does...

Wouter

Max last Monday on ice in Zell am See. More coming soon.

First in the morning by helicopter from Salzburg to Zell am Zee.

The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

All Verstappen's qualifying laps from 2021 season

synced audio to gear changes, added telemetry overlay, as per usual.

preview image

download here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
All clips are in 50 fps but if you watch directly trough google drive in embedded screen you'll be limited to 25 fps. I recommend downloading clips for full quality.

hf :)

Ryar

Juzh wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 13:35
All Verstappen's qualifying laps from 2021 season

synced audio to gear changes, added telemetry overlay, as per usual.

preview image
https://i.imgur.com/pHllmno.jpg

download here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
All clips are in 50 fps but if you watch directly trough google drive in embedded screen you'll be limited to 25 fps. I recommend downloading clips for full quality.

hf :)
Awesome! Thanks Juzh. =D>
Hakuna Matata!

Wouter

First pictures.

The Power of Dreams!

SiLo

Wouter wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 19:10
First pictures.

Wouldnt mind seeing F1 cars with tyres that thin for a weekend!
Felipe Baby!

Jolle
Jolle

small observation, although still visible on the car and suit (my guess those will be updated at launch), Honda is gone from the helmet (which is his 22 helmet already).

Stu

SiLo wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 19:15
Wouter wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 19:10
First pictures.

Wouldnt mind seeing F1 cars with tyres that thin for a weekend!
Very (very!) off topic, but around 1990(ish) the Tyrell team ran the first practice sessions at the old Hockenheim track with front tyres fitted at the rear of the car (to reduce drag & increase top speed), the FIA stopped them doing this before qualifying (as far as I can recall). This is when the front tyres were way-more narrow than they are now. They were planning to do the opposite at the Hungaroring…
The FIA/Race Director creating rules ‘on the hoof’ is nothing new.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Stu

Jolle wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 19:19
small observation, although still visible on the car and suit (my guess those will be updated at launch), Honda is gone from the helmet (which is his 22 helmet already).
I wonder what engine that car actually has in it (it is a Renault-era 2.4l V8 chassis)?
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Jolle
Jolle

Stu wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 20:39
Jolle wrote:
I wonder what engine that car actually has in it (it is a Renault-era 2.4l V8 chassis)?
A special Renault spec which can do non-racing things like that with cold-ish starts and doesn’t has to be serviced every run or a Judd 3.0 V8 (which costs less then a single Renault service I guess)

Stu

Jolle wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 21:29
Stu wrote:
Jolle wrote:
A special Renault spec which can do non-racing things like that with cold-ish starts and doesn’t has to be serviced every run or a Judd 3.0 V8 (which costs less then a single Renault service I guess)
I was thinking that it could be a Judd or something similar, I would imagine that the Renault engines were leased (so would have still been the property of Renault).

Jolle
Jolle

Stu wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 21:36
Jolle wrote:
02 Feb 2022, 21:29
Stu wrote:

I was thinking that it could be a Judd or something similar, I would imagine that the Renault engines were leased (so would have still been the property of Renault).
These cars are 100% marketing, so cost effectively is key. A Judd or other small V8 racing engine is way cheaper, including retrofit then a lease on an actual F1 engine plus the service & extra gear+personal you need.
11.000 rpm and 500 hp is enough for doing donuts at city events

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

jumpingfish

Only six days to wait :)