2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Great to see Asaki-san on the podium today !!

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Wouter wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 22:11
Great to see Asaki-san on the podium today !!
Very nice to see.

You wont get anything better than a 1-2 race finish and a RB driver taking the WDC in Japan. Great for Honda and Redbull that result today.

nokivasara
nokivasara

Congrats to Max, well deserved WDC-title! I really didn't like his way of defending or his attitude towards others when he joined F1 but he has calmed down and shown that he really has what it takes to be at the very top in F1.

atanatizante

A message for the older guys that are members of this forum:

Don't you think this year's and last year's Max championship wins resemble the ones of Michael Schumacher back in 1994 and 1995? In 1994 Michael was fighting with an Englishman who had a slower car in the first part of the season then the latter got a faster one after the summer everything ended with a decider final race in which Michael got lucky by the rival`s technical issue/misfortune ... then in 1995, when Benetton finally have had the same Renault engine as Williams did, Michael was just easy blaze passing through the championship even though in the first races nothing suggested that would happen further in the championship ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Quantum

atanatizante wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 18:34

Don't you think this year's and last year's Max championship wins resemble the ones of Michael Schumacher back in 1994 and 1995? In 1994 Michael was fighting with an Englishman who had a slower car in the first part of the season then the latter got a faster one after the summer everything ended with a decider final race in which Michael got lucky by the rival`s technical issue/misfortune ... then in 1995, when Benetton finally have had the same Renault engine as Williams did, Michael was just easy blaze passing through the championship even though in the first races nothing suggested that would happen further in the championship ...
Michael got penalised and missed races.
The RB18 is also beyond anything comparable this season unlike then.
"Interplay of triads"

dren

Zynerji wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 20:02
maseboogie wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 16:44
AR3-GP wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 15:02

I'm fairly certain that Ferrari will be taking engine penalties in COTA so it does look good for RB.
I'm going to COTA so hopefully I get to see the Constructors coronation for RB. Congrats to Max going back-to-back (and just DOMINANT after the reliability issues were fixed after AUS)!
I'm contemplating going to COTA for Friday practice as I'll be in San Antonio this week (90 minutes drive). Sadly, I need to catch a plane to Long Island early Saturday morning, but would love to see something!
If I remember right there is an 85mph road between San Antonio and Austin.
Honda!

Zynerji

dren wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 20:57
Zynerji wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 20:02
maseboogie wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 16:44

I'm going to COTA so hopefully I get to see the Constructors coronation for RB. Congrats to Max going back-to-back (and just DOMINANT after the reliability issues were fixed after AUS)!
I'm contemplating going to COTA for Friday practice as I'll be in San Antonio this week (90 minutes drive). Sadly, I need to catch a plane to Long Island early Saturday morning, but would love to see something!
If I remember right there is an 85mph road between San Antonio and Austin.
I currently live in Texas... There are lots of 85mph roads here... Some of the posted 75mph roads have stop-sign cross traffic. (State Route 155)🤯🤯🤯

atanatizante

Quantum wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 18:53
atanatizante wrote:

Michael got penalised and missed races.
The RB18 is also beyond anything comparable this season unlike then.
You are right :

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 3hLZV.html
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

atanatizante wrote:

In '94, the Williams team had to deal with emotional and legal fall out of Senna's death too, as did Hill. Amazing that it went down to the wire at the end of the season really. As for Michael getting lucky, he did cause the technical issue - he drove in to Hill's car and broke the front suspension. At least last year the last race shenanigans was nothing to do with the drivers.

Of course, in 1994, there were allegations of cheating by Benetton because they had a "we don't use it, honestly" launch control system on the car. The FIA effectively did nothing about it even though Benetton ended up admitting it was there. Interestingly, they had been testing the system at Pembrey race track in the UK in front of other people:
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... suspicions . Oops! It might be said that the relative improvement in the Williams in 1994 was due, in part, to Benetton having to disable their clever, illegal, system once it became public knowledge.

I don't really see a comparison between Max's two title years and Michael's. The better comparison is between Max's and Fernando's. Fernando made full use of the rule change that hampered Ferrari - the tyre rules changed which swung the tyre war in Michelin's favour and screwed the Ferrari/Bridgestone method up to that point. Just as rule changes hampered the Mercedes last year - no doubt the rear floor changes helped Red Bull by hampering Mercedes in the early part of the season and Max did a great job banking the early points before Mercedes figured out their car.

I guess it's tempting for people to compare Max with Michael because they want/hope/expect Max to go on and emulate Michael's career with lots of titles. Of course, Michael won his with two different teams (as has Lewis) so currently Max is more in the Fernando / Seb position. If he wins next year then it's looking more like Seb than Fernando or Michael. If he wins a few with Red Bull and then goes somewhere else and wins again, then he'll be in the Michael / Lewis position. He might also pass both of their title records in the process. He's certainly quick enough to do it given the machinery.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

people did the same comparisons with Vettel and MC and most of them told that Vettel is next MC but he is not. Legend is a Legend. It is not good to compare with Legend. The legend should be raised again. We will come to know after few years that, IS Max really a Legend....??? It is a big question mark.

Sieper

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 10:02
atanatizante wrote:

In '94, the Williams team had to deal with emotional and legal fall out of Senna's death too, as did Hill. Amazing that it went down to the wire at the end of the season really. As for Michael getting lucky, he did cause the technical issue - he drove in to Hill's car and broke the front suspension. At least last year the last race shenanigans was nothing to do with the drivers.

Of course, in 1994, there were allegations of cheating by Benetton because they had a "we don't use it, honestly" launch control system on the car. The FIA effectively did nothing about it even though Benetton ended up admitting it was there. Interestingly, they had been testing the system at Pembrey race track in the UK in front of other people:
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... suspicions . Oops! It might be said that the relative improvement in the Williams in 1994 was due, in part, to Benetton having to disable their clever, illegal, system once it became public knowledge.

I don't really see a comparison between Max's two title years and Michael's. The better comparison is between Max's and Fernando's. Fernando made full use of the rule change that hampered Ferrari - the tyre rules changed which swung the tyre war in Michelin's favour and screwed the Ferrari/Bridgestone method up to that point. Just as rule changes hampered the Mercedes last year - no doubt the rear floor changes helped Red Bull by hampering Mercedes in the early part of the season and Max did a great job banking the early points before Mercedes figured out their car.

I guess it's tempting for people to compare Max with Michael because they want/hope/expect Max to go on and emulate Michael's career with lots of titles. Of course, Michael won his with two different teams (as has Lewis) so currently Max is more in the Fernando / Seb position. If he wins next year then it's looking more like Seb than Fernando or Michael. If he wins a few with Red Bull and then goes somewhere else and wins again, then he'll be in the Michael / Lewis position. He might also pass both of their title records in the process. He's certainly quick enough to do it given the machinery.
Max looks more like Max.

Sieper

selvam_e2002 wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 12:04
people did the same comparisons with Vettel and MC and most of them told that Vettel is next MC but he is not. Legend is a Legend. It is not good to compare with Legend. The legend should be raised again. We will come to know after few years that, IS Max really a Legend....??? It is a big question mark.
In your eyes, Max already is a legend in mine. What he has already achieved and the level of control and skill he has is works of legends.

Wouter

selvam_e2002 wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 12:04
We will come to know after few years that, IS Max really a Legend....??? It is a big question mark.
A big question mark to you. You could already see in 2014 in Japan, when he drove his first F1 car,
that he is a huge talented driver and now in 2022 he is a Legend imo.
The Power of Dreams!

mendis
mendis

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 10:02
Did FIA not use strong handed approach on Schumacher and Benetton? He was disqualified in Britain for his team refusing to accept a 5 second penalty. He was later disqualified from 2 more races for the same offence as an additional punishment! FIA was pissed off with a soft corner to Williams in the wake of Senna's death. So they wanted to punish and penalize as much as they could to Benetton. It was also evident in the way they disqualified Schumacher in Belgium for a plank wear. You don't see such things happen nowadays due to enormous commercial, media and fan pressure. It was 4 races where they ensured Schumacher/Benetton doesn't score points. One DSQ was acceptable in Britain, may be 2 including Belgium. But the other 2 suspensions were way too much and Schumacher was landing victories in almost every race and had they not suspended him for 2 races, he would have won comfortably. Taking nothing away from Hill as he did a stellar job, but those were realities.

Sieper

Agreed, those years where also very heavily politicalized. Hill is a gentleman but last year you could also see he really played the political game, as he had faced during his own active career (as a driver) as well. It was a big disappointment to me.