2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower
JPower

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Now THAT was a race. Wow.

Huge congrats to Carlos for hanging in there. People can talk about luck, but that’s usually what’s needed to get a first win.

Leclerc got unlucky but he’ll get his no doubt. If have a feeling they’ll be paying him back in some way.
Last edited by JPower on 03 Jul 2022, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

evered7 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:32
Leclerc should leave the team. Go to Mercedes. They'll worship him.

Every single race, the default mode is to screw his race.
The problem is ... Fooking sainz is avg but always hangs around that " Could be window " and Ferrari don't have balls to call it.

take example of monaco, they felt parez undercut would hit Sainz tried covering him , he didnt pit ,argued back and forth for 2 laps. in that time they completely forgot Leclerc.
Here again they pitted Sainz for fresh tyres, they had the chance to Charles later but kept him on old hard while whole world was on fresh softs. gutted gutted gutted.
Charles should replace Lewis at Mercedes next yr if he wants to win anything.

Gillian
Gillian

F1NAC wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:33
It is so hard to be a Ferrari fan...

My god... they still lack some clinical decisions to be in contender for WDC...

First stint with Sainz vs Leclerc was so painful to watch..

Sainz got massively lucky today, and can thank Leclerc who kept Hamilton behind

I
Yup totally agreed. I mean, I'm not even a fan of Ferrari (or any particular team) but it was highly annoying to me to see. Leclerc was so much better! And then to leave him out on hards at the SC. :shock:

JPower
JPower

AnotherAlex wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:31
Note to Ferrari...

Your drivers this season:

No.1 - Charles Leclerc
No.2 - Carlos Sainz
Says who?

F1NAC

It is crazy to think that Sainz has only one win less than Leclerc... smh

bluechris

JPower wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:39
AnotherAlex wrote:
Note to Ferrari...

No.1 - Charles Leclerc
No.2 - Carlos Sainz
Says who?
Common sense and all people eyes. Sainz made two mistakes .. lost on the 1st start from Verstapen and the 2nd went off track. I dont count his old mistakes. And we have Leclerc who is faster than Sainz and has a damaged car.
1+1 = 2
Last edited by bluechris on 03 Jul 2022, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:38
evered7 wrote:

The problem is ... Fooking sainz is avg but always hangs around that " Could be window " and Ferrari don't have balls to call it. it always makes them hard to quickly respond . Charles despite having all the talent and performance advantage on Sainz always gets screwed.

take example of monaco, they felt parez undercut would hit Sainz tried covering him , he didnt pit ,argued back and forth for 2 laps. in that time they completely forgot Leclerc.
Here again they pitted Sainz for fresh tyres, they had the chance to Charles later but kept him on old hard while whole world was on fresh softs. gutted gutted gutted.
Charles should replace Lewis at Mercedes next yr if he wants to win anything.

Schumix
Schumix

McL-H wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:24
Ferrari really throwing away Charles his championship..
I really can't believe it how far they are penalizing Charles Leclerc.
I have never seen this in Formula1.

Mr.S
Mr.S

The worse part is Veerappan is now 43 points ahead of Leclerc. Leclerc lost 14 points here including fastest lap if he had changed to sorts. The gap would now be 29 & not 41. With Ocon’s safety car would have been lower.

And Sainz the luckiest F1 driver ever. Monaco was another bad weekend for Max where Leclerc should have pulled 10-12 points over him.

Schumix
Schumix

evered7 wrote:

I also think so. Leclerc should leave Ferrari. They don't have a winning mindset.
What is really amazing is that they can't learn from the others, specially from how RB how are always putting Max Verstappen in the better position for the championship

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

JPower wrote:
AnotherAlex wrote:
Note to Ferrari...

No.1 - Charles Leclerc
No.2 - Carlos Sainz
Says who?
i assume you are Sainz fan and have every right to back your guy but ffs dont be so blind.

Lec was lapping faster than sainz with a brocken wing ffs. its only the stupid strategy from Ferrari that snatched win from Lec and gave to Sainz.

even if had they pitted Leclerc and gave away track position to Lewis ...ffs this is not Monaco. Charles and sainz both could have passed Lewis had he stayed on hards after SC.

Schumix
Schumix

I am really sorry to say that, Binotto is not focused on winning the championship.
It seems like he is focused on demonstrating that his team can produce a competitive car, instead on looking for all the possibilities available to win a championship.
He looks more like a genius engineer, not a result-oreiented leader.
At the end of the year, he will be happy to say that they were competitive this year, they won some races and that they will do better next year. And nothing will change.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Mr.S wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:45
The worse part is Veerappan is now 43 points ahead of Leclerc. Leclerc lost 14 points here including fastest lap if he had changed to sorts. The gap would now be 29 & not 41. With Ocon’s safety car would have been lower.

And Sainz the luckiest F1 driver ever. Monaco was another bad weekend for Max where Leclerc should have pulled 10-12 points over him.
im getting confused now who is more lucky. Sainz or Max.

when leclercs engine blows up in spain, RB immediately call for swap so that max could maximize it.

In Ferrari , at monaco Max struggled ...they prioritize sainz to cover Perez undercut , sainz didnt pit and argues for 2 laps .. meanwhile Leclerc is left hanging. Here again had the gave away position and pitted Charles still he could have easily passed Lewis had lewis stayed on hards , this is not Monaco where track position is everything.

this is a joke, he should seriously think about Mercedes if lewis hangs up. and let Ferrari enjoy with Sainz.

JPower
JPower

bluechris wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 18:42
JPower wrote:
AnotherAlex wrote:
Note to Ferrari...

No.1 - Charles Leclerc
No.2 - Carlos Sainz
Says who?
Common sense and all people eyes. Sainz made two mistakes .. lost on the 1st start from Verstapen and the 2nd went off track. I dont count his old mistakes. And we have Leclerc who is faster than Sainz and has a damaged car.
1+1 = 2
Common sense would tell you Ferrari doesn’t see it that way. Otherwise they would’ve sacrificed Sainz far earlier.