2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

dialtone wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 19:49
Shal_Leg16 wrote:Sainz :Carlos’ interview after the race, Asked about how Charles will fair without him up front against the two Res Bulls he said “I think it will be easier for him that I’m not there, I’ve been faster all weekend.

all he thinks is about beating Leclerc , thats all.
Dude... It was a dumb question, and he replied with a joke. He literally went through quali putting his engine under stress just to give Charles a tow. He was great and he has been faster all weekend...
ffs not a kid that you are explaining me if he was joking or not. There is hint of competitiveness in that , obviously hes not going to declare a open war on leclerc , but there is enough proof what his primary goal is.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

JPBD1990 wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 17:54
Spoutnik wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 17:49
Ferrari must not be afraid to do an extra stop despite pit stop on this track are the costliest this year, it will be the key.
Why do you say that? Id think Ferrari is still aiming for a 2 stop - being med-hard-med, or med-med-hard. As long as deg on the medium is alright, which I think is the thing ferrari is pinning their hopes on, then there should be no need for an extra stop.

Likewise if it turns out to be a 1 stop (unlikely imo). They can still go med-hard the same as redbull… or have I misunderstood your point?
Last year Merc went for the 1 stopper iirc ? I think the tyre deg will be very very high tomorrow due to the track temp.
What I wanted to say is the 1 stopper of last year might be a 2 stopper and the fastest strategy might be 3 stopper.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

JPower
JPower

Spoutnik wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 21:20
What a bad teammate. :roll:

/s

aleks_ader

BRUH Sainz for strategist. I mean seriously.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Drift4794
Drift4794

Great teamwork today. Unfortunately, RB are favs for tomorrow. Tyre deg will be crucial and Ferrari performs worse on front-limited tracks. I can't see how Leclerc keeps them behind. Heart says P1, head says P2. Let's hope for the best.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

i want Sainz from p19 to p1

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Alonsismo wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 23:20
I think it's possible with a SC/VSC
He seems to have a lot of pace and being confortable with this car.

deadhead

Based on results from last year, Sainz should be much closer to Leclerc in the second part of the season. He was much faster around Paul Ricard last year as well.

dialtone
dialtone

rafeyahmad wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 22:04
Great teamwork today. Unfortunately, RB are favs for tomorrow. Tyre deg will be crucial and Ferrari performs worse on front-limited tracks. I can't see how Leclerc keeps them behind. Heart says P1, head says P2. Let's hope for the best.
I would give them at least a chance :). In Austria they treated the front tires the best, and despite everyone saying Austria is rear limited, it's actually a bit more of a mix.

It's going to be hard in the race because 2v1, with potential for a powerful undercut, can only be defended when you are straight up faster, but if it's going to be slower so be it... They have plenty of DF on that car to be able to handle the tires and with the high temperatures it's not just graining that matters but blistering too.

I'm optimistic to neutral in the outlook.

dialtone
dialtone

I've been mulling this over since telemetry came out...

this is VEC lap (VER v LEC). I think Ferrari turned the power down on LEC's engine.

What makes me say it is how the RPM curve moves compared to austria. in the above graph the only case in which Ferrari matches RedBull is in the non DRS straight to T10, in the other straights Ferrari has lower RPMs. Here's a few zooms from that:

This above is where they match.

This is the straight immediately before.

This is the start straight.

Now here's Austria in quali:

This is the start straight

This is the straight to T2.

This is the straight to T3.

Every straight in austria is matching RPMs in 8th gear, but here in France they aren't except the one without DRS where Charles got a tow anyway.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Ferrari dropped power to avoid failures if they can.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Austria has different PU tuning parameters since it's at high altitude so it's possible that Ferrari simply did a better job with the mappings than Honda at high altitude. You should compare to Silverstone or Spain maybe?

dialtone
dialtone

Same as above for British GP:

Big Tea

Spoutnik wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 23:41
Alonsismo wrote:
The trouble with S/C is they can also work the other way and form a DRS train of cars that do not qualify for blue flag passing and can also nullify a recent tyre change. It is a bit of a dice roll sometimes.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

mendis
mendis

Big Tea wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 03:38
Spoutnik wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 23:41
Alonsismo wrote:
The trouble with S/C is they can also work the other way and form a DRS train of cars that do not qualify for blue flag passing and can also nullify a recent tyre change. It is a bit of a dice roll sometimes.
Hopefully Ferrari isn't repeating the Canada mistake of removing downforce to gain straight line speed advantage. It destroys the tyres and renders he car tractionless and the straight line speed advantage becomes useless. Sainz would need grip and traction out of corners to mount a challenge. Hope he can get on podium.