2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

CaribouBread wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 18:39
Sevach wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 18:37
One thing Binotto needs to answer for is in season development.
When Red Bull was upgrading their car early on, Binotto said Ferrari had a plan and they needed to spread the resources(money for development) throughout the season, envisioning a surge on the second half of the championship, well... the very opposite happened.

Now we are being "sold" that the team changed strategies and decided 2022 was a bust and switched focus to 2023, it's put up or shut up.
My assumption is that they blew through most of the second half of the season's budget trying to mitigate the Technical Directive on the floor. Then seeing how much ground they lost, pacewise, financially and in the standings - they pushed remaining money on the next year's car.
Yip, you can schedule a months spending, but if you have to spend most of it in the first week, that plan is out the window. again it seems one section does not know what another is doing (or planning)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

aleks_ader

Not necessary. I can see after Hungary Ferrari stuff saw realistically WC is lost cause. And then Spa was nail in coffin.
Quite pragmatic decision.

Binotto at that time said "i dont see any reason wee will not win next 10 races". Now i m thinking that was just smoke and mirrors. After first half he could not expect perfect execution!? Even the directives worked in their favour. Winning would be greatest comeback in history if would that happen. In short i think they gave up internally then and there.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

If Vasseur really comes aboard, half of the battle will be won. Vasseur is not shy to support the faster driver and Leclerc is already a bit of a pet project for him given the debut w/ Sauber.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 19:54
If Vasseur really comes aboard, half of the battle will be won. Vasseur is not shy to support the faster driver and Leclerc is already a bit of a pet project for him given the debut w/ Sauber.
Its not about Leclerc at all its about who ever the faster driver is. You cant fight RB without prioritizing a driver since they do so.

for this season even though its pretty obvious leclerc wont have won the title ,as RB had a far better car sply in second half but still imo with prioritizing a driver he would still have few more wins & 50 to 60 points more.

RB's utter dominance has saved Ferrari in this coz imagine if it was a close battle like 2021 and at the end not prioritizing a driver would have been the deciding factor. for eg. that nonsense decision at Silverstone, it would have come back to bite them.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Since canada, sainz-leclerc battle in qualy is tied 7-7

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 20:29
AR3-GP wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 19:54
Its not about Leclerc at all its about who ever the faster driver is.
So it's about Leclerc then....I'm glad we're on the same page :lol:

Imagine trying to argue that the guy who took 9 poles and was thrashing his teammate in races is not the faster driver.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 19 Nov 2022, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Alonsismo wrote:
What do you think changed from Canada onwards? I couldn't possibly put my finger on it. :wink:

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

CaribouBread wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 18:39
Sevach wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 18:37
One thing Binotto needs to answer for is in season development.
When Red Bull was upgrading their car early on, Binotto said Ferrari had a plan and they needed to spread the resources(money for development) throughout the season, envisioning a surge on the second half of the championship, well... the very opposite happened.

Now we are being "sold" that the team changed strategies and decided 2022 was a bust and switched focus to 2023, it's put up or shut up.
My assumption is that they blew through most of the second half of the season's budget trying to mitigate the Technical Directive on the floor. Then seeing how much ground they lost, pacewise, financially and in the standings - they pushed remaining money on the next year's car.
even though i understand the new cost cap stuff and regulations ...but still its hard to swallow that a team like Ferrari couldn't develop because of lack of funds or had to shut major upgrade plans because of that floor technical directive. All other teams RB, mercs & Alpine etc could manage it and kept on upgrading while only Ferrari stumbled.

if that is true then Binotto should leave.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 20:34
Alonsismo wrote:
What do you think changed from Canada onwards? I couldn't possibly put my finger on it. :wink:
sainz had a very poor start of the season, and the porpoising really hurted his driving style.
this was one problem.
at the same time, at canada we got the first race (monaco is a very unique track) when sainz had confidence on the car.

if you analyze each qualy/race, in the first half of the season, the races with more porpoising, were the races in which sainz was really slow (on the seconf half of the season, the cars didnt had porpoising)..

adding this to the bad luck he had on australia and imola, it made the explanation of why he was so unconfident on the car and why he looked so far from leclerc those first races.

since canada, leclerc got 174 poings, having only the france DNF
since canada, sainz got 151 points, having austria, suzuka and austin DNF.

they are again really tied

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Alonsismo wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 20:56
AR3-GP wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
sainz had a very poor start of the season, and the porpoising really hurted his driving style.
this was one problem.
at the same time, at canada we got the first race (monaco is a very unique track) when sainz had confidence on the car.

if you analyze each qualy/race, in the first half of the season, the races with more porpoising, were the races in which sainz was really slow (on the seconf half of the season, the cars didnt had porpoising)..

adding this to the bad luck he had on australia and imola, it made the explanation of why he was so unconfident on the car and why he looked so far from leclerc those first races.

If we are going to say Sainz was struggling for confidence, do you think it's possible that now Leclerc is struggling with the car?

He crashed in France. He crashed in Mexico free practice. He says the car is not in a good place compared to the balance they had at the beginning of the year.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 19 Nov 2022, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Alonsismo wrote:
Its 8 to 6 in Leclerc's favour.
out of which 3 times Leclerc took a grid penalty while Sainz took it only twice.

also i didn't get why would someone put a incomplete stats, why from Canada 😂😂 ?

overall season stat is 16 - 6.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 20:57
Alonsismo wrote:

also i didn't get why would someone put a incomplete stats, why from Canada 😂😂 ?
I'm doing my best to behave :lol:

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 21:00
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:

I'm doing my best to behave :lol:
you won't for long. 😂😂

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

AR3-GP wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 20:56
AR3-GP wrote:

this was one problem.

If we are going to say Sainz was struggling for confidence, do you think it's possible that now Leclerc is struggling with the car?

He crashed in France. He crashed in Mexico free practice. He says the car is not in a good place compared to the balance they had at the beginning of the year.
leclerc only struggled with the car in mexico.

the car now is slower than at the begining of the season (compared with RB and Merc). but its still a car prone to oversteer and very fast on slow corners and fast change of directions.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
Its 8 to 6 in Leclerc's favour.
out of which 3 times Leclerc took a grid penalty while Sainz took it only twice.

overall season stat is 16 - 6.
overall season stat is not that.
if you dont know how to count is not my problem.