2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I'd rather see Steiner there than Vasseur, you know he'd be eager and vocal in political affairs. Fred's results are mediocre with those resources, at best.

It may sound goofy, but I hope at one point Horner might want to go for a challenge of rebuilding Ferrari and cementing his place as all-time TP star. Then again, I don't see him leaving England...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

jumpingfish

If Binotto goes to another team, it will do more damage to Ferrari than benefit from a new team principal whose term will not last more than 2-3 years.

RonMexico
RonMexico

There probably wouldn't be a conversation right now if not for the strategy blunders and lack of support for Leclerc.

If the relationship has broken down between Binotto and chuck then it's a huge issue. They genuinely believe that Leclerc is the caliber of driver that is good enough to win a championship if given a capable car.

The strategy and general poor communication between the pitwall and the drivers/mechanics is completely unacceptable. You don't see it happening in the other teams. It's genuinely unbelievable that it's still a thing

Him leaving would be a terrible situation but might be inevitable. His fault more than Ferrari IMV. Is it possible he will just go back and run the PU side of things?

bluechris

Binotto must stay as technical director at least. I don't see anyone in Ferrari to be able to do what he has done this year's.
Let an angly ruthless be as team manager like Toto or Horner, i don't care but Binotto must stay.

Schippke
Schippke

bluechris wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 22:15
Binotto must stay as technical director at least. I don't see anyone in Ferrari to be able to do what he has done this year's.
Agreed; Would be best if he would stay onboard in a more technical role, however I doubt he’d want to take that much of a step back… if these rumours are true (and from the sounds of it, could very much be so)… you’d have to think Ferrari would promote within, rather than externally.

Vasseur to Ferrari… I honestly cannot see how that would work or benefit the team, no offence to him.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Big Tea wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 18:22
The Prodigy wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 15:18
Seidl to Ferrari?
Would anyone want the job?
Seems to be the poison chalice. Ferrari people get other internal jobs, but I would think a non-Ferrari guy would think carefully before accepting.
Isn't Ross Brawn leaving his current role with FOM?

Gillian
Gillian

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 20:47
I'd rather see Steiner there than Vasseur, you know he'd be eager and vocal in political affairs. Fred's results are mediocre with those resources, at best.

It may sound goofy, but I hope at one point Horner might want to go for a challenge of rebuilding Ferrari and cementing his place as all-time TP star. Then again, I don't see him leaving England...
You got me thinking with that comment. Horner to Ferrari would be a great fit actually. Not going to happen but now I kinda want to see it.

Big Tea

johnny comelately wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 00:28
Big Tea wrote:
The Prodigy wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 15:18
Seidl to Ferrari?
Seems to be the poison chalice. Ferrari people get other internal jobs, but I would think a non-Ferrari guy would think carefully before accepting.
He has 'Done that, got the tee-shirt' though, hasn't he?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Ferrari sacking Binnotto would be about the most Ferrari-esque thing they could do.

He’s clearly a superb talent and at the very least should lead the technical team. Ferrari need an Andreas Seidl in addition to Binnotto, not to lose all of his ability- pure madness!

f1316
f1316

Big Tea wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 00:46
johnny comelately wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

In fairness, he never got to lead Ferrari - he always had to deal with Todt as the boss of the F1 team. You could even argue that he got out of Mercedes before he saw the fruits of his labour, so you could argue there’s unfinished business for him in truly leading a large EOM to F1 success (he only got to be the boss of a winning F1 team with Brawn, which didn’t last long).

I don’t see it happening but it’s one of the few options I’d be happy with. Binotto certainly has not run an effective team this year but he has hit the goals he set - Ferrari have returned to competitiveness, which was the states goal all along, and he never said they would win. Ditching him now seriously jeopardised the chance of going one better next time.

Scorpaguy

Ferrari has not been a "fighter" since they axed Arrivabene. He may have had his faults, but his record is better than anyone since Braun, and he always fought at the front end of the grid. Big Red will demand a native son, the Marlboro Man would be a good choice.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 20:47

Steiner?? :?

I will gladly take Vasseur over Steiner if those were the only two options. What on earth has Steiner done at Haas except mismanage the team and bully the drivers?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Mansell89 wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 00:54
Ferrari sacking Binnotto would be about the most Ferrari-esque thing they could do.

He’s clearly a superb talent and at the very least should lead the technical team. Ferrari need an Andreas Seidl in addition to Binnotto, not to lose all of his ability- pure madness!
This entire "will they, won't they sack the guy?" episode is a uniquely Ferrari machination. There's no other team whose employees are just puppets dancing at the mercy of the "higher ups".

codetower

A rumor once is just a rumor… a rumor twice usually has some fact behind it.

I’m starting to see this more of a reality now. I do believe Binotto is ready to resign but I think Ferrari is likely trying to do everything to keep him. I see Mattia leaving for Alfa Romeo, especially now with Audi coming on board. He would be a HUGE benefit to them, both with running a team as well as on the engine side. I think this is where the Vasseur rumors are coming into play. Ferrari may not have another option at the moment. But let’s see how this all plays out…

Big Tea

f1316 wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 02:08
Big Tea wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 00:46
johnny comelately wrote:

In fairness, he never got to lead Ferrari - he always had to deal with Todt as the boss of the F1 team. You could even argue that he got out of Mercedes before he saw the fruits of his labour, so you could argue there’s unfinished business for him in truly leading a large EOM to F1 success (he only got to be the boss of a winning F1 team with Brawn, which didn’t last long).

I don’t see it happening but it’s one of the few options I’d be happy with. Binotto certainly has not run an effective team this year but he has hit the goals he set - Ferrari have returned to competitiveness, which was the states goal all along, and he never said they would win. Ditching him now seriously jeopardised the chance of going one better next time.
TBH, if anyone could say to whoever is dibbing in 'its my way or the highway' it would be him.
He does not pull his punches politically. Could be a good call
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.